TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#595951 - 11/06/18 11:08 AM Re: New member, really want to race! [Re: Cone]
whirlwind Offline
New Boot

Loc: Floydada Texas
You will need something. We as TSCEC provide you a number sticker for all races. WE also have transponders you have to put on the front of your bike for our scoring purposes.

#595959 - 11/06/18 09:23 PM Re: New member, really want to race! [Re: whirlwind]
HondaRider42 Offline
New Boot

I live in theCentral Texas area as well! I am a board member here and I am more then willing to help you with any questions you have or if you need help with anything. I remember the first enduro I signed up for. It cane seem like a lot but it is not bad at all. Feel free to reach out to me if you would like. My email is listed on the contract page under the secretary position. I am so glad to hear some more people from the Central part of the state wanna do some races. We NEED more people like you to come out and race!

Thanks JD.

#595961 - 11/07/18 03:27 AM Re: New member, really want to race! [Re: Cone]
trouble_maker Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Floydada, Texas
Originally Posted By: Cone
Excellent, thanks whirlwind!

One question I keep forgetting to ask is, do I need a number plate on my forks? I do not own a number plate.

I found out nobody makes bibs or tubliss for my bike, old school Honda and their 17" rims... I will be getting some UHD in the tires ASAP.

You can cut a 18" Bib down, it will fit.

#595962 - 11/07/18 04:16 AM Re: New member, really want to race! [Re: trouble_maker]
Cone Offline

Loc: Central Texas
Interesting...

I have no experience installing or using a bib mousse so I am even more hesitant about cutting one to fit. I would rather lace a new rim on my hub than experiment with a product I already dont see liking too much

#595978 - 11/07/18 03:27 PM Re: New member, really want to race! [Re: Cone]
sparkey Offline
Gang Member

If you ride any of the West Texas races, you will either grow to like bibs or riding with flats!

#596003 - 11/09/18 02:42 PM Re: New member, really want to race! [Re: sparkey]
Wire hand Offline
New Boot

I run the ultra heavy duty tubes and slime and I have had one flat in eight years.It was last year at turkey.While I did finish It was unpleasant as hell.It can be done.I switched from bibs because I hated them.I hear they have came a long way since then so I may give them another try.

#596018 - 11/11/18 12:46 PM Re: New member, really want to race! [Re: Wire hand]
sparkey Offline
Gang Member

I had flats 2 races back to back then put a pencil to the expenses to getting to a race, along with maintenance of bikes and decided it was silly to pay 30 dollars for a tube wich can fail with one thorn from a mesquite. By the time you pay 30 for tube, 60 dollars a gallon for the rubber filled good slime, and replacing them way more often you really were not talking more money. I guess im not good enough to tell a lot of difference in bib or tube. I just know with bib i will not get a flat unless there is a catastrophic failure. In addition to that if there is a pile up or wreck in front of me I can go off the trail and through mesquites without worry. Just my 2

#596019 - 11/12/18 08:20 AM Re: New member, really want to race! [Re: sparkey]
Cone Offline

Loc: Central Texas
From what I understand about Bib Mousse is that they require constant lubrication and they do wear out over time as well. I am still on the fence, but I cant get a bib in 17" and dont feel like experimenting with the cost of buying and cutting one down at this time. Thanks for all of the conversation though guys!

#596020 - 11/12/18 09:47 AM Re: New member, really want to race! [Re: Cone]
trouble_maker Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Floydada, Texas
Originally Posted By: Cone
From what I understand about Bib Mousse is that they require constant lubrication and they do wear out over time as well. I am still on the fence, but I cant get a bib in 17" and dont feel like experimenting with the cost of buying and cutting one down at this time. Thanks for all of the conversation though guys!

My last Bib was a Nitro Mousse, and I got around 700 miles out of it. It wastn't because it was worn out, it shrunk down to small to fit my new tire. What I do is keep them for my smaller tire that is on the KDX220, it has a 100/100-18 compared to the 110 on my KTM. They say a BIB will last about six months before it toast, high speed/heat will kill them, that's why they say lube them well. I use Murphy's tire mounting compound and a little water when installing them. A new BIB is a bit of a pain to install, it's all in the hips! LOL

#596023 - 11/13/18 05:37 AM Re: New member, really want to race! [Re: trouble_maker]
Airbob Offline
TON Member

Keeping them properly lubed and not running fast down paved roads are the keys to long life. I run them in two bikes and love them. So far I have run them a little over a year and they are still in good shape. I have friends that I race with that have run them for two seasons now. Putting them on and taking them off is a technique thing for sure. Once you get the technique down, it's not that big of a deal. A tire changer and three to four of those long curved tire irons makes it so much easier. Heck if that little gal in the video can do it, anyone should be able to do... smile

Edited by Airbob (11/13/18 05:38 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  pentonrider 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page