TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#422659 - 07/13/09 11:22 AM DIRT BIKES STOLEN IN N.AUSTIN
238DAD Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Canyon Lake, Texas
Johnny's bikes were stolen last night. They stole a 2004 KX65 and a 2005 CR85. BOTH HAVE THE NUMBER 238 ON THEM. The KX has a distinctive bent swing arm on the left hand (shifter) side. Looks like something hit it real hard. Two of the four front fender bolts were jacked up (Johnny cross threaded them and broke them off and I haven't drilled them out yet). There is an "L" shaped tear in the green part of the seat on the right side. The bike has ProTaper mini-bars that are real narrow for John's little frame.

The 85 has a distinctive rock chip on the right hand side front fork (on the top just under the triple tree) and an oversized bolt in the right hand side back number plate.. The word "Honda" is partially "washed" off from an over zealous pressure washer. I am sure that the graphics kits will be gone, but the KX had TORCO Race fuel and Monster Energy sponsors on the shrouds amongst others. The 85 only had numbers no graphics at all. But if the number plates make it, they have KX green accents. Very distinctive on a CR. The graphics sponsor messed it up. Since we are only practicing on the CR I just used them.

To the Thieves -
To you these bikes are probably just a quick way to make a buck. In this economy, that can be a difficult thing. Resorting to a bottom feeding thief is not an answer. God knows who you are and so does someone else in our neighborhood. We are preparing flyers to take door to door and ask if we can look in the garages. Those that say no will be reported to the Police for further investigation. We will begin doing this in the morning. This gives you tonight to bring the bikes back. Just lay them in the yard and run. Don't worry about replacing the straps that you cut and as a bonus, I'll let you keep the gas can.

If you are local to our neighborhood (and we think we know who you are) we will put you in a difficult position with everyone, but not as difficult as the position that you will be in when we find you. We will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the Law.

That's State Jail Felony theft from a motor vehicle exceeding $1,500.00, but less than $20,000. Punishable by a fine not to exceed $20,000 and 2 years in Jail.

You have stolen two dirt bikes in your mind, but in reality - you have stolen the dreams and life-blood of an 8 year old child. I woke him up at 7AM this morning to show him what you had done. He was devastated. God witnessed it and you will be repaid 10 fold. The bikes are tuned just for him and replacing them will take months. In the mean time you will probably make your quick buck, spend the money and be back at it again. Please don't come here snooping around. Although you woke me up, I only went for a glass of water. I promise that won't be the case if you come back.

Do the right thing, bring the bikes back and just leave them in the yard - you will feel so much better knowing that you did the right thing. Then - if you want to ride them let me know and we will take you to the track and you can ride until your hearts content....

WE CAN BE REACHED IN CONFIDENCE AT 512-508-1484

Edited by 238DAD (07/13/09 11:49 PM)

#422680 - 07/13/09 01:07 PM Re: DIRT BIKES STOLEN IN N.AUSTIN [Re: 238DAD]
t1texx Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Manor, TX
Probably stating the obvious... bikes have the # 238 on them.
Smooth-Fast-Safe...#152

Alec's #1 fan, GO #310... Now use your brakes!!!

Special Thanks to:
Motor Cycle Parts LTD, HP Racing, EZ Designs, FXR, DirtTricks, Flo, Shock Sox, TJs, Cycle Shack North, 6D, Forma boots USA, Scott, & Momma!!!

#422684 - 07/13/09 01:31 PM Re: DIRT BIKES STOLEN IN N.AUSTIN [Re: t1texx]
RACER87 Offline
Gang Boss

UNTIL YOU GET YOUR BIKES BACK OR REPLACE THEM, FEEL FREE TO COME RIDE WITH US. MY SON RIDES A KX65 ALSO AND THEY CAN SHARE FOR PRACTICE AT THE TRACK. HECK, THEY MAY BECOME GOOD FRIENDS OVER THE WHOLE DEAL. WE ARE IN ROUND ROCK SO JUST HIT ME UP WHEN YA'LL WANNA GO!

#422689 - 07/13/09 01:42 PM Re: DIRT BIKES STOLEN IN N.AUSTIN [Re: RACER87]
238DAD Offline
Gang Boss

Thank you so much. I will probably do that. We have another 65 off at ProCircuit, but that one won't be back for awhile, so we are going to need to fill the gap.

Let me know when you are going out to the track and we will tag along.

Thanks again. Thieves SUCK

Stoney,
I updated the orignal add per you suggestions - Thanks.

I want to give a thanks out IC cycles - I'm not sure who they are, but they have offered to provide parts at cost and no labor for anything we need to get Johnny running again. Give them a call and tell tham that you think that's cool - you might be in the same boat someday and few companies (specifically start-ups) will go out like that.
IC Cycles
512-331-6008
Jerry - sent the email. Again I don't know him, but he is already alright in my book.

#422714 - 07/13/09 03:49 PM Re: DIRT BIKES STOLEN IN N.AUSTIN [Re: 238DAD]
Spermy Administrator Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Buda, just south of weird
may want to give more details as to where in North Austin.

Spermy TORCS 611
Patty 611's number 1 fan
Drex TORCS 4
Scout carrying on the 611 tradition

#422773 - 07/13/09 09:11 PM Re: DIRT BIKES STOLEN IN N.AUSTIN [Re: Spermy]
238DAD Offline
Gang Boss

Parmer - McNeil

#422935 - 07/14/09 08:46 PM Re: DIRT BIKES STOLEN IN N.AUSTIN [Re: 238DAD]
238DAD Offline
Gang Boss

Flyers are up. Detectives are knocking on doors and asked us not to. Hope they come up with something...

Please keep your eyes open at the track too.

#423111 - 07/15/09 11:11 PM Re: DIRT BIKES STOLEN IN N.AUSTIN [Re: 238DAD]
238DAD Offline
Gang Boss

Took a trip out to to CrossCreek for night practice. If anyone was annoyed by the white intrepid, sorry about that - just snooping for the bikes. All respectable people out there, I think I knew most of them.

Thanks for the kind words Shawn. We will be back pushing your dirt around before long.

Edited by 238DAD (07/15/09 11:15 PM)

#424292 - 07/20/09 11:05 AM Re: DIRT BIKES STOLEN IN N.AUSTIN [Re: 238DAD]
238DAD Offline
Gang Boss

BITTER SWEET

Thanks to SX Services in Austin, We ran down to San Antonio Friday night and picked up a 2004. It had some issues with the front end, so I brought it home. A couple of friends and I worked on it all night. Finished up around 4:30AM Saturday morning. Took it out to our private track a few hours later (Johnny was on cloud 9)- SX Services staff was on hand and you could see Johnny's grin from ear to ear beneath his Rider Down Bell helmet. It was the best feeling for a Dad. Then coming out of the back sand section - whistle - power dropped - and the bike rolled to a stop...... Oh No, here comes Johnny pushing his bike. - "The bottom dropped out, Dad" - "There is still compression, but the bottom is gone." Still kills me that he knows so much about bikes at 8 years old - I took a couple light strokes an could hear the crank bearing whistle. Sure enough he was right on the money - Bottom end is gone. So I have come to the following conclusion:

"The best way to make a small fortune racing Motocross is to start with a big one"

THANKS SO MUCH TO SX SERVICES - If you have any X-Ray equipment that needs service, fabrication or maintenance - Please call and support this company. Moto (of any discipline) riders should support who supports their sport. I believe we do.

1-512-247-9418

Anyone have a KX65 Motor?

Edited by 238DAD (07/20/09 11:08 AM)

#474348 - 08/06/10 12:01 PM Re: DIRT BIKES STOLEN IN N.AUSTIN [Re: 238DAD]
Vintage_Mikey Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Austin
My XR 100 was stolen last week in the same area......
$500 reward 512 626 7474

pic and info. here:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50237

Edited by Vintage_Mikey (08/06/10 12:05 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page