TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#280375 - 03/01/07 08:13 PM CHECK YOUR SCORECARD BEFORE YOU LEAVE!!
Trailgage Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Gainesville, Texas
PLEASE CHECK YOUR SCORE CARD BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE EVENT AND BEFORE THE END OF THE PROTEST PERIOD.

1. MAKE SURE IT IS POSTED!
2. MAKE SURE IT IS SCORED CORRECTLY!
3. MAKE SURE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THE SCORES AHEAD OF YOU IN YOUR CLASS!

After the protest period is over the only things we can change are...

1. Your TSCEC number.
2. The spelling of your name.
3. The brand of motorcycle you ride.

Be sure your TSCEC number is on your scorecard. That will make our job a lot easier.
When the event is in Texas, the class that you list on the race entry is the class that you will receive points in.
When the event is outside of Texas and the class you normally ride is not offered, Make sure you ride a long course class if you normally ride long course, or a short course class if you normally ride short course.

If you ride 40+B and you ride the Senior B (short course) in Oklahoma. You will get a DNF for that event.

If you have questions, Ask before the event.

Thanks
Bill

Red River Dirt Riders * TSCEC * BJEC * Knights of Columbus * Lions Club
Zimmerer Kubota * SMS Racing * Marshall's Racing * Outdoor Powersports

#280376 - 03/03/07 06:58 AM Re: CHECK YOUR SCORECARD BEFORE YOU LEAVE!! [Re: Trailgage]
ktmSweeper Offline
TSCEC Prez

Loc: Lubbock Texas
Well said Bill.

When the horn blows and the trophies are handed out it is over. If you don't check or hang around for the awards nobody will be there to defend your honor.

If you are "in the wood" and in line for an event award. YOU should arrange for somebody to pick that award up. The TSCEC board members are not required to get your trophy to you. The promoters/clubs are not required to perform this either.

As an old boss told me many years a go. "I hired you, I did not take you on to raise!"

#280377 - 04/05/07 08:00 AM Re: CHECK YOUR SCORECARD BEFORE YOU LEAVE!! [Re: Trailgage]
Trailgage Offline
Hall of Fame

We have had a few people who haven't yet read this thread.
They ended up with correctable errors on their scorecards that cannot be corrected because they didn't notice them until the scores were posted on the website.

So one more time... When the horn is blown at the end of the Protest Period, that means that everyone is happy with their score and that the scores are final!

Please check your card to be sure it is posted correctly before you leave the event!
If you cannot wait, Please have a friend check it for you.

Thanks again,

#280378 - 04/05/07 08:03 AM Re: CHECK YOUR SCORECARD BEFORE YOU LEAVE!! [Re: Trailgage]
slowfatman Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Allrighty then.

#280379 - 04/12/07 08:25 AM Re: CHECK YOUR SCORECARD BEFORE YOU LEAVE!! [Re: slowfatman]
Trailgage Offline
Hall of Fame

For those who haven't yet read this thread....

#280380 - 04/12/07 11:43 AM Re: CHECK YOUR SCORECARD BEFORE YOU LEAVE!! [Re: Trailgage]
redneckwfo Offline
New Boot

Loc: Tx panhandle
was that a b u m p ?

#280381 - 04/12/07 12:22 PM Re: CHECK YOUR SCORECARD BEFORE YOU LEAVE!! [Re: redneckwfo]
Bud Administrator Offline

Loc: Garden Valley, TX
Yes, it was. But when this occurs, some of Bill's grief overflows on the rest of us so we have a vested interest in making sure everyone understands the rules. You never want to see an angry Trailgage. Right KTMSweeper?

#280382 - 04/12/07 12:55 PM Re: CHECK YOUR SCORECARD BEFORE YOU LEAVE!! [Re: Trailgage]
pmkkdx Offline
Have map. Will travel!

Loc: Central Texas, USA, Earth (mos...
(wondering why an admin or mod doesn't make this a sticky at the top where it remains at the top all the time **hint, hint** )
(I only have to amuse myself)

#280383 - 04/12/07 03:52 PM Re: CHECK YOUR SCORECARD BEFORE YOU LEAVE!! [Re: pmkkdx]
ktmSweeper Offline
TSCEC Prez

Loc: Lubbock Texas
In reply to:

(wondering why an admin or mod doesn't make this a sticky at the top where it remains at the top all the time **hint, hint** )

Marcus - If you permanently post nobody will read it.

You don't want the Gage mad at you. I've had him PISSY at me a time or two and it was not pretty.

The FACTS are that you cannot run a race then adjust the scores for days. Personal responsibility falls in there somewhere. It is not our job to check your score, that is the RIDERS job. If you don't care then leave for home. Just don't call on Monday. The HORN has blown.

I've been in a hurry and left because of a "crisis" or a long drive. And I been caught later saying "now wait a minute". I had guys print out other peoples scores and bring those to me a a different race and say "what about this! This guy is faster than the State Champion! This cannot be right!" In the famous words of Neal Tucker, "It may not be right but it is official."

As long as we have people involved there will be mistakes. This systems is not without flaw but with our collective vigilance we can minimize the flaws and errors.

#280384 - 04/12/07 05:21 PM Re: CHECK YOUR SCORECARD BEFORE YOU LEAVE!! [Re: ktmSweeper]
pmkkdx Offline
Have map. Will travel!

Loc: Central Texas, USA, Earth (mos...
they would read it when something new was posted (with the little number thingie beside it of a new post) and it wouldn't fall in the catagory of being bumped ...

plus it would make it much easier for gage to find it to post a reminder (and still not be a bump under the TON laws ... just trying to keep it "legal" was my pattern of thought)
(I only have to amuse myself)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  pentonrider 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page