TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bovolo, jettech17, Lane Bros Racing, Grizzlye, RLE
23167 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 147 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23167 Members
58 Forums
43123 Topics
296760 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Topic Options
#210514 - 01/08/06 05:30 PM Enclosed Trailer Ideals
KEGGER222 Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Littlefield,Tx
Who out there has a good enclosed trailer ideals for those with trailers that have nothing inside?

#210515 - 01/10/06 07:40 PM Re: Enclosed Trailer Ideals [Re: KEGGER222]
iridered2003 Offline
Gang Member

Loc: galveston tx
In reply to:

Who out there has a good enclosed trailer ideals for those with trailers that have nothing inside?

what are you going too use it for? too sleep in? just to haul bikes?
2-2003 honda cr125! JM RACING motor and suspension/v force delta 2 reed's/fmf fatty gold/fmf turbine core 2/applied triple clamp's and renthal twin wall bar's! and a few other thing's i can't talk about!

#210516 - 01/15/06 12:04 PM Re: Enclosed Trailer Ideals [Re: KEGGER222]
spidennis Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: S. Padre Island, Texas
I have the idea of getting another enclosed trailer for biking and camping.
My last 5x8 I really got my money's worth out of it.
Presently I'm considering a 6x12 or 14 .....
Bikes in the back, over the axle
and fold down bunk beds on the forward wall.
My last trailer I put in a pair of fold down beds in the back,
one on the left side, one on the right
they folded down and met in the middle.
The entire back was a bed,
nice when I had company of that sort with me.
I might have to use both ideas somehow .....
but I'll most likey start out with jsut a folding cot.
If you put in fold down beds,
make sure they are high enough to put your stuff underneath ....
I live at the beach and rust is always a problem,
so I want a frame that is galvanized and/or aluminum ......
...... and haven't found such a creature .......
might have to get one custom built .....
Also, it would be nice is if all my various trailers
and my pulling vehicle, all had the same hole pattern on the rims .....
One spare only fits one trailer .... that sucks .......

other items:
porta-poti,
portable generator,
2 inch receiver for gas bbq grill,
AC unit, insulation in walls,
mount for satellite antenna,
2" reciever on back of trailer to pull another small trailer
double rear barn doors,
propane hotwater shower (outside),
(maybe attached to one of the rear barn doors)
water tanks/jugs (of some sort)
...... and the list goes on ......

Edited by spidennis (01/15/06 12:28 PM)

#210517 - 01/15/06 11:08 PM Re: Enclosed Trailer Ideals [Re: KEGGER222]
MillerTimeJ25 Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Frisco, Texas
Kevin:

I have a 6'x15'x6'-6" inside tall, double axle/brake aluminum trailer. Fully insulated top and sides w/ simulated hardwood sheet flooring. It has a roof mounted a/c/heat pump with a standard cabinet w/ drawers placed in the very front of the trailer. I have another set of cabinets mounted at ceiling level down one side of the trailer adjacent the right side man door. In the roof, I have a standard motorhome skylight/hatch with a fan in it. The trailer is wired into a small fuse box which gives 110 power to a few duplex outlets when plugged into a generator or power pole.

In front of the box trailer and on the tongue, I have a small aluminum pick-up bed tool box for extension cords, oil, jacks, etc.

Now that's what I think is at least the minimum trailer built-ins one needs to be able to camp overnight during races.

Here's the rest of what makes a trailer nice for short live-ins, according only to me, ha:

2 deep cycle 12 volt batteries of the same amperage hooked up to an inverter of of approximately 1200 wats. A small office refrigerator that you can plug into either the power inverter or the 110 power supply. The inverter is great for night time use w/ a TV, radio, etc. when you don't want to use the generator. It can also run the refrig. while in transit to the races.

I house all this in the front of my trailer under the counter top with add'l space for locating an ice chest, plastic box for misc. riding gear, lanterns, flashlights, sleeping bag, sheets, towels, etc. The trailer is also wired to run overhead lights off the batteries, 6 of them, so it's plenty bright. If I had it to do over again, I'd have individual on/off switches so I could selectively turn on the lights....sometimes it's too bright, like an night when your hanging back watching a movie.

I always carry a couple of folding bag chairs and a card table chair, and a folding-up bed. My latest improvement is a portable shower. See the following link. http://www.zodi.com/traveler.html

I purchased mine from Sport Town for less than the above link. It works great for a hot shower. I use a catch pan from Home DePot for a washing machine to catch hold the water and simply drag it out the rear door when I'm done.

That's pretty much it for now. I'm always trying to think of improvement and other ways to create some creature comforts until I bit the bullet and get a big truck and a toy hauler.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck.

Brad

Oh yeah, gross as it is, I simply use a 5 gal. bucket with heavy duty tall kitchen bags for the dirty deeds and store the well tied-off used bags outside in a sealed can until I hit a dumpster on the way home. I never pee in the bags, girls/women will, but I save that for the woods or the unseen side of my trialer, ha.

Approaching the age of dirt ain't so bad!
STORM was J25, was Y25, was G25, now...just was
TORO was B713, was B704, was B802, was B801, was A813, now was again
TORCS B802, again just was
Never really...was

#210518 - 01/17/06 02:33 PM Re: Enclosed Trailer Ideals [Re: spidennis]
125mx Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Conroe Texas
In reply to:

I have the idea of getting another enclosed trailer for biking and camping.
My last 5x8 I really got my money's worth out of it.
Presently I'm considering a 6x12 or 14 .....
Bikes in the back, over the axle
and fold down bunk beds on the forward wall.
My last trailer I put in a pair of fold down beds in the back,
one on the left side, one on the right
they folded down and met in the middle.
The entire back was a bed,
nice when I had company of that sort with me.
I might have to use both ideas somehow .....
but I'll most likey start out with jsut a folding cot.
If you put in fold down beds,
make sure they are high enough to put your stuff underneath ....
I live at the beach and rust is always a problem,
so I want a frame that is galvanized and/or aluminum ......
...... and haven't found such a creature .......
might have to get one custom built .....
Also, it would be nice is if all my various trailers
and my pulling vehicle, all had the same hole pattern on the rims .....
One spare only fits one trailer .... that sucks .......

other items:
porta-poti,
portable generator,
2 inch receiver for gas bbq grill,
AC unit, insulation in walls,
mount for satellite antenna,
2" reciever on back of trailer to pull another small trailer
double rear barn doors,
propane hotwater shower (outside),
(maybe attached to one of the rear barn doors)
water tanks/jugs (of some sort)
...... and the list goes on ......

i like your idea of the folding bunk beds but what if you get a futon bunk bed you know a twin size bed on the top then a futon on the bottom folds out to make a full size bed and folds up to make a couch to seat on that was my idea then bolt to the floor some how putthis in the front ofthe trailer then the bikes or atvs i nthe back

#210519 - 01/21/06 08:21 AM Re: Enclosed Trailer Ideals [Re: KEGGER222]
TWOMORROWS Offline
New Boot

Loc: Houston, TX
The futon set up generally takes up too much floor space! We bought two of the fold down couches/beds used on here for a real good price, but they are hard to find (you can buy new for big bucks) Another way of mounting a comfortable bed is to get the flat metal woven thing from an old set of bunk beds and make a wooden frame around it and get a cheap ($30) bunky mattress and use it. You can find single or doubles sizes. For the front a small closet 18" (standard kitchen cupboard pantry size, Home Depot) on the left that houses your electrical box on the bottom front wall and and a small RV water pump (also for an upgrade your electric hot water heater (takes up about 12" to 18" of height) and then has space above for hanging clothes and such and two shelves at the top. On the outside you have an access door (for plugging in and hooking hose up) and a door with an "outside" shower thing from the RV store. No need for water tank you just sit a plastic 55 gallon (or one of those poly tanks from Northern tool) on the truck bed to feed into the pump (use those nice poly woven hoses from RV store for connections). Next to the skinny pantry/closet you put a cheap lightweight shower pan (24"x24") with FRP walls (caulk well) with the shower coming from the pump and or hot water heater. The drain just goes straight out to the outside (depending on where you stay you might need to have a holding tank or stick one of those poly wheeled things under to catch). A porta potti sits in the shower (with shower curtain or folding shower door) when not showering and when traveling you can stick all of your sleeping gear, folding chairs, and one of those plastic folding table in the shower secured with a bungie (put hooks on outer edge). Next is a standard kitchen cabinet bottom and top (depending on trailer width 24-36") where you mount a microwave under top cabinet and still have counter space below. Along the left wall in front of the cabinet (far enough away) you can make a small cabinet and get one of those small flat screen tvs and have it swivel out in the door of the cabinet and use the cabinet behind for movies, DVD, player and wiring. We used the insulation sheets (hard pack fiberglass) with the shiney silver vapor barrier on the roof and left the plywood side walls with FRP over them with no insulation (stays cold and warm).
Good Luck
Post pictures when you done and give tips!
Karen

#210520 - 02/08/06 10:57 AM Re: Enclosed Trailer Ideals [Re: iridered2003]
KEGGER222 Offline
Gang Member

Both

#210521 - 03/27/06 06:10 PM Re: Enclosed Trailer Ideals [Re: KEGGER222]
jstepter Offline
TON Member

Loc: Spring Branch (Hill Country)
My web page

Here is a picture of the inside of my trailer.

a couple of things that are hard to see is the bed (cots with mattresses) are against the wall. I also hcarry two 4 foot tables, and 4 or 5 lawn chairs.

Something I noticed missing in the picture is the shelf I added up high for the helmets and sleeping bags. I will have to update the pictures.

FYI, this one is for sale if any one is interested I can send more pictures. I just purchased a large RV toyhauler.

#210522 - 03/28/06 02:34 PM Re: Enclosed Trailer Ideals [Re: jstepter]
KEGGER222 Offline
Gang Member

Real nice set up, thanks for the ideals.
KEG

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page