TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bovolo, jettech17, Lane Bros Racing, Grizzlye, RLE
23167 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 204 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23167 Members
58 Forums
43123 Topics
296760 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Topic Options
#242628 - 08/02/06 02:08 PM Polaris 50 Starting Problem
sschmok Offline

Hi all - My son has a predator 50 that has an intermittent starting problem. About six months ago, the ATV wouldn't turn over (no cranking at all) when I tried to start it via electric start. I tried kick start and no luck. I suspected that it was an electrical problem (maybe in the electronic module). After a few days, I tried again and it started right up. Ever since then, it has been working fine.

The same thing happened yesterday, and it still won't start as of today. I tried a few things, which gave me really strange results. If I depress the horn and the electric start button together while NOT holding in the back break, the atv turns over but does not start. When I try to start it regularly (brake depressed and depressing the starter button), nothing happens.

Has anyone ever experienced this and/or have an idea as to what's going on?

Thanks,
Scott

#242629 - 08/10/06 01:38 PM Re: Polaris 50 Starting Problem [Re: sschmok]
ktmlance Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Watauga, TX
electrical short. Carefully check all electrical connections. I bet you find some wire or connectors rubbed through or with corrosion etc...

#242630 - 09/20/06 09:50 PM Re: Polaris 50 Starting Problem [Re: sschmok]
samsss Offline
New Boot

It could be the starter solenoid that's causing that. Also inspect the relay and starter fuse.

#242631 - 11/30/06 06:34 PM Re: Polaris 50 Starting Problem [Re: samsss]
jamman Offline
New Boot

Seems like everyones safety features really mess up alot. Most of which are on the handlebars, most of which are exposed to moisture like riding through water or say washing your bike and not blowing off all the controls after with compressed air. I'm guessing you got corrosion all over the safety gadgets. Contact spray may work but you'll probaby need to clean or even replace! How old is your grandson, maybe he's ready to by-pass some of those pesky safety features! My guess would be that humidity plays a part with which days it starts and which it doesn't.

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page