Next Ride Day?

Posted by: Lumberjack

Next Ride Day? - 07/21/16 08:06 PM

We will be looking at Goertz Ranch and McMahan Ranch for our next ride days. We need to see what the damage is after all the rain and now BURN BAN'S (Typical Texas) and how much time it will take to set up a great trail? The easiest set up will win the next ride day.

We will be doing fast and flowing trail as it is summer if you have not noticed.

We plan to go back to Rusty's (Walnut Creek) in a month or so as well.

We also have some new dirt! What? New dirt! Yes, new dirt and new trail to cut. I will update as time goes by. And do not even bother asking about details. You will know when we are ready to tell you! wink

Better polish those riding boots!

I will post updates as we know more!

AMSA all the way!

Thanks,
-Larry
Posted by: Lewallen

Re: Next Ride Day? - 07/21/16 09:36 PM

cool!!!
bobby l
Posted by: Darrius

Re: Next Ride Day? - 07/21/16 10:46 PM

Our club is the happening thing man!
Posted by: GIL

Re: Next Ride Day? - 07/21/16 11:38 PM

That is great news Larry, we appreciate it! New dirt is the best.
Posted by: Vinny

Re: Next Ride Day? - 07/24/16 10:34 AM

Great news. Thank you
Posted by: Mark M

Re: Next Ride Day? - 08/09/16 05:07 PM

My yard is getting brown any chance you could plan a ride for this weekend? Saves money on watering.
Posted by: GIL

Re: Next Ride Day? - 08/10/16 07:36 AM

Haha, no kidding. We REALLY need some rain. My grass is not turning brown yet, but it is losing the green.

Re: Next Ride Day? - 08/12/16 11:16 AM

Mark, we will have a ride day this Sunday at an undisclosed location.
Posted by: motopail

Re: Next Ride Day? - 08/12/16 02:11 PM

I'll be there for sure.

Re: Next Ride Day? - 08/19/16 07:22 PM

Mark, here is another ride day this Sunday at yet another undisclosed location.
Posted by: RussMaxKinder

Re: Next Ride Day? - 08/19/16 08:26 PM

What's with the "undisclosed location"? Has this become a private and exclusive club, by invitation only?
Posted by: cdavis

Re: Next Ride Day? - 08/20/16 12:37 AM

Apparently there have been ride days all week and this weekend at undisclosed locations. My yard thanks you for all the rain Larry!

Re: Next Ride Day? - 08/20/16 09:36 AM

Quote:
What's with the "undisclosed location"? Has this become a private and exclusive club, by invitation only?

Dear Russell:

Us engineer's can over analyze things sometimes. I know I am guilty!

I am gonna let you in on "THE SECRET". However, it is VERY important that we keep this to ourselves and not let it go public or go viral on the internet.

There is an ongoing joke around that I am the rain maker. In the past couple of years it might appear that many times when I announce a ride day that I cause it to rain on that day or even several days leading up to that ride day!?!? That is the reason Mark asked if we could have a ride day because his yard was getting pretty brown and it would save him on watering his yard. And "IF" I am the rain maker ... it worked cause Bastrop County, where the majority of the properties we ride at, received over 11 inches of rain. Science or coincidence, you be the judge!

As part of our planning to do trail work and ride day set up we look at the weather as a tool to help us plan. If the forecast predicts a half inch of rain or less, who cares, I get wetter taking a shower than that and we soldier on. However, if the forecast says 6 plus inches of rain, then that is a deal killer for doing trail work. We have gotten our trucks stuck enough times.

With that said, I looked at the weather forecast for this weekend. The national weather service said that we have an unusual series of events that will happen this weekend. Rain bans spinning off from a hurricane in the Pacific will move into southern Texas colliding with a rare cold front from the north. They estimate 6 to 8 inches of rain here in AMSA's riding area!

So, for humor (gets me in trouble most times) I announced for Mark that we would have another ride day this Sunday at an "undisclosed location". This goes along with the joke that I am the rain maker because the chances are high that I will cause it to rain, maybe significantly, once again.

Hope that makes sense?

Sorry for the short explanation but I need to mow the grass before it starts raining at my "undisclosed location".

Again, please keep "THE SECRET" between us because I do not want this to go public or go viral on the internet! smile

Thanks,
-Larry

Re: Next Ride Day? - 09/01/16 04:51 PM

Larry, thanks. I get it now. Looking forward to riding in the rain on Monday!

Re: Next Ride Day? - 09/01/16 05:57 PM

Kool Russell:

Let me know who you are signing in!

Rain or shine this will be epic. The track is set up for no matter what happens it will be good. We are very fortunate to have a couple of LARGE properties that can be rerouted to take on an average amount of rain fall and we can still have the event.

Thanks,
-Larry

Re: Next Ride Day? - 09/01/16 09:22 PM

I'll show up in a bright yellow crew cab Ram 1500, with my KTM 300 in the back. I've wanted to get more involved with AMSA since the Shane Watts class. I'm pretty excited, I tell you what.
Rain or shine.

Re: Next Ride Day? - 09/02/16 08:54 AM

Shane has moved back to Australia. However, he will be coming back state side to put on another ride school in December at McMahan Ranch. Estimated first week in December but the date is not set yet. I will be announcing the official dates soon.
Posted by: SheriffBufordT

Re: Next Ride Day? - 09/02/16 09:37 AM

https://www.facebook.com/dirtwisewithshanewatts/

He just announced the dates.