Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video

Posted by: gottaroost

Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 03/06/16 07:41 PM

Below is a link to the property that will be hosting an AMSA ride day sometime soon. The current loop is still being developed, and is currently about 8.7 miles with a variety of woods sections, open sections, rocks, dirt, creeks, plus several opportunities to get some air...not to mention lots of elevation changes throughout.

The star of this video is an 8-year old young man named Brody and he muscled his way through the loop like a champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pYn-EqcM70
Posted by: WRider

Re: Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 03/06/16 10:25 PM

Swweeeet! looks nice.
An AMSA family day will nicely burn-in the trails, no?
Thanks for filming- and posting it.

Re: Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 03/07/16 11:04 AM

There are some very hard climbs we did not go on with Brody, but figure on seeing those options on ride day. There are lots of spots that could be designed for the folks that like the near-impossible ascents/descents. Some of those areas look like they could be more of a trials thing than trail thing.
Posted by: Greg

Re: Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 03/08/16 01:15 PM

Looks like a nice loop, a little of everything!

Greg
Posted by: Irishcoffee

Re: Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 04/07/16 03:00 PM

update?

Re: Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 04/07/16 05:04 PM

More sections have been added since the post a month ago. Now it needs is the King's blessing.

Re: Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 04/26/16 12:29 PM

The full loop is up to about 9.5 miles now, and the ranch is virtually weather-proof. Meaning that all the rain that washed away Cedar Creek and Houston, pretty much had no effect here.
Posted by: Airbob

Re: Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 04/26/16 06:04 PM

Come on King whoever you are!!!! Someplace rain proof, that's awesome. Looking forward to riding it. Hopefully it will quite raining before the temps get up there.

Steve
Posted by: Tripod

Re: Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 04/27/16 01:21 PM

I heard that Prez Larry might have gotten hurt loading his dirt bike on Sunday. Anyone have word on that? Thoughts and prayers may be in order.
Posted by: Lumberjack

Re: Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 05/02/16 04:07 PM

Thanks A BUNCH Stuart!!! wink

So I made a mistake loading my dirt bike, a very painful one at that. It it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger. I am working on the stronger part!?!?!?

The building of the trail system at the Watson Ranch has been a long one but it is tough to take a 700 acre ranch and make a new trail system. This ranch is roughly the size of all of the other AMSA ride day ranches combined. It takes time but it will be worth it.

According to Keith Jackson (be careful what you wish for being the head trail guy! Ha!Ha!) and Greg Messer (Master Trail Cutter) the trail system is close to being finished. We need to make some easy lines, leave the hard lines in, and arrow and maybe some more ribbon.

I think we can say now that the ride day will be soon!

Thanks, -Larry
Posted by: Lumberjack

Re: Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 05/11/16 11:30 AM

Here is an update on Watson Ranch, Leander, TX.

We have restrictions on when we can be on the ranch with dirt bikes.

The next open dates are Sunday May 29th and Sunday June 5th.

I would have the ride day May 15th but that date is not available to us.

I would have the ride day May 22nd but that conflicts with the next TORCS race and I always try not to conflict with TORCS.
Posted by: SpermyAdministrator

Re: Leander Ride Day Property-Here's An Update Video - 05/13/16 10:24 AM

Thanks larry