Posted by: Airwolf__32

GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 02/10/13 10:55 AM

Race Flyer posted here .
Posted by: CaD11

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 02/12/13 04:18 PM

...Is that publisher? Dam it Brian! wink
Posted by: Pullenmefinger

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 02/13/13 01:04 PM

ROTFLMAO... Isn't that publisher V.2006 great!

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 02/16/13 09:11 AM

I got your Publisher RIGHT HERE!
Posted by: Kawabuggy

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 03/26/13 08:09 PM

Is there a better place to ask questions about Gator Bait? I'd like to know what type of event this is as I would like to attend. Yes, I saw the flyer, but it does not really tell me much information about what type of race, or event, this really is. How many miles? What type of course?

Anybody been to one of these before can share some details with me?
Posted by: Ice Man

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 03/26/13 08:53 PM

Kawabuggy,

they kid with each other but are serious about this event. GatorBait a restart enduro. I don't know the number of test sections but the course will be over 30 miles. The course is at the TRH property Skull Creek which has a mix of soil but lots of sand and single track. This year will only be a one day event. If you are a TRH member and chasing TCSEC points then you will need special permission to race the event as TRH is hosting. Airwolf is chairing the event and is also the park director. we will have primitive camping available.

any other questions?
Posted by: Nacho Nate

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 03/27/13 12:00 PM

Is this a 1 lap event (30 miles) or multiple laps?
Fuel stops or 1 tank of gas normally good?
Due to the restart format, can you be in the hunt with no enduro computer?

Thanks guys!
Nate
Posted by: Kawabuggy

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 03/27/13 06:45 PM

I am currently a TRH & Skull Creek member, but not interested in points... I want to go just for the challenge of doing it and the joy of riding a long course.

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 03/28/13 05:17 PM

You can pre-enter online at www.TSCEC.ORG. A "race" is defined by the individual racer. For instance, I race TORCS, but some may not call what I do racing. I simply go out and ride as fast as I can while enjoying riding unfamiliar terrain. Don't worry about points. Just come on out and ride. Hopefully that answers your question.

Nate: Didn't you ride last year's Gator Bait??? If not, shame on you.

There will be a morning loop and afternoon loop, both around 30 or so miles. Can't tell you if there will be a fuel stop yet. Nate you a ride a KTM right? You'll be plenty fine without one.

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 03/28/13 05:18 PM

Oh, and you don't need a computer. Some people use one anyway, but in a restart control format, it's balls out the whole way. Paying attention to a computer will only slow you down.
Posted by: Irishcoffee

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 03/29/13 09:16 PM

Actually in an enduro there are test sections which are measured by time and there are transfer sections to get to the next test section. The transfer sections are at a more relaxed pace.
Posted by: woodsguy

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 04/06/13 06:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Irishcoffee
Actually in an enduro there are test sections which are measured by time and there are transfer sections to get to the next test section. The transfer sections are at a more relaxed pace.

Irish, that is true only if you stay on time! At Cycleland this year it didn't take long to need the resets just to get back on time, then pretty soon that wasn't enough! lol Just gas it all day.
Posted by: Irishcoffee

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 04/06/13 02:11 PM

Full agreement but Cycleland is really not an enduro. It is just an activity where suckers pay money to beat themselves into a pulp. Honest! There are special doctors and padded rooms for people like that! I am sure you understand.
Posted by: lynnbailey24

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 04/08/13 11:03 AM

GATOR BAIT ENDURO IS NOT A AMA NATIONAL ENDURO. The event is only AMA sanctioned for insurance purposes.
The 2013 Gator Bait Enduro is an event on the Texas State Championship Enduro Circuit and not a TRH Family Off Road Series event.
You need to be a AMA member to compete in this event. Proof of membership is required at sign up or you will need to sign up for another additional year. BRING YOUR CURRENT AMA CARD OR PROOF OF MEMBERSHIP TO THE EVENT. You can sign up for AMA ($49 per yr) at GB. Credit Cards are accepted for the AMA membership sign up only. AMA membership sign up is seperate from the registration process of the TRH event.
If you are a TRH member, you are expected to help work this event. If you want to ride Gator Bait, please coordinate with Brian Perret to see what you can do before the event to satisfy your work requirement.

OK, here's our best explanation of the 2013 Gator Bait Enduro.
Timing, odometers, rollcharts and traditional enduro equipment is not needed for this event. A timing schedule is created to set checkpoints by the club, but is transparent to the rider. All the rider does is ride to the start control checkpoints and then "race" the test section until the next checkout checkpoint. The checkpoint workers will start you when it becomes your time to go. It's simple and fun!
8am Start for first row of riders. Riders are assigned to a row per minute, not based on skill, but registration.
Once you are started, you will trail ride a one mile "transfer" section out to the first staged Start Control (SC) checkpoint. You will be re-staged and started again according to your row by the checkpoint crew.
The first "test sction" will be approx 8 miles long. You "race" this to the best of your ability. Always use the golden enduro rider rule, "DO NOT RIDE FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY" It's a concept that works for the smarter human being and keeps the ambulance crews bored out of their minds. Keep it that way.
At the end of the 8+/- miles, you will encounter a Checkout Checkpoint or officially called Known Control Tie Breaker where you will be scored in minutes and seconds on your scorecard taped to your front fender.
Once you are scored, you will proceed at a non-race trailride pace for two miles down a pipeline right of way road to the next Start Control checkpoint and have a freetime built into the schedule to regroup, re-think your leisure activities, restage the rows of riders, get a drink of water and prepare for the next "test section".
The next "test section" is approx 12 miles long. So once you are re-started at the Start Control checkpoint, you will "race" the course until you encounter another checkout Known Control Tie Breaker checkpoint. You will be once again scored in minutes and seconds on your scorecard.
You will have another freetime to rest and this will be an emergency gas stop for bikes that cannot go 32 miles on a tank. Once refeuled or rested, you will ride forward a few hundred yards to another Start Control checkpoint. This "test" section will be between 7-8 miles long. "Race" the terrain until the next Known Control Tie Breaker checkpoint.
From this checkpoint you will transfer for one mile back to camp with a non-race speed. At camp will be the official Gas Stop where you must refuel inside the official Gas Stop area and NOT at your truck. Once refueled, you can proceed back to your truck for food or whatever.
After a nice break, you will go back to the original event start to begin the second loop and trail ride the one mile transfer back out to the next start control and do it all over again.
Short Course will end at the previously mentioned Emergency Gast stop, but during the second loop of the event. 50+/-
Long Course will go the full two loops.
Lynn Bailey
Posted by: Lumberjack

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 04/10/13 10:25 AM

What is the work plan for us members who live too far away to come to the meetings.

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 04/10/13 01:07 PM

The work plan is as follows:

For the days leading up to the 28th, trail cleaning is of utmost importance. There will be folks coming out this weekend, and the following weekend (4/20/13-4/21/13) is an official work weekend. During that time, I ask that all members coming out to put in a work day please find some trail and ensure it is clear. 90% of the trail at SC will be used for the Gator Bait race happening on the 28th. Course arrowing will be done by key personnel the weekend before and the few days leading up to race day. The most important part is getting the trail shaped up. There will be signs put up this weekend directing workers on where the course will be, so that will help direct everybody to the right places.

ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT, I ask that workers show up no later than 7AM. It would be even better if race workers that are unfamiliar with the land show up on Saturday as well, so we can have ample time to show them where and what to do. There may also be a class given on how to captain a checkpoint Saturday afternoon. More info to come on that. SUNDAY MORNING, KEY TIME IS AT 8AM, so riders will be let go at 8:01. Once the race has begun, it will be almost impossible to get workers where they need to be when they need to be there, so showing up late will most likely result in a no-credit workday. So please be on time. The earlier, the better.

WHAT TO BRING: If you're going to be working a checkpoint or road crossing, make sure to bring everything you need as you will be in one place most of the day. Bring a cooler of bee....soda, WATER, lunch, chairs, EZ-UPS, sunscreen, snacks, cell phone, camera, etc. We'll provide any/all equipment needed for the race. Most of the checks will be accessible by pickup truck, but bring quads and bikes if you have them.
Posted by: GoldDrum

Re: GATOR BAIT 2013 !!! - 04/10/13 02:38 PM

Is there somewhere that I can get to with a truck that would be a good place to take pictures? If so, mark me down for that. Otherwise mark me for something else I can use a truck for as I will not be bringing my bike.