TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF

Posted by: Bagwell

TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/06/06 10:46 PM

The 4th round of the TRH Family Enduro series is coming up on Sept 24th. I am in need of checkpoint workers and roadcrossing workers as well as sign up and sweep rider help. I can use help in all areas. Please contact me at the email address below. The flyer should be out sometime soon so keep an eye out at http://www.trh-cycle.org

Thanks,
Vaughn Ivey
vivey3 at gmail dot com

Posted by: DeeKay

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/07/06 10:13 AM

Dang...too many conflicts that weekend for another appearance of SPEEDO MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Deekay
Posted by: Fastrac

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/07/06 10:50 AM

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/13/06 10:38 PM

I have had some folks volunteer to help with the event, I do need more though. I am in need of checkpoint captians/help, sweep riders, sound check help, sign up help, etc.

Thanks,
Vaughn
Posted by: Fastrac

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/14/06 07:30 AM

I assume you know I'll be there for sign up/scoring.

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/14/06 08:48 PM

I do now. I thank you very much for your help. Do you need a couple of people to help?

Vaughn
Posted by: Mroseb

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/14/06 11:59 PM

Was there any question!

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/18/06 10:16 PM

It looks like it may be a nice sunday to ride. Supposed to get some rain towards the end of the week.
Lets ride!

Vaughn
Posted by: steve333

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/19/06 06:35 PM

will you please wipe down all the wet tree roots please!
Posted by: FlyinBrianBland

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/20/06 10:45 PM

I know that as of now, (wednesday at 9:30), the trails are closed. Does that mean the race is off? I was there a few days ago and the trails definitley could use some moisture. Sam Houston is an awesome place to race when the sand is packed. I'm sure hoping the race happens. The next closest enduro is Lubbock! BB

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/21/06 05:55 PM

Well, I think they just closed them as precaution since they got some rain up there. Depending on how much more rain they get up there, the race should go down. I would definitely check this site, call the TRH hotline 713 910 3131 or try calling me at 713 817 1455 Usually the TRH hotline is up to date. I would check it on saturday and again on sunday. As of right now, the race is still on. I know they are calling for a lil rain sat night. Just be sure and call before you haul.

Vaughn
Posted by: FlyinBrianBland

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/21/06 08:54 PM

I just called and they are open now. It is always a good idea to call 888-361-6908 and check before you leave anyway. BB

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/21/06 09:22 PM

yes, although I know sometimes they dont have a chance to update the forrest service message.
Vaughn
Posted by: cam

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/22/06 01:45 PM

Will we be able to obtain a SHNF day permit at the sign-up table? Or do I need to pick one up before I go out to the trailhead?

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/22/06 02:30 PM

At the trailhead when you come in the gate, there will be a little stand with an overhang with maps and day passes in there. There is a large Pole stuck in the ground with a slot in it for depositing your daypass envelope. You need to carry your id and the pass on you at all times. I believe its still 5 bucks for a day pass.

See ya out there and call before you haul. Numbers are above.

Vaughn
Posted by: TxSandman

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/22/06 09:13 PM

I was out there today (fri22) and cleaned all the spiderwebs for you guys... There is a section across the highway on the east side where there are a few ground level log crossings,and there is a new tree that has fallen with no easy way around. It's about 3 feet off the ground (see pic) and will clog things if not delt with.
Good luck guys,wish I could make it!
Posted by: pmkkdx

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/22/06 10:59 PM

but... there's a really cool line on the righthand side at speed ... but could see it to be an obstacle for a "family enduro" for sure
Posted by: Mark

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/23/06 09:08 AM

There is a chance of rain in New Waverly Saturday night and tomorrow a.m. We have all probably been up there before when it rains hard on one side of the lake and nothing on the other so noway to tell how or even if it will effect the race. For the last event we had the okay from the Forest Service to ride rain or shine and we are checking today to see how much latitude they may give us if it rains tonight. As of right now, the race is still on.

Folks are in the woods today finalizing the event and will speak with the forest service so we should have an updated posted tonight. Please call the TRH hotline 713 910 3131, Vaughn at 713 817 1455, or myself at 281 217 9657 to find out the latest.

Mark Littlefield

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/23/06 09:44 AM

Where exactly is that tree across the trail? We need a way around it if there isnt one already.

Thanks,
Vaughn
Posted by: redflash

Re: TRH Family Enduro round 4 Sept 24 East side SHNF - 09/24/06 11:01 AM

Race was postponed due to rain.