LTR Cross Country

Posted by: Redneck

LTR Cross Country - 10/11/13 12:15 AM

Thanks to LTR for a great 1st XC in the new TSCEC XCD! The Team Race on Saturday was well attended and big fun.The club did a great job with the layout of the 18 mile course for the race on Sunday.It consisted of three 6 mile loops that connected near camp.This allowed spectators to watch their rider each time they looped back by camp.Each loop had a different pace,the first 6miles was awesome rolling fast paced trails in and out of the canyons and river beds.Loop 2 started out similar to loop1 and ended up with a few miles of tighter flat trails through the mesquites back by camp!Grab the throttle and go on loop 3.
It started off with a choice of a short cut(Cowboy)trail or the long way around(Cowgirl)the infamous Boob hill! This is where you could test your nerve. 6 miles of good old haul ass trail through the long river bed and south pasture to the scoring trailer back at camp! The trails were very safe and never dull!Depending on the class you rode 18 to 54 miles!
Scoring was fast and accurate and results posted on the forum before noon!
To sum it up, great event! This is one of the best races I have been to in a while.

Thanks Mike
Posted by: sparkey

Re: LTR Cross Country - 10/11/13 08:31 AM

I agree if you did not attend this event you missed a good one! There was a lot of work went into marking and laying out trails. I appreciate all that helped put this on and will hope to see ya at the next event.

Keith Williams