Making a schedule change

Posted by: Torn_Racing

Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 01:50 PM

We do realize having 3 races in May is tight. Our thoughts are to move the Cash race which is May 29-30, to June 19-20. That will give a little break between Grandview and Cash. Please let us know your thoughts and issues with this. Thanks!
Posted by: TreeBasher

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 01:58 PM

I'm ok with either way. I have no life away from work and racing.
Posted by: newbie

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 01:58 PM

I would prefer you move the Grandview race, but that's just a personal scheduling conflict that has come up this week. Otherwise, moving the Cash race would be fine.
Posted by: squidward

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 02:36 PM

Works for me.
Posted by: Dirt Girl 801

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 02:41 PM

Sounds good to me!
Posted by: Lee_racers

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 02:42 PM

Moving the Cash race would work out perfect. We have a graduation to go to May 28th. This would solve our late night travel problem on that Friday. I hate setting up camp in the middle of the night. We live 2hrs. away from Cash, so it would either be a late night or a very early morning.
Posted by: jimmy57red

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 02:46 PM

I say keep it the way it is, my bike will be in colorado so I can race the national at the end of June. My wife is going up there for the whole month and taking my bike so we don't have to take 2 vehicles and I am flying up there and driving back with her and the kids.
Posted by: liss

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 03:14 PM

Whatever suits you just tickles me plumb to death...(anyone see the old movie rounders lol)
Posted by: Antnic

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 03:26 PM

We wanna race!!! 3 races in May is good for us!
Posted by: ProudSis

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 03:37 PM

Moving the Memorial Day race to June is an excellent idea!!! Happy you thought of it!!! Will be happier when you make it official!!!
Posted by: NOSHOWJONES

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 03:49 PM

Sounds good to me.
Posted by: ctraptorken

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 04:21 PM

I like the idea. I have two boys graduating that weekend.
Posted by: millerktm250xc-w

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 05:15 PM

I love that idea!! i also have a son's graduation may 28th and i work all three race weekends in may. so now i can for sure at least hit the one in june!
Posted by: Mikeydawg

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 05:21 PM

Leave it the way it is, We have Vacation plans in June.
Posted by: Membrain

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 05:24 PM

I have a son getting married May 29 so I vote to move to June. Pray for a cold front!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Texas Sno

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 05:37 PM

Flip a coin...We're good to go either way.
Posted by: gpdakota

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 05:44 PM

Yes from me. We are moving end of may, would have had to miss a few races for sure so June works out good. Plus, no rain in June.
Hoyt
Posted by: GETTINFASTER

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 06:53 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE CASH RACE RESCHEDULED LIKE YOU SAID, 3 RACES IN A MONTH IS GOING TO BE HARD ON ME AND, I SUSPECT, SOME OTHER PEOPLE AS WELL. I SAY GOOD PLAN CURTIS!

GETTINFASTER #71LB
Posted by: fogracing

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 08:15 PM

i could see where 3 races in a month could affect some folks. me, i am good to go either way you decide.
Posted by: mkoch940

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 08:44 PM

I think everyone has an opinion and you can not please everyone and make it work for everyone. Blah, Blah, Blah... I have friends wedding first weekend in May, but I have priorities and will be going to wedding and then getting up at 4:30a.m. to get to race sunday. I say you have already made the change, lets leave it and hope everyone makes it.
Posted by: BlueRaider68

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 09:15 PM

I have a fiance' getting married June 12 so I would be out last weekend in May unless "everything gets done". Wonder what the chances are of getting everything done? June 19-20 gets my vote
Posted by: jcompton

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 09:36 PM

moving one race to June sounds good to me.
Posted by: bone_scar

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 09:45 PM

Great idea. I am all for it!
Posted by: paparon

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 10:05 PM

IT DOSNT REALLY MATTER TO ME BUT I THINK ABOUT GRADUATION AT THE END OF MAY AND THE EXPENSE INVOLVED FOR THREE RACES. WE WILL GO WITH WHATEVER YOU DECIDE.
Posted by: stuckinthemud

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 10:32 PM

I LOVE the idea of moving Cash to June! Right now we got three in one month. That will burn me out... this way they get spread out so two in may and one in june. Also wont have to go three months of no riding, just two. Also, June 19th is Fathers day, and I know my husband would rather ride on fathers day then barb-b-Q with his mother in law!

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 10:41 PM

Yep, I knew it! Everyone can't be happy, just spoke to the wife and June 19-20 we will be out of town for our wedding anniversary! There goes my extra 6 points.
Posted by: lorena

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 11:00 PM

ME TO
Originally Posted By: Dirt Girl 801
Sounds good to me!

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: mkoch940
Yep, I knew it! Everyone can't be happy, just spoke to the wife and June 19-20 we will be out of town for our wedding anniversary! There goes my extra 6 points.

I got second at Bridgeport for my aniversary! woo hoo how could anyone top race weekend
Posted by: ktm250mike

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: mkoch940

You need to let her know that it is Fathers Day weekend so you should get to race. I'm sure she will be willing to change what ever plans she has made.

Now back to reality, sorry to hear about you loseing those 6 points.

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/19/10 11:47 PM

I get to race this make up race for my birthday, gonna ride a memorial ride for a friend that died a few months ago on the 1st then come down for the race.
Posted by: gr362w

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 12:19 AM

Leave it the way it is, I am already going miss the make up race due to a prior commitment. Moving a race from a date that I had already planned for to June will cause me to miss (2) races.

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 07:45 AM

Yeah, If I tell her that I might be missing more than one race, Lol!
Posted by: crowdog481B

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 09:06 AM

Make the change 3 races in one month is very tight for alot of folks. We are going to have to miss the Meridian makeup race because my oldest son is leaving for the navy that weekend.
Posted by: GregsCRF450X

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 09:20 AM

Cash to June is awesome! Do it! Do it!
Posted by: kawimom

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 10:08 AM

Moving it to June sure would help us out alot!!
Posted by: Aimster

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 10:52 AM

moving a race to June sounds good to me
Posted by: bluerocket

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 12:49 PM

Moving a race sounds good to me. I'll already miss the makeup race because of Warrior Dash being held on that same Saturday. I'll take the heat in June any day vs. the mud in April/May!
Posted by: gr362w

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 12:56 PM

Asking wether or not it would be good to move a race that was previously scheduled to another date is kind of like a cat chasing its tail. You will get plenty of different reasons why it is good and plenty of reasons why it is bad. While those who frequent this forum may vote in the affirmative to move the date it will not be a total representation of all those who go to the races and have made plans based on a schedule that was published months ago. How about just leaving it the way it is or move the make up race date (meridian) to June? Just my opinion.
Posted by: dbphotos

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 01:51 PM

Moving any race except the make-up race (Meridian) will just cause a domino effect for those who have already scheduled around this season's schedule. Either leave Meridian on the current makeup date or move it, but I would leave all the others alone. I know 3 races in 1 month may be tough for some, but starting to move races once the season has started could be a bigger issue. My son won't be able to race on the Meridian makeup date, but I don't expect it to be moved to accomodate us. It happens. Now if we have the Meridian makeup date and start moving other dates, it becomes a bigger issue.

My thought is to change dates only when absolutely necessary, i.e. the rain in Meridian.

My .02 cents.
Posted by: kiwiintexas

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 01:58 PM

Also take into account that when moving the Meridian date Curtis and crew will already be set up out there for the ATV the week before
Posted by: MelanieDeen

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 02:01 PM

Please please leave it as is. The racing schedules have been out for a couple of months and we've tried to make summer plans around them. We have a huge family obligation that weekend in June. We are trying to figure out when to send Ariel to camp and go on family vacation. We really do want our 6 points -that's why Ariel and I have piggy backed TCCRA and TORN two weekends. Besides as wet as it has been who knows you may need that weekend anyway to rescedule one of the upcoming races. I'm not thrilled about racing on Memorial Weekend because I'd rather be at the lake, but after 4 years of racing I'm used to missing memorial weekend at the lake.
Please leave the schedule as is. :-)

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 03:08 PM

My 2 cents....
Keep the scheduled dates the same. Make the Meridian race May 15/16, Grandview May 29/30 and put Cash in the June slot. It would do away with the conflicts of people already having planned the scheduled dates and do away with having 3 races in May.
There are too many folks, not me cause I don't have anything planned ever, that have to ask off work months in advance and have the dates off that the races were scheduled. Moving it the way I suggested will do away with that. Having a make up date at the end of June (cash race) should make the majority of people happy and not mess up anyones "planned off weekends"

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 03:41 PM

No! Please no! All those weekends you are talking about, Liss are TCCRA races. Ariel & I can do both but it's so hard. Please don't change a thing.

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 03:44 PM

No they are original torn dates.....besides it won't work. Grandview can't be moved because that is the only open date on that property

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 03:48 PM

Barbie is getting confused & very stressed out! Don't change anything-PALEEZE!!PAAALEEEZE!!!

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 03:51 PM

LOL poor Barbie! I am glad it's Curtis and not me.....geeeze the rain has been a pain in the butt this season.....kinda like a few years ago in tccra when they had to cancel/change dates and pissed everyone off. Good luck Curtis! We will be there no matter what the change is.
Posted by: coppertom

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/20/10 11:16 PM

next year just post a couple of make-up dates,and people can just plan vacation with those dates in mind.
Posted by: YAM 651

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/21/10 05:49 AM

Like was said before you cant make everybody happy! i personaly have already planed to go back to meridian the frist weekend in may, LETS RACE!!!

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/21/10 06:01 AM

i think leave it as is, cuz so many people have made plans around orig,schedule. i persanaly didnt wana race in the rain again, i already had to replace fork seals, and chain & sprockets from the last tow muddy races! haha, LETS RACE!!!
Posted by: 2992

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/21/10 06:05 AM

Please leave the schedule as it was planned months ago unless rain or Torn staff require a change. Thanks
Posted by: Antnic

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/21/10 08:43 AM

We changed our minds....please change Cash race to June!!!
Posted by: flipper

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/21/10 12:54 PM

Leave it as is.
Posted by: theone

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/21/10 03:23 PM

leave it as is - schedule has been out for a while now, people plan around it - plus, june will be too hot - we can't control the weather... and you can't make everyone happy - but i'm sure everyone will still make it out, 3 races in may or not...
Posted by: JoeyDawg

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/21/10 06:07 PM

I say just call it cancelled... not to make it up.....
Posted by: ridered

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/21/10 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: JoeyDawg

Not to sound like I'm starting shit, but with all the whining I have to agree with joeydawg. Curtis must have a headache by now..lol
Posted by: Rocket Pistol

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/22/10 06:06 PM

Move Cash... No race on Memorial Day weekend. Two's enough in May.
Posted by: Foozer

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/22/10 06:25 PM

My vote is no change... but please make a call.
Posted by: Honda522

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/22/10 06:40 PM

my vote would be no change.
Posted by: bubbaspapa

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/22/10 08:04 PM

let race on the 1&2. leave the rest of the schedule as it is. it is way too hot in june to raes. do not forget freestone last year. chuck walker
Posted by: Dirtburner

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/24/10 12:55 AM

Meridian is getting dumped on right now, so lets see if the 4wheeler race even happens first. Its solid red on the radar and more to come.

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/24/10 01:07 PM

just looked on the atv site and they racing, they had a 2hour delay though

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/24/10 04:25 PM

Hopefully it will dry out nicely for next weekend. I am ready!

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/24/10 06:41 PM

me too
Posted by: 650hellcat

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/25/10 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By: JoeyDawg

+1
Posted by: White_Buff

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/25/10 09:48 AM

Three in May is fine with me.

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/25/10 11:04 AM

Look at the weather for next wkend already calling for rain fri, sat, and sun.

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/25/10 11:43 AM

party pooper

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/25/10 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: liss
party pooper

I KNOW I WANT TO RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Benstr

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/26/10 09:06 PM

I was so gonna race "The Pit".....until it rained Sat. a.m.......I'm really sick of the rain. Somebody make it stop, please.....I may need some counseling before this season is over.

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/26/10 09:45 PM

may need?
Posted by: Radracer

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/28/10 01:51 AM

Why not just add it at the end of the season? June is fine with me too since you have no other races then. Well since it is supposed to rain all weekend AGAIN and the Meridian track is at the bottom of a canyon I am afraid you may have to reschedule Meridan again! This should probably have been brought up in a new topic huh?

Re: Making a schedule change - 04/28/10 06:57 PM

well i understand it will be a tough call to make weather to try to race this weekend or not! I wana race! But if the race is cancelled i hope its DONE FRIDAY! not saturday
Posted by: Watchthis!

Re: Making a schedule change - 05/01/10 08:50 AM

Yes move it to June but any weekend except the 19th! I am out of town. Thanks for your consideration and all you do!
Posted by: motox88

Re: Making a schedule change - 05/01/10 12:46 PM

Good for me. I will be out of town for memorial day weekend anyway.