Suspension Mods.

Posted by: CR3999

Suspension Mods. - 10/21/14 01:37 PM

I'm going to have my suspension revalved, I was thinking about Factory Connection. What do you guys think. I have used Race Tech and MX Tech before and didn't really care for it. Who do you guys use?
Posted by: Reed68

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/21/14 01:52 PM

Factory Connection, I love it. Had it done on my 09 YZ 250 and now my 09 YZ 250F.

And they are fast and courteous and professional. You won't be sorry.
Posted by: yzracer

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/21/14 02:50 PM

Factory Connection!!
Posted by: TORNADO_3

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/21/14 07:45 PM

I will give my 2 cents, if you are in the Austin area, Doc @ 812 suspension design 512.695.9645 is doing great work with Race Tech and is very knowledgeable. Its always best to keep your suspension guy local. No matter where you get your suspension done, there is no "magic" setting done on the first re-valve. I am constantly making adjustments here and there to set the bike where I am comfortable.
Posted by: quaggy

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/21/14 08:30 PM

I 2nd the suggestion on Doc at 812 Suspension. He did my suspension and then re-did it a few more times to get the right preload adjustment and the right spring rate for my speed. We took it to the track and dialed in the clickers so it was balanced through braking bumps as well as acceleration bumps. My speed has definitely increased since I got the suspension re-done in August b/c it actually does what it is supposed to do. He frequently texts me to see how it is doing and how the testing on the Moto track is going. He is a stand up guy and I don't think he will let you down. http://www.812suspensiondesign.com/812-suspension-design--llc.html

Jessica Hirn
Posted by: tsell

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/21/14 08:37 PM

I'd recommend JM Racing, especially if you live in Houston. Always get mine revalved there and my suspension works really well.
Posted by: steve333

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/21/14 09:20 PM

Just remove the shock completely, it will give stability in both the straights and corners. Factory connection is who I use.
Posted by: KTM 737

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/21/14 09:38 PM

+1 for JM
Posted by: .337

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/21/14 10:47 PM

Had mine done at Pro-Action of Texas here in Austin. Unbelievable work! It smooth as silk. You should give Brian Johnson at TJ's Cycle a shout.
Posted by: cdogr

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/22/14 08:34 AM

Kreft Moto is now in Austin. Adam is great to work with and I love my suspension. Check out his website. He can do it with very quick turn around.
Posted by: Irishcoffee

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/22/14 11:35 AM

Isin't Kreft KTM only?
Posted by: SpermyAdministrator

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/22/14 01:53 PM

I believe he is KTM only.
Posted by: Stuwbaby

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/22/14 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Irishcoffee
Isin't Kreft KTM only?

George should know he's used every suspension builder in the US!

Stew
Posted by: yzracer

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/22/14 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Stuwbaby
Originally Posted By: Irishcoffee
Isin't Kreft KTM only?

George should know he's used every suspension builder in the US!

Stew

Twice at least!!!

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/22/14 07:22 PM

Just doing my part to help the economy. And you punks can help by working hard and paying those SS taxes!
Posted by: raceruss2003

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/25/14 09:20 PM

If you're willing to learn how to do it yourself, I put in a set of Race Tech Gold Valves last year. They come with excellent instructions and different settings so you can tailor the valving and settings to your speed/riding ability. Make sure you have the correct spring weight for your weight and give it a whirl. Not trying to take away business from local shops, but it is about $140 on eBay for a fork kit and you learn a new skill. Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can eat for a lifetime...

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/26/14 07:58 PM

I should have done that. Would have saved a ton of $$$, time and FRUSTRATION!
Posted by: petetothemax

Re: Suspension Mods. - 10/28/14 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: quaggy
I 2nd the suggestion on Doc at 812 Suspension. He did my suspension and then re-did it a few more times to get the right preload adjustment and the right spring rate for my speed. We took it to the track and dialed in the clickers so it was balanced through braking bumps as well as acceleration bumps. My speed has definitely increased since I got the suspension re-done in August b/c it actually does what it is supposed to do. He frequently texts me to see how it is doing and how the testing on the Moto track is going. He is a stand up guy and I don't think he will let you down. http://www.812suspensiondesign.com/812-suspension-design--llc.html

Jessica Hirn

I 3rd a vote for Doc and 812 Suspension unless of course you are racing 450B. In that case, you should do it yourself.

In fairness, I've heard great things about Kreft and I've also used DLR in the past and he was great.