Emma Long Wannabe

Posted by: ChrisDog

Emma Long Wannabe - 06/01/06 05:34 PM

I am a novice with a KDX200. I have been riding it for a few years, and do okay except when it comes to climbing the really tall hills with rock outcroppings. Climbing the steep (and tight) stuff gives me the woolies if I get off of my intended line. Is this the kind of place where I could test the waters, or am I totally screwed if I can't get past "all" of the obstacles.

If I can go around the scariest stuff, this would be a really close and convenient place for me to ride.

ChrisDog
Posted by: DeeKay

Re: Emma Long Wannabe - 06/01/06 05:58 PM

Depends on what your definition of "really tall" hills is. I would venture you would be better off with some of the AMSA properties to ride on. Emma Long has some technical rock ledges on the trail. There are other, sandy, easier places to ride you might want to investigeate first.

Good luck!

deekay
Posted by: Dave

Re: Emma Long Wannabe - 06/02/06 10:32 AM

Chris, Dee Kay is correct, come ride with the AMSA. Check our our website: www.amsaclub.org and our discussion forum here on the TON. We are having a two day trail ride and a nearby private ranch on June 10th and 11th that you don't want to miss. You do not have to join to ride but joining will more than pay for itself with discounts to our ride days and discounts at the local shops on parts and accessories.
Don't get me wrong, Emma Long City Park motorcycle trails are a blast but it's not a very long loop compared to what we have at our local private riding areas, but it's all good! The rule at City Park is "stay on the trail" as getting off trail at CP will ruin this place for everybody and we really need to take care of it for the future.