TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#594669 - 03/04/18 05:33 PM Promotions
Chuckl Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Aubrey, Texas
I was just wondering how promotions worked in TSCEC? I read the rule book but was unclear, are there mid-season promotions or are all promotions based off last year?
Thanks
2009 KTM 400 XC-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jThrfVY3CH4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5gSrG4oTko

#594670 - 03/04/18 05:42 PM Re: Promotions [Re: Chuckl]
dave sabella Offline
New Boot

Loc: Flower Mound
I was wondering that too, I'm new to this and I noticed that there are riders who win a class but when you compare their times to the next level up that would have actually won that class too...a C rider who wins the C class but his times are so fast that he would have won the B class for the same age group...Are you allowed to ride whatever group you want as long as you fit the age classification? I was just wondering because C class appears to be the most "beginner" you can go so if you have someone who is racing their first race they are racing against people who are not only B riders but are top of the class B riders? Not trying to start anything, I love racing the series, I'm just trying to understand the classes so I know if I am in the right class...Thanks!

#594671 - 03/05/18 01:42 AM Re: Promotions [Re: dave sabella]
Tjheller Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Midland
Per the rulebook, the top 5 Overall in A, B, or C class get bumped. So, if you win your class (250C for example) but you finish 6th Overall C, you can race 250C again the following year. If a fast guy shows up to only 1 or 2 races a year and wins, but doesn't accumulate enough points to get bumped, then he can continue to race the same class until the BOD makes a move,...per the rulebook. Not sure that's ever happened, but I guess if enough people complained the board would have to look at it. I know guys who have raced C for years and are certainly not "beginners", but if they aren't winning their class and don't want to ride long course, per the rules they can continue to ride that class.

#594672 - 03/05/18 03:05 AM Re: Promotions [Re: Tjheller]
sparkey Offline
Gang Member

Never seen a mid year promotion by board, seen a lot of self promotion mid year. I dont know when it was decided that age class short course riders would get overall points, butt used to not be that way. Used to the tope finishers in age classes were promoted up and did not get c class overall points. Wich is the way it should be because it is an age class not necessarily a c class. The only true c-classes are the branded c classes and 16 and under classes. The faster guys that do not want to ride long course should be in sportsman class or a master age class. The added age class to the c class overall has changed things. If you are riding an age class, I would consider riding a branded c class. There are some that just show up to a few races and ride a class they know they can dominate, guess it makes them feel good. My son a few years back was riding the 16 and under large wheel his first year on a big bike, some reason he clicked that year and started riding really well. A few started talking about his speed and sandbagging so we moved him to B-class mid year. Sometimes you are gonna have a hot shoe young guy that just comes out of no where and he deserves to finish the year he is in before promoting no matter how many feelings get hurt.

#594673 - 03/05/18 04:24 AM Re: Promotions [Re: sparkey]
dave sabella Offline
New Boot

Loc: Flower Mound
Makes sense. I guess in this case because it's an age class that person will need to "man up" and move himself but I'm guessing that's not going to happen since I spoke to him about it and actually showed him how much faster he was and his answer was "Awww man, I'm just having fun"...

#594674 - 03/05/18 05:18 AM Re: Promotions [Re: dave sabella]
ktmlance Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Watauga, TX
50C is a C class. If you are not a C rider and want to ride the short course then you should ride or will be promoted/moved to B Master or A Master.

C age classes ride for OA C because they are C classes. It makes them stand out when a Over 60 rider wins OA C......

Beating up on C riders and women/kids makes some chicken shits feel like men.

#594679 - 03/05/18 07:51 AM Re: Promotions [Re: ktmlance]
Rite-co Racer Offline
Old Boot

In looking at the results it does not look like there is very much disparity in the C class. There is more of a variance in the top 6 AA riders than there is in the top 6 C riders. The top C rider didn't even win a test...

#594681 - 03/05/18 08:50 AM Re: Promotions [Re: Rite-co Racer]
Cmeyerktm Offline
TON Member

Loc: Amarillo

Edited by Cmeyerktm (03/05/18 10:21 AM)

#594682 - 03/05/18 10:12 AM Re: Promotions [Re: Cmeyerktm]
Cmeyerktm Offline
TON Member

Loc: Amarillo
A

#594688 - 03/05/18 01:13 PM Re: Promotions [Re: ktmlance]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Lubbock,Tx
Originally Posted By: ktmlance
50C is a C class. If you are not a C rider and want to ride the short course then you should ride or will be promoted/moved to B Master or A Master.

C age classes ride for OA C because they are C classes. It makes them stand out when a Over 60 rider wins OA C......

Beating up on C riders and women/kids makes some chicken shits feel like men.

Don't sugarcoat it Lance. Tell us how you really feel!
He did sum it up nicely though. The intent of the Age "C" classes is that they are for new riders. If you are an experienced rider and over the age of 40 and want to ride the short course then you should be riding Sportsman or one of the Masters Classes. To the "Aw shucks I'm just riding for fun" guy, if that is truly the case, then it won't matter what class you ride.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  pentonrider 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page