TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 180 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
58 Forums
43123 Topics
296760 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Topic Options
#74010 - 11/24/03 04:16 PM Last one out, turn off the lights...
Frosty Moderator Offline

Loc: Lubbock, Texas
It's official - we've been given six months notice to vacate our lease. I just got off the phone with Larry Glass who said he hated to do it, but he had no choice. He liked us, he liked our money, but the risk of liability was too great and the insurance options weren't enough to protect him. I told him we appreciated the years we had there, and that we could understand the position he was in, even though I personally disagreed with his lawyer's analysis of the risk and liability.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm just glad to know something definite. This gives us some time to look for land, and time to put on one hell of a last enduro. Spread the word, keep your ears open for land options, but don't give up on the Club.

#74011 - 11/26/03 09:40 AM Re: Last one out, turn off the lights... [Re: Frosty]
chickenhawk Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Stumptoe, Texas
This is sad news but at least we know.

ride till ya die

#74012 - 11/26/03 10:00 AM Re: Last one out, turn off the lights... [Re: Frosty]
pmkkdx Offline
Have map. Will travel!

Loc: Central Texas, USA, Earth (mos...
In reply to:

This gives us some time to look for land, and time to put on one hell of a last enduro.

need to insert "at this lease" right after "last enduro" in the above quote.

I know LTR has put on excellent enduros at this lease and will put on excellent enduros where ever the club ends up as a new lease.

don't guess you have considered making this last one "at this lease " a two day or if thats even an option...

best wishes on finding a new location!!! everyone in the TSCEC is rooting for ya'll!!!
(I only have to amuse myself)

#74013 - 11/26/03 03:01 PM Re: Last one out, turn off the lights... [Re: pmkkdx]
Frosty Moderator Offline

Loc: Lubbock, Texas
Definitely, last enduro at this lease only. Trail Nazi/Competition Chairman Mike Collins has already said that we'd hold next year's enduro in the Walmart parking lot if we had to. Thanks for the support, Marcus.

#74014 - 12/05/03 12:06 AM Re: Last one out, turn off the lights... [Re: Frosty]
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a story on the Racer X web site from the AMA vice chair. He states that the real challenge to off roading in the coming years is this insurance issue. Guess we are seeing it right away. Damn thats to bad.

#74015 - 01/01/04 08:53 AM Re: Last one out, turn off the lights... [Re: Frosty]
motox103 Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: south of san angelo tx
Any news on the wallmart lease?

Moderator:  Frosty 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up