TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#82255 - 01/19/04 09:08 PM Arrowhead Hunting Tip
Michael Offline
TON Member

If you ride in or the country you ride in was ever "Indian Country" try walking your favorite trail esp. after it rains esp. alongside creeks, rivers, as many encampments were in these areas. ATV trails can produce some nice flynt, this technique works well in the Kiamichi Mountains or anywhere in the Choctaw Nation of Ok.

Do you know what Indians say about Whiteman lookin for arrowheads?

Well, Indians don't lookin for bullets.....

Good Luck, let me know what you find,
Michael
oklatrailboss

#82256 - 04/01/04 09:31 PM Re: Arrowhead Hunting Tip [Re: Michael]
Ifellagain Offline
Gang Member

Have to be careful. The arrowheads are classified antquities here in Texas. Had a friend find that out the hard way. Cost him $500.00. Game warden picked him up here in Austin when they were putting the extention of Duval road. He was walking down the construction area on a Sunday pm. He had 3 arrow heads on him when the game warden stopped him. It seems there are Indian burial grounds somewhere in that area.

#82257 - 04/06/04 04:08 PM Re: Arrowhead Hunting Tip [Re: Ifellagain]
Dave Offline
AMSA Gang Boss

Loc: Spicewood
Yes, in some areas of Texas they are very serious about enforcing the laws concerning Indian artifacts. One of my crazy red neck neighbors (who shall remain nameless..LOL!) has been busted several times for collecting arrowheads and artifacts. A few years ago he and some friends of his found an ancient 12 inch knife made of a single piece of flint where half of the knife is black and the other half is white. Very cool indeed...but I would not want to get caught with it.
I have always heard that it's super bad luck to pick this stuff up....bad indian ju ju I tell you!

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub