TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#76881 - 01/13/04 09:24 PM Re: Anybody Pull a Max Load with a 1/2 Ton? [Re: PALE_RIDER]
cdubb Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Georgetown,Tx
JWS Go ahead and get the new truck, Ill take the trailer off your hands, you dont want that thing. It just aint set up good for you . BUT Its perfect for me

Might want to consider airbag suspension for the truck, its getting reasonably priced and does make a huge difference in the trucks handling.

Shawn

#76882 - 01/14/04 02:50 AM Re: Anybody Pull a Max Load with a 1/2 Ton? [Re: cdubb]
MotoVated758 Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Pflugerville, TX
Shawn,

I just couldn't part with the trailer. It beats the heck out of sleeping in the back of the old 6x10. Furnace heat is the best thing since sliced bread. My ole bones got a little cold on the air matress. This thing heats up in no time. I saw another one on the TON forum up in the DFW area. It's a 2000 model. My neighbor bought the guy's Polini and saw the trailer while he was up there. It was metal, and probaby got more use than mine. He did not look at the inside. The price looks good if it is in any kind of shape at all. You'll be able to haul at least 14 Polini's back there, maybe a KTM or two also.

My Dodge is pulling the trailer really well. It's only the gas mileage that stinks, but I figure I'll probably save money in the long run just buying the gas vs. the extra money spent for a 3/4 ton or larger. The trailer handles great, even with higher winds, and heavy 18 wheeler traffic. We will see you this weekend at XCreek. We're going out Friday night.

Jess

#76883 - 01/14/04 03:36 AM Re: Anybody Pull a Max Load with a 1/2 Ton? [Re: MotoVated758]
cdubb Offline
Gang Boss

I guess thats ok. jk

Glad you like it. I was thinking of looking at that one, the price sounds good, dont be looking for any KTMs in there anytime soon. BUT you may see an old Suzuki SP200 in there. I finally got it all running good, ordered the last few parts today. Clutch cable and throttle tube, thats about it. I did ride it around town today, kinda tricky with no clutch cable, but it ran good, took it up to thrity five and saw the front tire got low really quick on me. So I can finnaly start riding a full size bike around the track to keep up with the boy. Got to ride my buddies CR250 this weekend, crazy power, but i couldt touch it was a balancing act to kick it over. So I had to get mine going. I dont think I can get it in the suburban, so Im going to have to get me a trailer soon, just hard to spend 3000 on a enclosed on when I can get a used toy hauler for 8000.

Did you all ready have the hitch? Ive been told buy a local rv dealer that my burban will pull them good. I just dont have a hitch. We will be out there saturday and sunday as long as the weather holds up. I dont think its worth the drive to Burnet and dealing with my wifes friend to borrow the pop up, so we will just drive back and forth.

See ya there
Shawn

let me say that I can get the bike in there but it would make a mess and not be good. I have hauled the bike and a small 80cc 4 wheeler in there at the same time. I got to get something soon cause the wife wants the 4 wheeler to take to the bathrooms. Ill probably have the 4 wheeler this weekend for her, the 2 Polinis and the PW50 in there. That takes some good packing skills and Im getting tired of picking up bikes to put in the burban.

Whos going to ride the polini?? Is it Michael that got it?? Is Eric going to ride it?>?

#76884 - 01/14/04 01:40 PM Re: Anybody Pull a Max Load with a 1/2 Ton? [Re: cdubb]
MotoVated758 Offline
Gang Boss

Yeah, Mike got the Polini for Eric. Hopefully, he'll be racing it this weekend. The first day they tried it at XCreek, it sheared the bolts in the magneto. Mike will be getting the parts Thursday. Those guys live across the street from me. It's great having ridinng buddies so close. Don't have to go alone. I'm also borrowing his generator till I find a good deal on a used one. I have another neighbor that rides and he was with us this last weekend in the other trailer. He rented that one, but he had so much fun camping with the wife and kids, he's now looking for a toy box also.

The weight distribution hitch and anti-sway I have came with the trailer. I forget what brand it is, but it works really great. If you buy a used trailer, try and talk the owner out of his (if he's not getting another bumper pull) The guy that owned it before me pulled it with a newer model Surburban, so I know it can be done. The newer Surburban's with the Vortec engines have a little more hp and torque than my 99 model, so I won't be using mine to pull it with. I'm going to try and bring out my 4 wheeler, as well as the KLX 110 this weekend. That will be on top of my son's 85, and my 250F. I may have to put the 110 in the back of the pick-up, but we'll see how it goes. I need to rearrange the tie downs to better suit my needs.

Get your bike running...it's much easier to follow the kid around than running. What to you chase CW around on now during the races? CrossCreek is kind of hard to follow on foot.

See ya Sat.....
Jess

#76885 - 01/14/04 07:28 PM Re: Anybody Pull a Max Load with a 1/2 Ton? [Re: MotoVated758]
cdubb Offline
Gang Boss

My feet, I have chased CW all around. CW has gotten better and dosent go down to much, sometimes I use the pw50. With the fences at XCreek it makes following pretty interesting. I usually put the wife on the front half and I take the back half of the track.

Isnt that Polini an X3?? I thought I saw that in the ad on here. If so hope the little guy can hold it up, these Polinis are about the heaviest in the class. If Michael needs any tips to working on them let me know. Ive gone threw them a few times. Glad to hear he got a bike that will put him up with the pack and can handle the jumps better. If it is an X3 might tell Michael that hed have to run the LEM one more time, Ny buddy who got the KTM senior wanted his boy to run it in the jr class, but Shawn said it wouldnt be a good idea. I dont know I think they said they where going to run the XR one last time.

See ya there.
Shawn

#76886 - 01/14/04 09:21 PM Re: Anybody Pull a Max Load with a 1/2 Ton? [Re: cdubb]
MotoVated758 Offline
Gang Boss

Yep...the new bike is an X3 off of the TON forum here. Eric rode it for a little bit on Sunday before it broke. Mike may have the LEM sold already, but may try to keep it through the weekend for the race. We'll just see how everything goes up to Sunday. Get any pictures of that trailer yet. It's the same guy that sold Mike the X3.

Jess

#76887 - 01/15/04 03:42 AM Re: Anybody Pull a Max Load with a 1/2 Ton? [Re: MotoVated758]
SUZUKIQ Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Schertz, Tx
SP200. My first dirt riding experiences were on a 1980 SP400T dual sport. I put a knobby on the back and even tried my hand at MX and harescrambles with it. Fun times. Blasted thing vibrated parts off worse than a Harley.

#76888 - 01/15/04 04:10 AM Re: Anybody Pull a Max Load with a 1/2 Ton? [Re: SUZUKIQ]
cdubb Offline
Gang Boss

yeah when I got it back in highschool about 10 years ago my buddy i bought it from handed me a bottle of locktite and said that its my new best friend. Even that dosent help on some of the parts.

But all together I have 350 maybe in it. So it will do till I can afford a good bike, the boys racing comes first. Thats why he has 3 bikes and I got this ol thing. but its so worth it. wouldnt change a thing.

Shawn

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub