TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home  
TON Logo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#69876 - 03/27/04 12:18 AM Re: Bonsai 4 Sale [Re: Bonsai]
Bonsai Offline
TON Member

Loc: Texas Hill Country
Well we put the house on hold to pay for my daughter's wedding. Which was why I sold Bonsai in the first place, now I'm without a second vehicle. I can't find a good deal on a truck, I'll probably finance one in the summer. I can't find another jeep I like, so I'm thinking about buying Bonsai back in a couple of weeks. I sold it to a buddy who already has an old CJ, huntin rig. He knows how much fun I've had wheelin. (He thinks we're all crazy) Since he knows I'm into wheelin, he said if I ever wanted it back, just come and get it. I'm gonna go over this weekend and help him switch full soft top with the trail rack. We're gonna go wheelin behind his property.

I know everybody is at RC-4 this weekend....it's killin' me. I am looking forward to getting Bonsai back and getting back on the trails.

BTW - I hope I'm not writing to myself. This place has been dead for a while.

#69877 - 03/29/04 06:28 PM Re: Bonsai 4 Sale [Re: Bonsai]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bonsai,couldn't make it to rc-4 ,trans on my truck went out,$2000 to repair . Did get farther along on the cage,rear floor pans replaced, new exhaust & spray in bedliner coming soon. Ive been lurking but will try to post more often.Marcos talked of a Shiloh run, maybe he'll show this time.

Hotrod

#69878 - 03/29/04 10:27 PM Re: Bonsai 4 Sale
Bonsai Offline
TON Member

Yo Hotrod, good to hear from you. It was getting mighty lonely around here.

I guess you got that front hub fixed

Sorry to hear about your tranny. I always have a blast out at RC, but it can get real difficult to go. I heard Marcos put a new 4.0 in Old Blue. I guess when he gets it wired up, he be ready to wheel.

If you ever get the urge, I've got a local spot we can test our rigs on. I went out yesterday and drove Bonsai around. The steering box is leaking and the front u-joints don't sound too good, other than that and not being washed since I sold it, it still wheels pretty good. He's been letting his son take it out, and that kid can tear up a manvil, so I feel pretty good about my work holding up. Do you know if it is possible to replace a seal in the steering box, or do ya gotta replace the box?

I'm ready for a Shiloh run any time. Lemme know if ya ever wanna try the local spot, on my cell or email dkauffman@ci.friendswood.tx.us

#69879 - 03/30/04 03:41 PM Re: Bonsai 4 Sale [Re: Bonsai]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bonsai, got a new computer so may take a while to figure out.

I just ordered a new shaft with u-joint. Still need to up grade to the warn stuff.

Glad i didn't sell the truck to you, with the trans quitting and all.I'm guessing you bought your yj back? That is cool it allways seemed to work well for you.I'm exited about checking out any place new and local.I heard you can replace the seal, never done it,I see Bobby & the guys from San Anton working on those boxes. They can probably give ya the lodown. I'm working on a 78' blazer, got a d60&14bff linedup.As money allows 38's,hydro-assist&crossover steering.But for now i just enjoy the hotrod,which passed the emissions test with flying colors.Give me a call or I'llcheck back here.

Hotrod

#69880 - 03/30/04 09:53 PM Re: Bonsai 4 Sale
Bonsai Offline
TON Member

I did'nt buy it back yet, gimme a week or so. I just went and wheeled in it. When I do,I'll have to pull the front axle apart and replace the outer u-joints and fix that box. I'm gonna get with Bobby and his crew about the box.

If Hotrod is ready, we could do some local wheelin this weekend

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

TX Toy Sales - 1600 Globe Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - 817.655.0651

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub