TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#594691 - 03/05/18 06:23 PM Re: Promotions [Re: Rite-co Racer]
dave sabella Offline
New Boot

Loc: Flower Mound
Originally Posted By: Rite-co Racer
In looking at the results it does not look like there is very much disparity in the C class. There is more of a variance in the top 6 AA riders than there is in the top 6 C riders. The top C rider didn't even win a test...

Yeah, if you are interested, just look at the Saturday lap times of the winner of the over 50C class and then compare them to the winner of the over 50B class...he would have smoked the entire B class. On Sunday it looked like his times put him in second place in the B class (he got second in the C class). The thing is, it screws up the points for those who are riding the whole season. If someone like that shows up 4 times and wins every time then he's going to move up in the standings pretty quickly. I'm tied for second in the standings right now but this guy beat me by 20 minutes on Saturday...I can't ride like that, if I could I would have been an intermediate rider a long time ago. Kind of a bummer but all I can do is show up and ride.

#594701 - 03/05/18 09:19 PM Re: Promotions [Re: ktmlance]
sparkey Offline
Gang Member

They only started listing age classes for c overall after 2014 season. Before they did not figure in the overall c. I guess sometime before the 15 season that changed. I think its better served to leave it like it was before 15. I dont think there are a handfull at best riders that are beginners at 40. I happened to be one a few years back. Most age class riders are not beginners wich is what c class is for. I liked the fact a true beginner of 30+ could ride a branded c class, then promote to an age class where the competition was a little stiffer most times. Then promote to an appropriate long course class or a faster short course age class. Obviously others feel different or we would of kept that the same as it had been for years. As for what Richard was saying, im glad I love to just ride, because when there are several show up for the masters 40 im usually not even in the same zip code at the finish.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  pentonrider 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub