TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#594039 - 01/08/18 08:55 AM Our first enduro of the year is a cross country?
Bobby Southard Online   content
Gang Member

So our first enduro is a cross country? There are lots of cross country races I could go to and most of them are closer than the TSCEC races. First we lost time keepers, then we started having sprint races, now cross countries. How did this happen?

Edited by Bobby Southard (01/08/18 08:56 AM)

#594040 - 01/08/18 09:19 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: Bobby Southard]
TheMan Offline
TON Member

I expect Enduro's will be extinct before me.

Edited by TheMan (01/08/18 09:33 AM)

#594043 - 01/08/18 11:20 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: TheMan]
ktmlance Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Watauga, TX
I am heartbroken.........

#594047 - 01/08/18 02:19 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: ktmlance]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Lubbock,Tx
Yet more de-evolution of the sport.
I like cross-country races, but it sure ain't an Enduro.

#594048 - 01/08/18 02:52 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: RenegadeDude]
Prosser Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Lubbock, TX
Hey guys -
Sunday is a restart Enduro!!!!
Yes Saturday is a Grand Prix XC Style race for TSCEC points. I think you will find that you will need just as much endurance on Saturday as you do on Sunday.

As a FYI - We had heard that you (riders) were getting tired of the sprints, so we don't have a lot of other options, Yes I can give you a 30 mile restart on Saturday that you are going to ride again on Sunday. I can give you a sprint, or we could try something new and different. We are trying to change it up a little and still use the resources we have without killing the land and a club.
Come give it a chance you may like our version better than the others. We don't have a lot of wide open flat stuff so it should be interesting, especially ridding race pace for at least an hour.

I am the first to say its a de-evolution of the sport - we also said that when we started having restarts as well. Come race, have fun, and see your friends!!!

Any day on the dirt bike is still better than being a spectator!!!!

JP

#594049 - 01/08/18 02:52 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: ktmlance]
Prosser Offline
Gang Member

you would have to have a heart first!!!

#594051 - 01/08/18 02:59 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: Bobby Southard]
Prosser Offline
Gang Member

Day 1 is a GP/XC stlye, Day 2 is a Restart Enduro!!!

#594055 - 01/08/18 07:37 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: Prosser]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted By: Prosser

Any day on the dirt bike is still better than being a spectator!!!!

JP

So very true. Count me in both days. It will still be better than not riding!

#594059 - 01/08/18 10:04 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: RenegadeDude]
EnderTheX Offline
TON Member

As long as B is not racing the same time as A... I feel better. Those A guys clog up the track with all their constant passing, roost and shenanigans smile

#594060 - 01/09/18 07:58 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: EnderTheX]
KTM19 Offline

Loc: Arlington TX
I have been waiting for a chance to ride a Saturday enduro at this property for nearly 4 years. Due to other obligations Sunday's aren't an option for me. I skipped the sprint in December because like the upcoming cross country event -you don't really get to ride very much of what I hear is a magnificent property and the schedule said RESTART FORMAT both days. Now we find out it's not as advertised on the schedule. I couldn't be more bummed and if a day of riding is better than not riding I can do that without driving 275 miles and spending $300-$400 by staying home and riding around here. Forever my friends invited me to the 2 day events and I passed them up only to fall in love with enduros once I tried it at LTR in 2015 since then the schedule has had sprints and now this. I'm not sure of the reasons but it seems like the clubs who have always put on 2 day events now struggle to put on real enduros on day 1

#594066 - 01/09/18 10:43 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: KTM19]
Prosser Offline
Gang Member

Tell you what KTM19, not sure who you are but give me a call the next time your out here and I will take you for a ride. We have had 2 day endures in the past and with our land currently we would have to ride some of the trail on both days. The other aspect is that the work load on a club is about double for a 2 day enduro verses running a sprint or XC on day one. When you have fewer people you try to maintain event quality and quality of the ride, it is a fine line we try to walk without killing clubs and riders. A lot has to be factored in to putting on an event, and we try our best to give good experiences to all riders, including trying new formats to attract additional riders.

JP

#594067 - 01/09/18 10:44 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: EnderTheX]
Prosser Offline
Gang Member

Originally Posted By: EnderTheX
As long as B is not racing the same time as A... I feel better. Those A guys clog up the track with all their constant passing, roost and shenanigans smile

C / SC rides on their own
B rides on their own
A rides on their own

JP

#594076 - 01/09/18 07:47 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: Prosser]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

B rides on their own
A rides on their own

JP

So three separate courses or three separate race times?

#594077 - 01/09/18 08:54 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: Prosser]
Danger16 Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Tell you what KTM19, not sure who you are but give me a call the next time your out here and I will take you for a ride. We have had 2 day endures in the past and with our land currently we would have to ride some of the trail on both days. The other aspect is that the work load on a club is about double for a 2 day enduro verses running a sprint or XC on day one. When you have fewer people you try to maintain event quality and quality of the ride, it is a fine line we try to walk without killing clubs and riders. A lot has to be factored in to putting on an event, and we try our best to give good experiences to all riders, including trying new formats to attract additional riders.

JP

JP,

Thanks to you and the club for all you do. I truly appreciate the hard work that goes into these events and the opportunity to race on great properties.

#594079 - 01/09/18 09:58 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: RenegadeDude]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted By: RenegadeDude

B rides on their own
A rides on their own

JP

So three separate courses or three separate race times?

Just saw the flyer and I see it is three different start times.

#594081 - 01/09/18 10:54 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: RenegadeDude]
KTM19 Offline

Loc: Arlington TX
Well JP I'm not sure who you are either.... but ....if I had your number I'd probably take you up on that ride offer!

#594082 - 01/10/18 09:38 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: KTM19]
Prosser Offline
Gang Member

Originally Posted By: KTM19
Well JP I'm not sure who you are either.... but ....if I had your number I'd probably take you up on that ride offer!

eight 0 six seven nine 0 six two 99
John Prosser
V.P. PBMA, Competition Chairman

#594090 - 01/10/18 09:04 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: KTM19]
ktmmer Offline
New Boot

#594111 - 01/11/18 10:10 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: KTM19]
sparkey Offline
Gang Member

Ive said it before and will repeat I love the enduro format. I like other riding formats, just prefer the enduro format. Would rather ride 30 to 40 mile shorter enduro format and reride some of the same test than do other formats. My first preference is just one day for TSCEC points and if you want to put 2 day on then just have a free standing race for bragging rights or money pot. Then seek other race venues to put on enduro format races. Those venues like LTR, PEA can do full 2 day enduro races if the help is available because of the vast amount of land. Come on Metro, East , and Central Texas folks. Lots want to race enduro events just not many want to put the work it takes to do so. John you know I appreciate all the work all the clubs do, I know what it takes first hand, so thank you guys for doing it. I just wish we could add back in the events that were here just a few short years ago. Just FYI Boondockers will be a one day instead of a 2 day unless I have been left out of the loop.

Keith Williams

#594113 - 01/11/18 11:04 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: sparkey]
EnderTheX Offline
TON Member

speaking of.... when are we ever going to mend the rift with Red River (bulcher)? That's my home playground and I am crushed that the year I decide to start trying enduro, they stopped running there.

The trails have been suffering without a club or enduro out there, we have taken to private riders clearing old trails and carving out ancient ones. Recently it's been getting better with more motorcycle interest and the Graham Jarvis classes, etc. I know a few groups including my own who carry tools and work as well as ride.

However!!! Side by sides are the devil and tear up everything, enough said.

From the lore that I hear both Rebecca and the Red River riders are to blame but I wansn't there. All I know is that the new club property at calisburg is crap (I was at the first enduro there and a cross country in the mud).

If anyone has any ideas, let me know, I could probably plot out a 80 mile enduro trail on that property in my sleep.

#594114 - 01/12/18 05:42 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: EnderTheX]
woodsguy Offline
Pappa Boar

Loc: Huntsville

However!!! Side by sides are the devil and tear up everything, enough said.

^^yep^^

TORCS 70

#594115 - 01/12/18 08:38 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: EnderTheX]
sparkey Offline
Gang Member

EnderTHeX I do not know if the rift is with land owner and TSCEC. That was a personal rift with someone in TSCEC(like most problems). I think if you formed a club, talked to owner about race and trail maintenance, maybe sooner than later a race could be had. I loved that race.

Keith Williams

#594117 - 01/12/18 10:05 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: EnderTheX]
trouble_maker Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Floydada, Texas
We're making amends with the east Texas guys as we speak. It's going to take some time to hash things out but I think we're on the right track.

Most of ya'll know I'm all for bringing a timekeeper or two back to the circuit. Lets put the enduro back in enduro!

Marc

#594120 - 01/12/18 11:00 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: trouble_maker]
woodsguy Offline
Pappa Boar

Originally Posted By: trouble_maker
We're making amends with the east Texas guys as we speak. It's going to take some time to hash things out but I think we're on the right track.

Most of ya'll know I'm all for bringing a timekeeper or two back to the circuit. Lets put the enduro back in enduro!

Marc

Change of subject, but how's the tpi working?

TORCS 70

#594123 - 01/12/18 11:50 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: woodsguy]
trouble_maker Offline
Gang Boss

Short answer, I love the bike! I came off a 300 Husaberg, I thought I would be giving up some bottom end but I really don't see that, runs like a sewing machine. But the unpredictable starting is a bit worrisome. It's in the shop right now, ktm is trying to figure it out.
Marc

#594125 - 01/12/18 01:40 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: trouble_maker]
woodsguy Offline
Pappa Boar

Thanks

TORCS 70

#594128 - 01/12/18 09:13 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: EnderTheX]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

speaking of.... when are we ever going to mend the rift with red river ( butcher ) ?
If anyone has any ideas, let me know, I could probably plot out a 80 mile enduro trail on that property in my sleep.

Ender: Here is an Idea. Recruit some help to mark trails and get her done! I will volunteer to provide a checkpoint crew and I'm sure there are more out there who would be willing to help. TSCEC has the scoring equipment. All it takes is someone with the Cajones to step up and do it. The land is there and waiting.

#594132 - 01/13/18 07:24 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: RenegadeDude]
EnderTheX Offline
TON Member

speaking of.... when are we ever going to mend the rift with red river ( butcher ) ?

Ender: Here is an Idea. Recruit some help to mark trails and get her done! I will volunteer to provide a checkpoint crew and I'm sure there are more out there who would be willing to help. TSCEC has the scoring equipment. All it takes is someone with the Cajones to step up and do it. The land is there and waiting.

Very interesting idea, I will see if I can talk to Rebecca and Holly about it. I know the guys who put on the Graham Jarvis class pretty well so maybe they can help. I also met the crew who recently pushed to keep bill's woods open and clear. If we join forces it wouldn't take much to plot out routes since the trails are already there.

I'll keep your offer in mind, that's probably the only way it would happen anyway. Lots of stuff to think about this year!

#594134 - 01/14/18 10:54 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: EnderTheX]
trouble_maker Offline
Gang Boss

Very interesting idea, I will see if I can talk to Rebecca and Holly about it. I know the guys who put on the Graham Jarvis class pretty well so maybe they can help. I also met the crew who recently pushed to keep bill's woods open and clear. If we join forces it wouldn't take much to plot out routes since the trails are already there.

I'll keep your offer in mind, that's probably the only way it would happen anyway. Lots of stuff to think about this year!

Love it! You can count Post enduro Association in for working a check.

Marc

#594140 - 01/15/18 01:41 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: KTM19]
Mark M Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Austin, TX
Racing isn't for complainers. It's about trying to beat your friends and foes without being impolite or irresponsible. First race may not be perfect but trust me the Sandwinder will put a hurt on the best riders.
I'll be at Red Cyn because I know if Prosser says it will be a challenge I guarantee it won't matter that it's a HS or XC it will be a great time. Plus I've yet to finish a 2 day and say "Gee wish the course was longer".
It's Dirt Bike racing not a fashion show.

#594143 - 01/15/18 10:53 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: Mark M]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted By: Mark M

It's Dirt Bike racing not a fashion show.

LOL. Quote of the year so far!

#594161 - 01/16/18 01:53 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: Mark M]
TheMan Offline
TON Member

--It's Dirt Bike racing not a fashion show.

Obviously you haven't seen my new gear!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  pentonrider 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub