TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#594066 - 01/09/18 10:43 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: KTM19]
Prosser Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Lubbock, TX
Tell you what KTM19, not sure who you are but give me a call the next time your out here and I will take you for a ride. We have had 2 day endures in the past and with our land currently we would have to ride some of the trail on both days. The other aspect is that the work load on a club is about double for a 2 day enduro verses running a sprint or XC on day one. When you have fewer people you try to maintain event quality and quality of the ride, it is a fine line we try to walk without killing clubs and riders. A lot has to be factored in to putting on an event, and we try our best to give good experiences to all riders, including trying new formats to attract additional riders.

JP

#594067 - 01/09/18 10:44 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: EnderTheX]
Prosser Offline
Gang Member

Originally Posted By: EnderTheX
As long as B is not racing the same time as A... I feel better. Those A guys clog up the track with all their constant passing, roost and shenanigans smile

C / SC rides on their own
B rides on their own
A rides on their own

JP

#594076 - 01/09/18 07:47 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: Prosser]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Lubbock,Tx
Originally Posted By: Prosser
As long as B is not racing the same time as A... I feel better. Those A guys clog up the track with all their constant passing, roost and shenanigans smile

B rides on their own
A rides on their own

JP

So three separate courses or three separate race times?

#594077 - 01/09/18 08:54 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: Prosser]
Danger16 Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Tell you what KTM19, not sure who you are but give me a call the next time your out here and I will take you for a ride. We have had 2 day endures in the past and with our land currently we would have to ride some of the trail on both days. The other aspect is that the work load on a club is about double for a 2 day enduro verses running a sprint or XC on day one. When you have fewer people you try to maintain event quality and quality of the ride, it is a fine line we try to walk without killing clubs and riders. A lot has to be factored in to putting on an event, and we try our best to give good experiences to all riders, including trying new formats to attract additional riders.

JP

JP,

Thanks to you and the club for all you do. I truly appreciate the hard work that goes into these events and the opportunity to race on great properties.

#594079 - 01/09/18 09:58 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: RenegadeDude]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Lubbock,Tx
Originally Posted By: RenegadeDude

B rides on their own
A rides on their own

JP

So three separate courses or three separate race times?

Just saw the flyer and I see it is three different start times.

#594081 - 01/09/18 10:54 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: RenegadeDude]
KTM19 Offline

Loc: Arlington TX
Well JP I'm not sure who you are either.... but ....if I had your number I'd probably take you up on that ride offer!

#594082 - 01/10/18 09:38 AM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: KTM19]
Prosser Offline
Gang Member

Originally Posted By: KTM19
Well JP I'm not sure who you are either.... but ....if I had your number I'd probably take you up on that ride offer!

eight 0 six seven nine 0 six two 99
John Prosser
V.P. PBMA, Competition Chairman

#594090 - 01/10/18 09:04 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: KTM19]
ktmmer Offline
New Boot

#594111 - 01/11/18 10:10 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: KTM19]
sparkey Offline
Gang Member

Ive said it before and will repeat I love the enduro format. I like other riding formats, just prefer the enduro format. Would rather ride 30 to 40 mile shorter enduro format and reride some of the same test than do other formats. My first preference is just one day for TSCEC points and if you want to put 2 day on then just have a free standing race for bragging rights or money pot. Then seek other race venues to put on enduro format races. Those venues like LTR, PEA can do full 2 day enduro races if the help is available because of the vast amount of land. Come on Metro, East , and Central Texas folks. Lots want to race enduro events just not many want to put the work it takes to do so. John you know I appreciate all the work all the clubs do, I know what it takes first hand, so thank you guys for doing it. I just wish we could add back in the events that were here just a few short years ago. Just FYI Boondockers will be a one day instead of a 2 day unless I have been left out of the loop.

Keith Williams

#594113 - 01/11/18 11:04 PM Re: Our first enduro of the year is a cross country? [Re: sparkey]
EnderTheX Offline
TON Member

speaking of.... when are we ever going to mend the rift with Red River (bulcher)? That's my home playground and I am crushed that the year I decide to start trying enduro, they stopped running there.

The trails have been suffering without a club or enduro out there, we have taken to private riders clearing old trails and carving out ancient ones. Recently it's been getting better with more motorcycle interest and the Graham Jarvis classes, etc. I know a few groups including my own who carry tools and work as well as ride.

However!!! Side by sides are the devil and tear up everything, enough said.

From the lore that I hear both Rebecca and the Red River riders are to blame but I wansn't there. All I know is that the new club property at calisburg is crap (I was at the first enduro there and a cross country in the mud).

If anyone has any ideas, let me know, I could probably plot out a 80 mile enduro trail on that property in my sleep.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  pentonrider 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

TX Toy Sales - 1600 Globe Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - 817.655.0651

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub