TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 188 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#592874 - 08/28/17 07:28 AM Too many Sprint Enduros now
2-Smoker Offline
TON Member

Loc: Red State
A couple of sprint enduros a year was fine but this is getting ridiculous. I was okay with one of the days of a two-day being a sprint but this season we have several stand alone sprints in addition to the two-day onesies. Can we reduce this next season?

#592878 - 08/28/17 02:39 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: 2-Smoker]
gasgasman Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Pearland Texas
Just be happy you have races to attend.

#592881 - 08/28/17 04:27 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: 2-Smoker]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Lubbock,Tx
Originally Posted By: 2-Smoker
A couple of sprint enduros a year was fine but this is getting ridiculous. I was okay with one of the days of a two-day being a sprint but this season we have several stand alone sprints in addition to the two-day onesies. Can we reduce this next season?

That's no problem. Find yourself about 6000 acres of land. Lay out and mark 75 miles of trail. Recruit about 50 people to work sign up, checkpoints, gas stops, ride sweep and handle scoring. Pay for Insurance, port-a-cans and trophys and we would all be glad to sow up and race.

#592883 - 08/28/17 06:43 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: RenegadeDude]
2-Smoker Offline
TON Member

Loc: Red State
I figured that would be the response from a few of you, we've heard this argument before. Fun requires work. I know it's hard to put on an enduro and thankful for being a volunteer and having volunteers, that goes without saying. Just saying we should stay more true to the enduro part in TSCEC. Someone can always start up a sprint enduro organization and go to town with it. I have my opinion, and am just voicing it, sorry to melt your snowflake, you shouldn't be so sensitive.

#592884 - 08/29/17 10:35 AM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: 2-Smoker]
gasgasman Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Pearland Texas
Who's being sensitive?
Attendance was dropping for the enduros.
TSCEC is just adapting to the times.

#592889 - 08/30/17 08:35 AM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: gasgasman]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

I'm about as far from a "snowflake" as one can get. Just pointing out in my own way what it takes to put on a "true" enduro. There is one club I know of that pays nearly 100K a year for their lease so it's not cheap either. Those choosing to put on sprints are doing so because of limited land and personnel. I for one am glad they chose to put on the sprint as it gives us more places to race. Any day on the dirt bike is a good day. See ya at Brunes Mills if it is not still underwater.

#592925 - 09/10/17 10:11 AM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: gasgasman]
Kasberg187 Offline
Gang Member

Originally Posted By: gasgasman
Who's being sensitive?

TSCEC attendance was dropping because of the race experience, not because riders wanted sprint enduros.

Disorganization, lack of marketing and race information, mediocre course marking, antiquated scoring (until this year), and unreasonable wait times for sign up and results - that's what drove attendance down.

It will continue to decline as more sprints are added unless entry fees also come down. Less effort and less overhead should be reflected in the prices we pay.

"Just be happy you have races to attend" is also a wildly unhelpful mindset that allows for more of the above mistakes. Racers (like 2-smoker) should be able to voice an opinion without sarcastic remarks pushing any concerns aside. Especially when done as respectfully as he did.

Promoting a race series is a business, but TSCEC does not treat it as such.

#592929 - 09/11/17 08:47 AM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: Kasberg187]
CaD11 Offline
Kenzo Jr.

Loc: Middle, Onowhere
I wish Lynn Bailey and Eric Pullen put on every race
TORCS-#11 450A, Sport A
Tscec- AA

#592930 - 09/11/17 09:33 AM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: Kasberg187]
Irishcoffee Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: TEXAS
Originally Posted By: Kasberg187
Who's being sensitive?

TSCEC attendance was dropping because of the race experience, not because riders wanted sprint enduros.

Disorganization, lack of marketing and race information, mediocre course marking, antiquated scoring (until this year), and unreasonable wait times for sign up and results - that's what drove attendance down.

It will continue to decline as more sprints are added unless entry fees also come down. Less effort and less overhead should be reflected in the prices we pay.

"Just be happy you have races to attend" is also a wildly unhelpful mindset that allows for more of the above mistakes. Racers (like 2-smoker) should be able to voice an opinion without sarcastic remarks pushing any concerns aside. Especially when done as respectfully as he did.

Thank you. Far too often constructive criticism is taken personally as an attack. Unfortunate.

Edited by Irishcoffee (09/11/17 09:34 AM)

#592931 - 09/11/17 04:43 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: Kasberg187]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted By: Kasberg187
Who's being sensitive?

Very on point Michael. Especially that last line.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  pentonrider 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page