TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#592932 - 09/11/17 10:53 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: RenegadeDude]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Lubbock,Tx

Per Kasberg187 "Promoting a race series is a business, but TSCEC does not treat it as such."

That line has me thinking. Yes, I know, usually a scary thought.

So the most important thing to any business is its brand.

What can TSCEC do to improve its brand?

2 smoker voiced his opinion, I've voiced mine and Michael has very eloquently voiced his.

Let's hear some thoughts from the guys who pay the bills, the racers

#592934 - 09/12/17 09:02 AM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: RenegadeDude]
Testing123 Offline
New Boot

Kasberg187 For TSCEC PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!

#592958 - 09/17/17 04:56 AM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: Kasberg187]
woodsguy Offline
Pappa Boar

Loc: Huntsville
As an "outsider" looking in on the series, my 2 cents. I've ride maybe 1 endure a year, I'm a regular at TORCS. I look at the series and consider running a year for something different, all but 1 event is in west Texas or Ok. I know the endure guys don't mind traveling but for me that is too much. I understand land is hard to find and workers even more so. I guess that's why the sprint series and other short course events grow. I can remember a time when the events were more spread out through the state( and Louisiana) where travel was more evenly divided. I wish the series all the best, as GasGas said, we need to be glad there is a series.
Originally Posted By: Kasberg187
Originally Posted By: gasgasman
Who's being sensitive?
Attendance was dropping for the enduros.
TSCEC is just adapting to the times.

TSCEC attendance was dropping because of the race experience, not because riders wanted sprint enduros.

Disorganization, lack of marketing and race information, mediocre course marking, antiquated scoring (until this year), and unreasonable wait times for sign up and results - that's what drove attendance down.

It will continue to decline as more sprints are added unless entry fees also come down. Less effort and less overhead should be reflected in the prices we pay.

"Just be happy you have races to attend" is also a wildly unhelpful mindset that allows for more of the above mistakes. Racers (like 2-smoker) should be able to voice an opinion without sarcastic remarks pushing any concerns aside. Especially when done as respectfully as he did.

Promoting a race series is a business, but TSCEC does not treat it as such.

TORCS 70

#592967 - 09/18/17 01:26 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: woodsguy]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Lubbock,Tx
Thanks for the input Rob.

#592970 - 09/18/17 01:59 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: RenegadeDude]
Irishcoffee Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: TEXAS
I am fortunate to be one of those who loves a road trip so the travel is no concern for me. I also really like the west TX terrain especially after forty years of E TX piney woods. And being very old school I still prefer the traditional time keepers and the longer ride times. For me to make a 16-24 hour journey to ride less that a couple hours just ain't gonna happen. Now that there are no guys in my area wanting to make the long trips is a factor also. And not being a faster rider has me as nothing more than a $$$ donor to the club since my chance to win or even place well in a pure speed event is nil. Have heard many others voice the same concern. I hope some compromise can be worked out, the clubs work hard and always seem to try to answer all the issues that pop up. TSCEC has earned a great natl rep over many years and deservedly so. Personally I hope the "endure" will always be a part of the events and that more of the participants will have a chance to place well. If I can find one or two traveling partners I hope to get back.

Edited by Irishcoffee (09/18/17 02:03 PM)

#592991 - 09/19/17 06:22 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: Irishcoffee]
Jorge C. Offline
TON Member

#593839 - 12/11/17 12:38 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: Jorge C.]
EnderTheX Offline
Old Boot

Hey Guys,

I am willing to pay more for more restart enduros! I spend a lot more on gas, parts, food etc than I do on race entry fee. I had some bad experiences with the sprint enduros in the last couple years and I don't think I will attend many more. I have so much fun on the restart enduro I can hardly contain myself but the high traffic, torn up track, extreme wait times between sessions and late days of the sprints are not for me. There are plenty of TORN, TORO, etc around me to go to for that.

I'm looking forward to next year!

#593841 - 12/11/17 01:59 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: EnderTheX]
Airbob Offline
TON Member

I actually like the two day events that has a mix of both a sprint and restart. A sprint on Saturday and a restart on Sunday. That way those of us that travel long distances get in plenty of ride time and if folks don't like sprints they can just show up and ride on Sunday or vice versa. The mix of sprint and restart that was done at Cap Rock this year rocked in my opinion. I'll show up and do either because I like the variety but the combination of the two at a single event is the most fun IMO.

Steve

#593843 - 12/11/17 07:02 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: Irishcoffee]
CowboyClint Offline
Gang Member

Irishcouch, When did you become a comedian??? CUZ that's some funny shit u posted.. LOL

P.S. HOPE IT ISNT THAT OLDHEIMERS DISEASE.

BRAAAPPPP KAWNBREAD RACING

#593847 - 12/11/17 09:39 PM Re: Too many Sprint Enduros now [Re: CowboyClint]
sparkey Offline
Gang Member

I agree with Kasberg on a lot of his points, with exception of trail marking. ive raced a lot of different venues and the trail marking in TSCEC is as good as any. I to prefer the restart enduro over the other formats. I know its impossible to put on a 60 to 75 mile race on 1000 acres and under. Thats why our West Texas resources are so special. We have had just a few on this discussion and look at the different goals we already have between us. Some like sprint, some like restart, some like timekeeper, some like grand prix. What would it take to bind the majority if not all together? I thought the love of riding dirt bikes, competing, good clean family fun was that binding agent. I have no good answers for how to make the experiance better, because regardless of the format(we have tried it all now) its the same outcome. If the children love it the parents and grandparents will follow. Look around where are the children? Why? I know some reasons. Ride in the front rows in a few of the races and just pull your helmet off and listen. Check workers, who do not have a thing to do with rider position or class selection getting reamed by someone because a kid had problems in front of them and slowed them a little, or getting reamed because of riders lack of trail reading skills. 200 riders 190 find their way just fine 10 riders have trouble and the trails are poorly marked.lol A lot of a riders experience is what they make it. I think a lot of the rider participation would return if we would get back a Muenster, Callisburg, Nacadoches, Draper and throw in a Gilmer once in a while. Those folks use to have several riders support TSCEC when we had more races in their neck of the woods. That has been a huge hit to the rider count no doubt. I know its redundant, but kids love competition, if you could get several competing in the sixteen and under classes more would want to come.

Keith Williams

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  pentonrider 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub