TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 157 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#592070 - 04/05/17 09:08 AM Re: Sore subject [Re: jharris]
Bengamin Offline
New Boot

Originally Posted By: jharris
Bengamin, made your point, now run away as fast as you can. Nobody really likes forum trolls anyway.
I am curious though, why are you on here bashing TORN? Paid spokesman for this "other" series? Scared to go by yourself? Possibly a preteen mad cause he cant compete in any of the classes?

As you run away, hit the TORCS forum, there is a key board jockey/Troll arguing about how bad they are too. Screen name random. Do you go by random as well? The two of you have about the same post count, meaning you are newbs...

Final point, anyone want to see pit riding out of control? Make a point next year to hit any of the Spring nationals. James Stewart at Freestone, Oakhill or Daytona. We have been to all of them and the pit riding is way out of control. Want to see pit riding in excess? Hit Loretta's then you will get a feel on how bad pit riding really can be.

No running here but appreciate your embracing attitude....sounds like a torn member.

Back on point, only trying to help a fellow racer out. No reason to keep wasting time and money when you aren't enjoying yourself.

For those who enjoy torn, keep padding his pockets

#592081 - 04/06/17 01:10 PM Re: Sore subject [Re: Bengamin]
Irishcoffee Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: TEXAS
You folks in the DFW area are very fortunate to have several choices(HS-Enduro) to ride many times in the year. A huge number of us in other areas have four to eleven hour drives to ride anything, usually only one option. Quit throwing stones, count your blessings.

#592156 - 04/15/17 08:03 PM Re: Sore subject [Re: Irishcoffee]
Jackalope Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Paradise TX
Irishcoffe makes a great point. We used to travel 4 to 6 hours one way to make races in West Texas and the metroplex. Being closer to DFW was a major part of my family making the move. We love being so close to all the action.

Benjamin,
You have a total of 14 posts. Your either a troll or 12. Either way I have raced almost every active cross country circuit except TORCS. Nothing against them just haven't managed to make one. I have raced some that no longer exist. I have promoted a few races. TCCRA has some great positive points and also has some major issues too. TORN has some of the same issues. I personally love practicing and racing the same day. I like not having to show up a day early to practice or 8 hours early to register for a race.
As far as padding pockets your right. I gladly pay for all the countless hours of work.
Finding and negotiating properties.
Scheduling properties around production, harvest, grazing and other circuits.
Prerace track scouting and planning.
Setting up emergency personnel.
Insurance for insurance
Getting porta potties scheduled and staged.
Negotiating sponsorships to help offset the costs.
Dealing with rain outs and schedule changes.
The list is way longer than taking our dollars and depositing it in an account.
I ask that you not bash this circuit. Cross country racing is getting tougher and tougher and one day may longer exist. Support your favorite circuit but be tolerant of those that choose other options. Maybe you need to sign up and volunteer for that circuit instead of bash this one.
Thanks.
TORN 561
In my back yard I'm always number 1.
Live to ride. Ride to live.

#592165 - 04/17/17 06:09 AM Re: Sore subject [Re: Jackalope]
liss Offline
Gang Mom

Loc: LOVING,TEXAS
Good morning kids..... wow you miss a lot when you don't look at the forums till race weekend.
First off pit riding it was addressed at the riders meeting where Curtis warned of the zero tolerance. he was being nice to the newbies and the couple of time a year show up guys. He stated get a number and come to me I will handle it. He will I've seen him take out vehicles for the weekend and ban you from them.

Bumps: we are two races in. He will bump. He is given the lap times with no no names or numbers so not to show bias. You can't bump someone cause they are faster. Only because they can run in a faster class and sometimes there is a huge gap between levels of classes. Look at the ladies over 30 and you will see what I mean. Doesn't mean the leader of the amateurs should bumped.

There are folks who like other series better than TORN and that's ok. I like torn best and you won't see me bashing the others. They are good in their own way.

Profit vs non profit: How much of a profit do you think they actually make? I think you would be surprised. Have you even bothered to look at the ministries? That's what TORN is they just let us race while we are there. They put on summer camps, feed people, build churches, help downed riders, I could go on and on.

Full time EMS: if you only knew what a top notch crew they have, the training the passion for the racers. Only the best for TORN they don't just get by with who is willing to work.

I have raced TORN since the very first race. My family has been at every race since. We will continue as long as racing is in the cards.

If you have concerns about tracks, bumps, pit riders, the ministries talk to Curtis or his family or crew. They don't troll the forums you won't get answers that way.

Good luck and ride safe

Sponsor:
Week's Muffler Bearings and Powerbands

Mom of:
Kate 815 R
Buddy 15 lb
many many others I claim
Grandma of:
Josie..strider class #15
Brynn.... future racer

#592200 - 04/24/17 06:40 AM Re: Sore subject [Re: liss]
junkman Offline
Gang Member

Loc: arlington
That individual is troubled by lack of experience . I can't believe i remebered my Log - in

#592202 - 04/24/17 10:21 AM Re: Sore subject [Re: junkman]
liss Offline
Gang Mom

Loc: LOVING,TEXAS
aww so proud of you! lol my laptop remembered mine.....

Sponsor:
Week's Muffler Bearings and Powerbands

Mom of:
Kate 815 R
Buddy 15 lb
many many others I claim
Grandma of:
Josie..strider class #15
Brynn.... future racer

#592212 - 04/25/17 06:29 PM Re: Sore subject [Re: liss]
junius Offline
Gang Member

Loc: midlothian
Not one for hijacking a thread. But I have been known to do it. Liss and Cecil. We have a brand new kawi kfx 90 4 wheeler for sale. Turtle ridden. 2017. Maybe 6 hours. Payed off. Has been seen around Billy and Kris camp. Also seen at Junkman's proving grounds. AKA Teddy's house. If anyone knows anyone interested let me know. 2k. Still under warranty. I don't do Facebook and don't check private messages but not hard to find. This thing needs a good home.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Torn_Racing 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page