TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#591952 - 03/28/17 06:55 AM Sore subject
SRTDODGE Offline
Old Boot

Loc: TX
I know this is a wild shot, but there were a few reasons for racing TORN this year. The great rumors from other members that talked highly about were to name a couple,
Pit riding under control!
Bumps were under control!
Here we are 3rd race in, rumors of tracks not likely to get tracks due to the out of control pit riding, and lap times are definitely out in some of the classes.
Example is the minis. 2.5 minute lead? Wrong class folks. Move your self up. I know this will stir the pot for some, but it seems that this isnt talked about here on the forums.
Im hoping my Torn experience gets better.

#591960 - 03/28/17 05:25 PM Re: Sore subject [Re: SRTDODGE]
jharris Offline
x

Loc: Texas
Pit Riding this weekend was a little on the crazy side.
Bumps? I am assuming you are talking about the Mini Int and Mini EXP. The kid that has won the last two races in the Mini INT cannot be competitive in the mini expert class at this point. Look at the actual lap times, of the two classes. He would be in last place of the expert class, this would not be fair to the kid to be bumped. Based on his times, I think he is in the correct class, but not my call.
We went through the same thing when my son was in the mini classes, we were bumped to a class that he did not belong in, no way was he going to be competitive. He was on a super mini bumped to I think was the Lites intermediate class. No way could he compete with these guys as far as bikes, ability yes but not bikes.
My son has chased the same rider from Mini Amateurs all the way to today, and still chasing him in the pro class. Best advise I was given was training for the rider and more riding. The mini INT riders will get faster chasing a faster rider.

Enjoy TORN, we have for 8 plus years. Also note, we travel 5 plus hours to each race to race with the fastest cross country riders in the region and one of the best, most honest and fair run organizations we have participated in

just my thoughts...

#591977 - 03/29/17 06:28 PM Re: Sore subject [Re: jharris]
YAM 651 Offline
Gang Daddy

I agree with the pit riding! It's a bit out of control! People need to slow down, & the pits are not a place to play ride, last year I got a small dent in the door of my new truck from a kid playing around & hit my truck! At the last race I saw a kid maybe 10 or 11 yrs old driving a utv up & down the pit road with 2 other kids in with him, too young to be driving that in my opinion!
Another thought is people stopping in the middle of the track during practice to chat or discuss lines or whatever! Move off the track!!!! Someone is Gona get hit & hurt
Align rite chiropractic ( Dr Z ) 972-907-2800
Freedom Powersports Dallas
FMF Racing
SCOTT
SHAKEOLOGY
MSR RACING
GAERNE,
ASV Inventions
3rdGearPinned.com
Torn 651R

#591985 - 03/30/17 11:01 AM Re: Sore subject [Re: YAM 651]
Yamaha445 Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Sachse
Pit out of control, dogs not on leashes, and saw/smelled people smoking pot during my race! Next time I will stop, racing or not.

NEVER LET YOUR FEAR DECIDE YOUR FATE!!

Pops words of wisdom: Dont fall, dont stall and have fun!!

#591991 - 03/30/17 07:34 PM Re: Sore subject [Re: Yamaha445]
Bengamin Offline
New Boot

Do yourself and your family a favor, and abandon the crazy idea of hoping for improvement here. It will get better when you join the family of 45+ years in off-road. You have already wasted three months of this year, now run as fast as you can to happiness of the best xc group to enjoy great family and racing for the rest of the year.

#592005 - 03/31/17 01:33 PM Re: Sore subject [Re: Bengamin]
woodwoodyn Offline
Old Boot

Different class of people at Torn.you never see negative posts from Torn members on other forums.we race both series and you see the same thing in the pits at both.Both series are great to race in. Just enjoy the opportunity you have to pick a series to race.

#592009 - 04/01/17 09:25 AM Re: Sore subject [Re: woodwoodyn]
Yamaha445 Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Sachse
I agree. The season usually starts off like this, but it'll get handled. Always does

NEVER LET YOUR FEAR DECIDE YOUR FATE!!

Pops words of wisdom: Dont fall, dont stall and have fun!!

#592010 - 04/01/17 11:40 AM Re: Sore subject [Re: Yamaha445]
Bengamin Offline
New Boot

Different class of people if you are speaking about leadership. Everyone agrees; RUN from this disaster

#592030 - 04/02/17 10:16 AM Re: Sore subject [Re: Bengamin]
Irishcoffee Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: TEXAS
Originally Posted By: Bengamin
Do yourself and your family a favor, and abandon the crazy idea of hoping for improvement here. It will get better when you join the family of 45+ years in off-road. You have already wasted three months of this year, now run as fast as you can to happiness of the best xc group to enjoy great family and racing for the rest of the year.
Huh?

#592037 - 04/02/17 06:21 PM Re: Sore subject [Re: Irishcoffee]
ridered Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: peaster, tx
I've been racing Torn since 09, not as much since they started catering to the SXS and the tracks suffered from it. As far as mini bumps, good luck. Pit riding is bad at all the offroad organization races. I will say Curtis and Angie are some of the nicest people you will meet. I just wish they would go back to the way it was years ago and race bikes one weekend and SXS/ATV the following weekend. The tracks were way better back then and showed they put more effort into it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Torn_Racing 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page