TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#588536 - 05/28/16 10:39 PM Memorial Day
Lumberjack Moderator Offline
AMSA President

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
I want to say a special thanks to all of the men and women who sacrificed their lives, family, and sanity, to protect and provide the life we enjoy here in the United States of America.

You know who you are!

A special person who most of you know is Allen Cotton or Doc. He is an inspiration to me but more importantly my son Kyle. It is people like you that keep setting examples for those around you. Stay tough cause you have many more lives to touch and inspire! Thanks Doc!

I also want to say a special thanks in remembrance to my long lost friend Robert Ellison. Seven year green beret who fought in the most worst conditions on the front lines and rescuing the wounded from the sidelines of rice patties in Vietnam. He had more gun shot wounds, knife wounds, punji stick wounds, missing body parts and lived to come back state side and try to make it in civilian life and through college. He never complained. There were times I had to try and understand and help him through his low points with PSTD although I did not understand in that I had never been there or done that. I had the good fortune to study many hours with Robert as we tried to make our way through engineering classes at Texas A&M. Then one day he was tragically taken from us in a freak accident while on a helicopter flight into the Gulf of Mexico to rescue oil platform workers before a major hurricane hit Galveston. Robert was only 13 hours away from graduating with a degree in Petroleum Engineering. Miss you and will never forget you buddy.

#588538 - 05/29/16 12:01 AM Re: Memorial Day [Re: Lumberjack]
Darrius Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Wow heck of a story Larry and thanks to you vets, every one.

#588548 - 05/29/16 06:15 AM Re: Memorial Day [Re: Darrius]
Tripod Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Austin
Yes, thanks for that story Larry. During my time in the Army, I served under a great man, LTC Harold Fritz, who was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, for his actions as a Tank Platoon Leader in Vietnam. And he lived to tell the tale. If you ever want to hear the story, just let me know. It is awesome.
Formerly world-famous 1983 HONDA XR200R
1978 HONDA Trail 70 with 125cc motor
2005 125cc Chinese-made pit-bike
Still riding..... any way I can

Not too fast, but I won't be last!

Moderator:  Dave, Lumberjack, Maddog 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub