TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#588487 - 05/24/16 05:51 PM Re: Park Managers Trying to Close City Park ! [Re: Tripod]
CBaron Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Austin, TX
Originally Posted By: Tripod
They have so many thousands of acres...

About 31,780 acres to be precise.

https://www.traviscountytx.gov/tnr/bccp/presrve

-CJB

#588502 - 05/25/16 05:02 AM Re: Park Managers Trying to Close City Park ! [Re: CBaron]
Tripod Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Austin
Yes, thank you, protecting two species of stupid songbirds, that allow cowbirds to lay eggs in their nest. And six species of invertebrates (bugs). We knew the rancher next to us, Mr. Gainer, and he had the highest concentration of black-cap vireo nests discovered to date. So the Feds took over his ranch, and ended up clearcutting and burning a big part of it. Incredible but true. Anything we can do to fight these enviro-nazi BCCP bureaucrats is worth doing.
Formerly world-famous 1983 HONDA XR200R
1978 HONDA Trail 70 with 125cc motor
2005 125cc Chinese-made pit-bike
Still riding..... any way I can

Not too fast, but I won't be last!

#588520 - 05/26/16 04:12 PM Re: Park Managers Trying to Close City Park ! [Re: Tripod]
CBaron Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Austin, TX
Originally Posted By: Tripod
Yes, thank you, protecting two species of stupid songbirds, that allow cowbirds to lay eggs in their nest. And six species of invertebrates (bugs). We knew the rancher next to us, Mr. Gainer, and he had the highest concentration of black-cap vireo nests discovered to date. So the Feds took over his ranch, and ended up clearcutting and burning a big part of it. Incredible but true. Anything we can do to fight these enviro-nazi BCCP bureaucrats is worth doing.

I had been involved in fighting this fight via the mountain biking community beginning in 1998 with the closing of Forest Ridge. Many of us tried to organize and petition the correct gov't entities along with working with the appropriate staffers to help craft language for the management plan document. Most all of it to no avail. Many of us older-timers have since moved on in frustration (which I kinda think is the goal 'by design' of the process), and some newer fighters have recently taken up the charge. Kent (MX & Mtn Bike guy) is one of these new people and had been one of the most methodical and organized individuals I've seen in the process yet. He's working with these groups if you'd like to get in touch. http://www.felmp.org https://www.facebook.com/Friends-of-Emma-Long-Motorcycle-Trails-1443823235837171/

However, in summary, I think the only truly effective and powerful thing to do in order to stop this, would be to take legal action in the form of a law suit. It would take some financial resources combine with a legal team who would be up for the challenge.

-CJB

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Dave, Lumberjack, Maddog 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub