TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#586819 - 02/18/16 05:17 AM New to riding looking for options.
Aloysha Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Recently got my first dirtbike and I'm totally hooked. It's all I can think about. I live in south Austin and have mostly been beating myself up at Emma long. I have made one trip out to Hidden falls. Don't want to sound greedy. Just wondering if there are any other free or cheap places to ride around here. I am not interested in racing. Just looking for challenging single track. Wondering if maybe there is someone with a load of private land that lets riders in cheap. Thanks in advance. Happy riding.

#586821 - 02/18/16 03:51 PM Re: New to riding looking for options. [Re: Aloysha]
jqueen Offline
Old Boot

The AMSA ride days are around an hour east/southeast from you, and they are fun but you have to keep your eye out for the posts to see where they are. Powell Ranch apparently has opened as a ride area full time now.

I personally also like Crooked Creek up by Waco - fairly cheap and a smooth flowing trails, with a couple of narrower trails that get more technical.

#586829 - 02/18/16 05:59 PM Re: New to riding looking for options. [Re: jqueen]
Spermy Administrator Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Buda, just south of weird
Powell Ranch will be your best bet. Also Murphy's MX has some trail sections. Check the AMSA section for more info on Powells and google Murphy's MX for their site.

Spermy TORCS 611
Patty 611's number 1 fan
Drex TORCS 4
Scout carrying on the 611 tradition

Moderator:  Bill, Gumby 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub