TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#586009 - 01/18/16 12:50 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: JVINCENT]
Airbob Offline
TON Member

Want to give a huge thank you to everyone that helped to make this race possible and especially to George for hosting the race out at his place. I raced both days and woke up with a smile still on my face on Monday morning. What a blast the track layout was. After riding mostly tight woods for so long it was a nice change of pace to do so much riding in the upper part of the gear box. The track conditions were nothing short of hero dirt for both days. Once again, AWESOME job guys and hope to see ya'll at the next ride day.

Steve

#586012 - 01/18/16 01:04 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: JVINCENT]
Irishcoffee Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: TEXAS
Originally Posted By: JVINCENT
Great event! I'm having trouble locating the results.

Any idea where I can look at the final standings?
Unofficial results are on the TSCEC site.

#586014 - 01/18/16 02:31 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: Irishcoffee]
JVINCENT Offline
Old Boot

Thanks, but all I can see are the entries; no results.

Am I doing something wrong?

#586017 - 01/18/16 03:15 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: JVINCENT]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Lubbock,Tx
No you are not.
They will be up as soon as Mr. Prosser gets around to posting them.

#586019 - 01/18/16 03:44 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: RenegadeDude]
JVINCENT Offline
Old Boot

Thank you, sir!

#586027 - 01/18/16 10:19 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: JVINCENT]
Pinball Wizard Offline
Work? Me?

Loc: Sugar Land, Tx
Awesome race and awesome property. Colored dots on helmets to distinguish classes would have been nice. I never knew who I was passing. But nevertheless, thank you for keeping out of the phycologists office. I wish you had more races closer to SW Texas area.
John - #89 - '18 KTM 350-SXF
Maren - #3 - '16 KTM 150-SX

I always ride with my business socks on!
Decal Works, N-Style, Gaerne

#586041 - 01/19/16 12:19 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: Pinball Wizard]
Lumberjack Moderator Offline
Trail Blazer

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
I want to say a HUGE Thank You to George McMahan and Wayne McMahan for trusting myself and AMSA for this weekend's first race at their ranch near Smithville, TX. I also want to thank them for their never ending friendship with myself and AMSA over the past several years allowing us to host numerous events at their ranch. I hope that we have just began and we will have many more events to come for all to enjoy! Forever grateful!

I want to say a MILLION thanks to my many friends who worked so hard together as a team to help in difficult conditions to lay out a fast, flowing track that everyone would enjoy. The preparation was long and brutal at times. Myself and Greg Messer initially laid out the main portion of the track and cut bypasses while it rained all day long in an effort to scope out a track that could hold up in the event that we had bad weather conditions. During that first rainy work day a nearby race event at Goertz Ranch was cancelled due to bad weather conditions. Greg and I soldiered on. At one place we had a major issue with water and the team cut a bypass to get around those impassable swampy conditions. A culvert was installed. Wayne McMahan spent several days on a tractor to make certain the crossing was safe and durable. His efforts paid off and the passing was flawless. Great job Wayne McMahan. Later, many people followed behind us and laid out additional trail to complete an epic course. I cannot say thanks enough to all that helped!

I want to say a MILLION thanks for all of my friends who most graciously worked all weekend long to help pull this event off. Everyone was available to do whatever we needed in the moment to make things happen. Some people had less desirable duties but they stayed the course to help us make things happen. I cannot say thanks enough!

I hope that everyone enjoyed the weekend and the overall experience!

Last, but not least, thanks to everyone who came out to support this weekends event! Without your support these events would not happen! Thank you!

Stay tuned!!!!!

Thanks,
-Larry

Attachments
George & Wayne McMahan 2016 XCD Race.jpg

#586048 - 01/19/16 03:52 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: Lumberjack]
RenegadeDude Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Lubbock,Tx
Results are now posted.

#586050 - 01/19/16 07:23 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: RenegadeDude]
WRider Offline
TON Member

Loc: Texas, Austin area
Guys... please give Larry and Greg a pat on the back next time you see them.
I am sure there are other folks deserve it as well, I just do not know their names.

After the race on Sunday when every one was packing up and leaving... I saw these two guys (Larry and Greg) going back out to the trails and pulling ground stakes and ribbons. I do not know if they had all clean up done that day.

I wanted to stay, but my dear leader (wife) had this funny look on here face when I asked; and I knew she had to go to work early Monday morning. We still had good 2-2.5 hour drive home and she wanted to stop for groceries.

Larry... if you need help with clean up this weekend, send me a PM.

PS: McMahon's are great folks, and their ranch is one of my favorite place to ride on. It has So much potential...
I've briefly met George McMahon's son Will out on the trail riding his UTV, it was getting dark and I get lost. He offered me a beer and showed me the way back to camp. Such friendly folks...

#586061 - 01/20/16 07:52 AM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: WRider]
Lumberjack Moderator Offline
Trail Blazer

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
Thanks George !

Myself, Greg Messer and Richard Jacobs finished taking down all the stakes and red tape off the course after the race Sunday. Long day but I slept like a rock Sunday night ! wink

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Dave, Lumberjack, Maddog 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page