TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#586069 - 01/20/16 08:04 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: WRider]
Greg Offline
Vet AMSA Director

Loc: Austin, TX
Thanks! I understand needing to get on the road.

It might have looked like work, but in reality I got to ride my bike and work until dark. That's always the best way to end the day!

So many people helped out with this event. There were people who worked the gate, helped with sign-up, helped with finding and cutting all the trail re-routes, got the trophies, got the porta-cans, got the EMS crew, did administrative duties, hammered stakes, tied course tape, cut ALL the face slappers, slogged through mud, sweated when the sun came out, froze working in the mornings, ... All of it was necessary and contributed significantly to getting it done.

And I heard people all day getting answers to every question from Larry - he held it wfo and didn't stop until everything was finished. The club as a whole put on a fun event!

Greg

#586078 - 01/21/16 12:44 AM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: Greg]
gmktm Offline
TSCEC Past Prez

Loc: Lubbock, Texas
And I want to really thank AMSA, the whole club, for fulfilling my dream, Which was to have a real MC race on my land! I've been involved with bikes since I was 14, have seen clubs and race promoters lose SO MANY race sites, Enduro sites that I've always wanted to own enough land for a race, and to know that "WE" could not get kicked off. Besides all the AMSA members, Larry Greg, Bobab, Bob, Andy, Bobby, etc etc, so many other non-members showed up to help just because they wanted to. Thanks to Richard Jacobs, Marty Howell, Randy Damron, Archie Taliafero, Steve Thompson and all of the others for all their help. And it was so good to see all the WT guys drive down, even though it was a long trip, great to see my ole friend Clifton Goertz, my young friend Kelton Miller and all the others plus all the new friends that came by and said thanks. And HUGE Kudos to Pam and John Prosser and Steve Neff for everything they did. Sunday was Neff's birthday and he was still there working his butt off to make sure the riders had the best experience possible and to help John get everything scored perfectly. Which they did! All in all, a great race and a great weekend. Larry "Quarterbacked" an outstanding event, the only problem I see, since the weather was so good, is how are we going to better next year? But I promise we will all be trying!

#586457 - 02/03/16 01:11 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: gmktm]
Lumberjack Moderator Offline
AMSA President

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
Just an FYI, I have the left over trophies from the race. So if you left without your trophy, let me know and we can see how to get yours to you! Thanks to everyone who came out to the event! -Larry

#586458 - 02/03/16 03:20 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: Lumberjack]
JVINCENT Offline
New Boot

Larry:

I called you last night.

My son Austin Vincent ended up 3rd in the Open Class in the afternoon race. If he has a trophy coming to him, please give me a call at 713-851-4149.

Thanks!

Jeff Vincent

#586822 - 02/18/16 04:09 PM Re: McMahan Ranch XCD Race - Jan 16 & 17 [Re: JVINCENT]
Lumberjack Moderator Offline
AMSA President

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
As we discussed I will have your son's trophy at the Hidden Falls Enduro. I will be check captain at checks 1 and 5.

Thanks Jeff for you and Austin coming out to enjoy and support the event!

-Larry

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Dave, Lumberjack, Maddog 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub