TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#473398 - 07/26/10 05:46 PM bad experience at Hidden Falls off-road park
HOT Jeep Offline

hey guys, just a heads up for any off-roaders thinking about going to Marble Falls to ride the trails at Hidden Falls Off-Road park. While on vacation last week my son and wife wanted to go trail riding out there since they advertise 3000 acres of trails to ride on. So we called Hidden Falls and made arrangements to rent 3 atv's for a day, at $45 a hour. The guy on the phone took my credit card information and set me up a time slot for the following day. Then, after driving 2 1/2 hours to get there we were told they didnt have any atv's available. When I asked about my booking time and gave the guy at the counter my name he confirmed I was on his list, but he had already issued all the available atvs that he had to other riders. Now I got there 45 minutes early to make sure the bikes were all in good working condtion for my wife and 11 year old son, so its not like I was late for our apointment or anything. How is it possible that a business can just give away atv's that have already been paid for ? When asked about a refund on my CC they refused and said the guy who's "in charge" of the atv rental does it out of an office in Colorado. WTH ? So I tried to call the person who took my credit card informaton. and i tried. and i tried. I called his number no less then 40 times over the next three days, he never answered his phone a single time. Also, the guy behind the counter at Hidden Falls was outright rude and belegerant, stating it wasnt HIS fault that they didnt have any bikes for us. Even though HE is the guy that has the list of appointments and HE is the guy that issues the bikes out ! So I asked the guy about rescheduling our ride time for the following day. He said we were more then welcome to come back the following day when the park opened at 10 am. So my family and i drove back to town, got a hotel room (an additional $140)and planned on riding the following day. Upon waking, we again contacted Hidden Falls and was told yet again that they didnt have any atvs available for rent, cause they were all booked up. I asked the guy at the counter (RD?) how could they already be spoken for, when the park JUST opened and I had already paid for 3 bikes now 2 days earlier ??? Again, he said, he couldnt help me, it wasnt his fault or his concern. I cant tell you how dissapointed and ticked off i am. Not only did they waste two days of my family's vacation, they also lied to my face and stole several hundred dollars from me. So, BEWARE of Hidden Falls and Hill Country Adventures in Marble Falls !!!!! They are a SHADY GROUP OF LIARS AND THIEVES !!!!!

#473421 - 07/26/10 08:27 PM Re: bad experience at Hidden Falls off-road park [Re: HOT Jeep]
Jeffdzz Offline
New Boot

Loc: Houston, TX
Guy sounds like a real a-hole.
You should also post this in the Hidden Falls forum on this site.

#473424 - 07/26/10 08:44 PM Re: bad experience at Hidden Falls off-road park [Re: Jeffdzz]
Irishcoffee Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: TEXAS
Small claims court.

#473427 - 07/26/10 09:18 PM Re: bad experience at Hidden Falls off-road park [Re: Irishcoffee]
HOT Jeep Offline

excellent idea !

#473882 - 07/31/10 09:54 PM Re: bad experience at Hidden Falls off-road park [Re: HOT Jeep]
Greg Offline
Vet AMSA Director

Loc: Austin, TX
At the very least, ask your credit card company to refuse the charges.

Greg

#540650 - 08/15/12 12:00 AM Re: bad experience at Hidden Falls off-road park [Re: Greg]
roadman Offline

Absolutely, with this experience, you should definitely contact your credit card company to issue a charge back for unauthorized charges given the entire situation. or small claims. Let it be heard they took your money and time without a single apology. And the forums will also help spread this story. Sorry it was so shitty. But hope you can eventually get your money back.

#572677 - 09/17/14 03:55 AM Re: bad experience at Hidden Falls off-road park [Re: roadman]
Gary Stovall Offline

Loc: United States
thats terrible i was planning to take my family to hidden falls for a 2 day bike race sept. 28 think i will pass on this race.they don't need my money . sounds like a shady place to go i know a lot of guys that will spread this bad news

#579430 - 04/14/15 09:07 PM Re: bad experience at Hidden Falls off-road park [Re: Gary Stovall]
Mark M Offline
Gang Member

This sounds like a problem with the bike rental company a totally seperate company from Hidden Falls adventure park. It does suck for you and your family, We go to HF all the time and have had nothing but great experiences with the staff.

#581544 - 06/26/15 05:06 PM Re: bad experience at Hidden Falls off-road park [Re: Mark M]
CBaron Offline
Gang Member

Originally Posted By: Mark M
This sounds like a problem with the bike rental company a totally seperate company from Hidden Falls adventure park. It does suck for you and your family, We go to HF all the time and have had nothing but great experiences with the staff.

Same here. Me and my family have been going out there for the passed few yrs and they've been nothing but helpful and courteous. Also note, this thread is 5YRS OLD!

#582155 - 07/30/15 02:23 AM Re: bad experience at Hidden Falls off-road park [Re: CBaron]
texan Offline
New Boot

Had a similar experience with the thread starter and still demand/justice aren't still received such a pain in the ass.

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub