TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#581944 - 07/16/15 10:12 PM Re: Upcoming ride days .... [Re: Airbob]
stdoggett Offline
Old Boot

I hope not Darrius (or at least hope for an alternative weekend). . I signed up to support AMSA this year but if that's true both rides days have been scheduled the same weekend as a torcs race.

#581951 - 07/17/15 03:24 AM Re: Upcoming ride days .... [Re: GIL]
grass_hopper Offline
Old Boot

Loc: round rock
Originally Posted By: GIL
What is going on with AMSA? Any rides planned soon?

i was wondering the same thing. i hope there not using Facebook to post up cause i don't use facebook.
i really want to get out and ride before the real heat sets in.

#581955 - 07/17/15 11:49 AM Re: Upcoming ride days .... [Re: grass_hopper]
GIL Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Austin, TX
Originally Posted By: grass_hopper
Originally Posted By: GIL
What is going on with AMSA? Any rides planned soon?

i was wondering the same thing. i hope there not using Facebook to post up cause i don't use facebook.
i really want to get out and ride before the real heat sets in.

I also refuse to use facebook
Gilbert #15 KTM 250XC
Open C

#581964 - 07/17/15 03:36 PM Re: Upcoming ride days .... [Re: GIL]
Maddog Moderator Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Austin,Texas
This has been a tough spring and early summer for riding and setting up rides. TORCS has had tough weather for almost all of their races this year. AMSA has some things in the works, but it takes a lot to set these rides up....especially with all of the growth, flood damage and now the heat. Rusty's isn't bad...went out there last Sunday morning. He has had a lot of flood damage and there are ways around but it could use some work as well. Always remember to call Rusty to make sure he doesn't have a horse trail ride scheduled. Murphys MX is just down the road from Rusty's and they have trails as well. CTOR is also another option.

#581965 - 07/17/15 03:48 PM Re: Upcoming ride days .... [Re: Maddog]
Darrius Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Hey Maddog, am curious about CTOR how do we go about getting a ride out there. Years ago I went but I had to call some guy and he had to meet me and OK me riding as am not a member. Has things changed out there?

#581967 - 07/17/15 04:34 PM Re: Upcoming ride days .... [Re: Darrius]
Maddog Moderator Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Austin,Texas
Things haven't really changed. Google "CTOR" and you should be able to get all the info....contact, cost, etc.

#581968 - 07/17/15 04:38 PM Re: Upcoming ride days .... [Re: Maddog]
Lumberjack Moderator Offline
AMSA President

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
As most people know we had a significant amount of rain this past spring. All the rain caused overgrowth at the ranches, flooded the creeks, and caused many trees to fall. There is so much overgrowth at Powell Ranch that we cannot see the single track trail while walking. Essentially, we are having to cut a new trail in the single track areas.

Our plan is to do Powell Ranch first, then Walnut Creek, then Smithville on August 22 per the landowners request. The Smithville ride is August 22nd per the land owner’s request, so there is nothing we can do about that date and conflicting events.

There are people working on Watson Ranch also.

The more people we can get to help, the sooner we can get trail loops ready to ride. Three people worked most of the day last Sunday at Powell’s Ranch and completed ribboning around ˝ mile of trail. It still needs to be trimmed to be ready for a ride day. At that rate, it will take 12 work days to ribbon a six mile continuous loop. If there were enough people there so that the people hanging ribbon did not have to cut limbs and drag them off the new trail, it would be ready faster.

We prefer that a couple of us that really know the properties hang ribbon and helpers follow behind and cut face slappers and move dead fall. Thanks, -Larry & Greg

#581971 - 07/17/15 06:42 PM Re: Upcoming ride days .... [Re: Darrius]
Airbob Offline
TON Member

To ride CTOR call Benny at 254-217-3178

#581977 - 07/17/15 09:40 PM Re: Upcoming ride days .... [Re: Lumberjack]
Greg Offline
Vet AMSA Director

Loc: Austin, TX
Sunday, 7/19, is looking good for a work day.

I will be at Powell's Ranch around 9:00 AM. If anybody wants to help, come when you can - leave when you want to! There is not much riding possible at the moment. I went to the back of the property last week and I could only find the widest of the trails. As soon as they became singletrack, they were indistinguishable from the rest of the woods. With the tall grass and numerous hidden logs and limbs on the ground, I couldn't ride trail for any distance.

There is still plenty of work finding the old trail, finding bypass trails, hanging ribbon, cutting branches, and dragging logs. We will start where the trail crosses the road, just before where we normally sign people in for the ride days. You should be able to find and follow the Ribbon-on-the-Right from the road crossing.

We parked by the oil tanks last week because the weeds are too high in the usual parking area.

Watch for snakes, or stay by me. I hardly ever see one. They must not like the way I smell!

Greg

Edited by Greg (07/18/15 10:54 PM)

#582003 - 07/19/15 06:44 PM Re: Upcoming ride days .... [Re: Greg]
stdoggett Offline
Old Boot

I'm sorry I didn't see this in time, already had plans for this weekend. But if you or anyone else is going back next week please post early if possible. I'll be happy to help and will make sure I'm free.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Dave, Lumberjack, Maddog 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub