TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#577813 - 02/23/15 02:43 PM Re: 1100 Hare Scramble Race Help+Preride This Weekend [Re: GoFaster]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Loc: Clear Lake City
Originally Posted By: GoFaster
Good race guys!

Thanks Ron!

We were a bit worried how people would like it with the challenging terrain and no measurable rain in three weeks but the responses were great! It made all of the hard work worth while.

Thanks to Eric, Juliet and all of the people who helped...we pulled it off!

There is still a lot more riding to be had at the 1100. We'll be adding more trails and terrain in new areas soon.

I just wish I could take today off...I'm wooped!

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

"iz spellz dis way on porpose!" :-p

#577817 - 02/23/15 03:29 PM Re: 1100 Hare Scramble Race Help+Preride This Weekend [Re: Kenzo]
Nacho Nate Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Katy Texas
The race course you guys and gals built was SUPREME! Somewhere on the first lap I nearly puked in my helmet, started cussing at the people who built the course, then just started laughing at it. Checked my watch, I was only 20 minutes into it LOL still had a long way to go. It was brutal and technical, but thats why it was so mucho fun. The off camber ant hills were awesome. That track forced riders to ride smart and smooth. Lets go back there and do the course again in the next couple weeks, but at night just for a 2 lap trail ride. The final drop into the quarry should be named Niagra Falls. I just kept telling myself, dont fall in front of all these people! A+ course.

thanks FMF Acerbis MSR TwinAir MotionPro RaceTech Vortex Renthal Scott FactoryEffex Odi

#577821 - 02/23/15 04:32 PM Re: 1100 Hare Scramble Race Help+Preride This Weekend [Re: Nacho Nate]
GoFaster Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
It was surely not for the faint of heart.
#509 KTM 300XCW & Husky 300
If your not living life on the edge, then you are taking up too much space.

#577822 - 02/23/15 04:44 PM Re: 1100 Hare Scramble Race Help+Preride This Weekend [Re: Nacho Nate]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Loc: Clear Lake City
Originally Posted By: Nacho Nate
The race course you guys and gals built was SUPREME! Somewhere on the first lap I nearly puked in my helmet, started cussing at the people who built the course, then just started laughing at it. Checked my watch, I was only 20 minutes into it LOL still had a long way to go. It was brutal and technical, but thats why it was so mucho fun. The off camber ant hills were awesome. That track forced riders to ride smart and smooth. Lets go back there and do the course again in the next couple weeks, but at night just for a 2 lap trail ride. The final drop into the quarry should be named Niagra Falls. I just kept telling myself, dont fall in front of all these people! A+ course.

Maybe run it backwards...

It skeerd the crap outta me just watching Eric go UP that wall!

I'll take the long easy way, thank you. smile

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

"iz spellz dis way on porpose!" :-p

#577827 - 02/23/15 05:42 PM Re: 1100 Hare Scramble Race Help+Preride This Weekend [Re: Kenzo]
BIZZZARE Moderator Offline
Bizarre Czar

Loc: Friendswood,TX
My 1'st lap, I was thinking that I never want to ride in this place ever again. But on the second lap, I realized what was coming up next, and it all started to flow. I was doing very well in my class, then I noticed the fluid spilling on my crotch was not camelback water, but gas. I had lost my gascap ! I was ready for another lap or 2 !
#414 TRH,TORCS,EVO,XTREME,and any other series

#577828 - 02/23/15 06:14 PM Re: 1100 Hare Scramble Race Help+Preride This Weekend [Re: BIZZZARE]
Reed68 Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Houston, TX. Spring Branch
Yes it was awesome. What a great course. My 1st lap I was following Lynn through the off camber ant hills and I veered left too much and my bike fell into a wash out. Took me a while to get it out it was just spinning. Finally was able to launch it onto the trail. My 2nd lap I fell on an up hill. My bike died and didn't want to start. I was there for what seemed like 5 minutes kicking on it. I had to pick up the bike and move it left so I had some footing to get a good kick on it. Finally got it started but I was winded. It took me a good half a lap to start picking up speed again. My 3rd lap I was starting to figure some things out and by my 4th I finally had a good lap with no mistakes. What a challenging course but so much fun. Thanks!!!

AMA Member

#577840 - 02/23/15 08:31 PM Re: 1100 Hare Scramble Race Help+Preride This Weekend [Re: Reed68]
Pullenmefinger Offline
Super Shopper

Loc: Webster, TX
I would like to thanks all the workers who came out and helped clean, mark, score and marshall the course. Also the guys who came out and helped me shovel some dirt around to make the impossible, possible.

If anyone zero'd out their odometer before the start I would really like to know your actual mileage just as a reference. I don't have an odometer on my bike so the 8.5 came from an online mapping software.
TORCS TRH #49
www.trh-cycle.org - www.cyclegear.com - www.cycleshacknorth.com - www.houstonyamaha.com - www.rockymountainatv.com

#577848 - 02/23/15 10:02 PM Re: 1100 Hare Scramble Race Help+Preride This Weekend [Re: Pullenmefinger]
GoFaster Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
That's REAL close. I think mine was 8.2

Thanks again for all your hard work starting from scratch.

Ron
#509 KTM 300XCW & Husky 300
If your not living life on the edge, then you are taking up too much space.

#577865 - 02/24/15 12:11 AM Re: 1100 Hare Scramble Race Help+Preride This Weekend [Re: GoFaster]
JulietPeters Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Magnolia,Texas
People have shared some great pictures up on the TRH TRAIL RIDERS of HOUSTON face book page.

#577866 - 02/24/15 01:27 AM Re: 1100 Hare Scramble Race Help+Preride This Weekend [Re: JulietPeters]
-Jake- Offline

What a trail! I was the idiot on the TW200 aka 'little big wheel'. I never dreamed the trail would have been that intense. I threw in the towel at around mile 4. I was wore out on that tractor. Sorry guys if I slowed you up on one of the 50 hill climbs I got stuck on. Thanks to Dr. D too I wore him out and felt bad I probably wouldn't of made it without his help!!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  BIZZZARE, Grouser, Kenzo 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub