TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#575719 - 12/19/14 01:00 AM Happy New Year!
JulietPeters Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Magnolia,Texas
Happy New Year to Y'all! May it be a great year of fun rides & races!

Attachments
Eleven Hundred & Skull Creek News.pdf (7 downloads)

#575723 - 12/19/14 01:43 AM Re: NEWSFLASH! THE ELEVEN HUNDRED & SKULL CREEK [Re: JulietPeters]
mcguyver Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Outstanding news!...Thank you Juliet. I will be out for the work day 01/17, will be racing 01/25, and wish to renew to join the new property.

Regards,
George Miller
AKA McGuyver

#575733 - 12/19/14 04:39 PM Re: NEWSFLASH! THE ELEVEN HUNDRED & SKULL CREEK [Re: mcguyver]
Nacho Nate Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Katy Texas
AWESOME news about the new property!!

Can someone from the TRH board clarify a few things:

1. Does the $445 for 1100 membership, also include TRH membership

2. Does primitive camping mean tents only or will there be space for campers/RVs etc?

3. Can current Skull members ride at "1100" in early January
on any day, or will we only get the chance to see the property on the work day and 1st race day? I would like to see the place befofe dropping $445.

4. How does the new place compare to skull? (does it have any hills, room to build single track trails, is it much smaller than skull etc)

5. Where is it?? Why so vague. I dont trust when people say "its just a few miles". Especially enduro riders! They normally know stuff down to the tenth of a mile at least! LOl I just wanted to check the place on google maps or something similar. See what it looked like in mapview. How many actual miles from skull, or can someone circle the property on a map and post to the forum.

6. Is this property just a 1 yr deal or multiyear contract with the owner? I ask because it should affect how much money the club dumps into the new place to build facilities.

Thanks!
Nate

thanks FMF Acerbis MSR TwinAir MotionPro RaceTech Vortex Renthal Scott FactoryEffex Odi

#575739 - 12/19/14 07:46 PM Re: NEWSFLASH! THE ELEVEN HUNDRED & SKULL CREEK [Re: Nacho Nate]
Irishcoffee Online   content
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: TEXAS
Working---non working???

#575755 - 12/19/14 11:49 PM Re: NEWSFLASH! THE ELEVEN HUNDRED & SKULL CREEK [Re: Irishcoffee]
Lumberjack Offline
AMSA President

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
Woods? As in tree's or is it like West Texas No Tree's?

#575761 - 12/20/14 05:48 AM Re: NEWSFLASH! THE ELEVEN HUNDRED & SKULL CREEK [Re: Lumberjack]
Grouser Moderator Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Houston
There's some photos of the new property on the TRH Facebook page. If you're not a "friend" send a Facebook request to be added.

-Lee
Sponsor: Tejas Motorsports http://www.tejasmotorsports.com/
Sponsor: Bay Area Raceway http://bayarearaceway.com/

#575768 - 12/20/14 09:19 PM Re: NEWSFLASH! THE ELEVEN HUNDRED & SKULL CREEK [Re: Nacho Nate]
Ice Man Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Katy, TX
Nate,

I'll try to answer some of your questions in order and others may be able to help.

1. I think so but am not positive at this time
2. bring tents, campers, etc. There are no public utilities or facilities such as toilets, power, etc.
3. I am sure the club will find a way to let you see the property
4. I haven't been there but have seen pics and heard lots of sand and elevation.
5. As the crow flies, the NW corner of this property is 1 mile south from the SW corner of Skull Creek.
6. We are working through the lease details and that will follow. I would imagine that it will be short term.

Overall, I think we are lucky to have a place to ride. I don't know if this is the answer to our needs but it sure is better than sitting in the garage staring at my dirt bike on the weekends.

Toby
Kyle '14 KTM 250xc '08 CRF 450R #215
Terri '07 CRF230F
Toby - '04 YZ250 , '10 KTM 300 XC-W #394

#575769 - 12/20/14 10:23 PM Re: NEWSFLASH! THE ELEVEN HUNDRED & SKULL CREEK [Re: Ice Man]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Loc: Clear Lake City
Nate, you ask an awful lot of questions! :p

The pricing in the release/email includes the $45 TRH Membership. You ether plan on and do your work days or get a nonworking membership.

Primitive Camping means no electricity or water, we will get PortaCans out there. BYOB

No Free Riding until insurance is sorted out. Eric & I will probably be out there next weekend working race prep. We may be bribed into a quick tour. Again no free riding and no marked trails at this time.

It's 1100 acres of mined property and the miners are gone. No woods riding...go to the SHNF, although there are a few trees. A bunch of grass track with attitude, not a flat field. Two large bowls(Lunar Dune-ish) but gravely sand, not fine wash sand. One bowl has a 200 yard long 40 foot wall and the other is a free rider/big air guys heaven. The largest mined section I've been calling the Badlands is desert like, long fast stuff, technical stuff with huge spoil mountains/climbs and scrub willow trees. The 1100 has a bunch of potential.

It's just over a five minute drive from Skull Creek south on 71. If you go to the SW corner of Skull Creek(Windmill) and look due south you'll see two huge mining spoils...that's it.

Our options are open with the property that's why it's so important everyone follows the rules at Skull Creek and not endanger +150 families riding and camping privileges.

Cheers

Edited by Kenzo (12/20/14 10:40 PM)
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

"iz spellz dis way on porpose!" :-p

#575784 - 12/21/14 03:57 PM Re: NEWSFLASH! THE ELEVEN HUNDRED & SKULL CREEK [Re: Kenzo]
Nacho Nate Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Katy Texas
Thanks for the info gents.
40 foot "wall"? I want a shot at that climb!!

thanks FMF Acerbis MSR TwinAir MotionPro RaceTech Vortex Renthal Scott FactoryEffex Odi

#575792 - 12/22/14 01:47 AM Re: NEWSFLASH! THE ELEVEN HUNDRED & SKULL CREEK [Re: Nacho Nate]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Loc: Clear Lake City
Originally Posted By: Nacho Nate
Thanks for the info gents.
40 foot "wall"? I want a shot at that climb!!

You better start with the drop-in Nate...at least gravity is your friend! :p

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

"iz spellz dis way on porpose!" :-p

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BIZZZARE, Grouser, Kenzo 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub