TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
RLE, Tracks2012, udonozega, ihekucig, 01KXOneTwo5
23165 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 71 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23165 Members
50 Forums
38017 Topics
248880 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
2022 KTM 250 XC TPI just 3 hrs
by POZOS
11/04/22 03:29 PM
2021 cobra 50 fwe
by Leecooperupton
11/04/22 05:40 AM
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#513481 - 09/26/11 01:17 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: TTUGrad95]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

Loc: Arlington, Tx
Really? A bad rep? Im not on this guys property and have permission to ride the area im in already. State law says private property should have some sort of sign posted or something to that effect if you want people to stay off. Look it up bro. People have been out there for years riding. 100's of people. Not just me.

#522014 - 01/05/12 03:41 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
673raptor Offline

Loc: mansfield,tx
has anyone been out to the 360 trails lately i was wondering if people where still going out there or not?

#522298 - 01/09/12 12:40 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: 673raptor]
selfdestruct80 Offline

I went out this past saturday evening off the old entrance from great southwest, and it was gated and locked shut with a sign "private property - no trespassing" Not sure what happened in the interim from the last time I was out there a few months ago, but looks like its now officially closed. Unless you take an alternate route in... Anyone been going out there anyways?

#522696 - 01/12/12 10:58 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: selfdestruct80]
selfdestruct80 Offline

Not sure who the landowner is or if anyone else knows. But If the property has been used for 30 years as some claim for offroading then i'm sure the owner never really minded us using the property. I think the problem comes from the criminal activity surrounding the area, stole cars, drugs, trash, and what not. If someone knows the owner then couldn't a deal be worked out where the property is cleaned by volunteers once per month, and the gates are closed during night to avoid illegal car dumping? Seems like this would be a win win, we would get a great spot back in the middle of the DFW, and the property will be upkept and free of trash. Just making a suggestion. Seems like everyone wants to claim rights to something but not really do any of the dirty work to keep it up. There is an offroad mountain bike community that does just this. They create and maintain biking trails around the DFW area on public and private land. They host volunteer weekends to clean up and mow the trails. Why can't this be done for the 360 trails?

#525277 - 02/04/12 05:28 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: selfdestruct80]
slo Offline

From what I have been able to gather, there is more than one owner for the land on the West side of Hwy 360 going over to Euless Main St. I have not done any research on the land to the East. I also have not been to these trails, but I am in the process of trying to establish contact with one of the owners of the majority of the land. If I can get contact with the ACTUAL OWNER, I am going to try and get the plans for the property and also see if something can be worked out to give permission in exchange for maintaining the area and ensuring nothing is dumped or damaged on the property. I have also sent 360Trailsman a message to see if he can verify who he maintains the area for and this will let me know if he really is appointed to take care of the property or not. I will update when I have more info.

#525468 - 02/06/12 02:08 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: slo]
slo Offline

This is what I have gathered. The vast majority of the land is owned by HC Viridian Investments, L.P. There is one small 9 acre tract of land owned by an individual back in there somewhere and that could be this 360Trailsman guy. I sent some emails trying to work out a deal for access if we had volunteers to keep the area clean and even offered to pay a land use fee. This is the response I received.

We appreciate your inquiry, but we would NOT be interested in allowing the use of the property for ANY access or off-road vehicles. We have spent 5 years securing the property by posting ‘No trespassing’ signs and locking all gates, sometimes on a daily basis. The gates, chains and locks have all been replaced many times in the last few years, due to vandals and trespassers. The signs have been removed and/or destroyed --often. Any help in getting the word out to the community, would be truly appreciated.

The police have issued tickets and often arrested trespassers for continued violations. Two weeks ago, no less than 50 tickets were issued by the Arlington Police on this site. So, please, let the community know this is not an area which access is allowed.

Best Regards,

Sue Blankenship

As you can see here, this is the ACTUAL OWNERS of the property and they do not want anybody back there. Personally I have not been there and now I will not go. I would advise everyone to stop going here, but that is only my advice. I wouldn't want to chance getting cited or arrested. I told Sue that I would spread the word. I would appreciate it if any of you other mature off-roaders out there would copy this email and spread the word also. I'm not sure of what the plans for the property are, but maybe if we do what they wish and stop vandalizing and trespassing on their property, there could be something worked out in the future. Sorry guys, but I tried... Guess I'll start looking into some of the closer places outside of the DFW area...

#525478 - 02/06/12 03:00 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: slo]
slo Offline

Adding to the other info... I've unfortunately learned that the land is going to be done away with basically. It is all going to be developed into a community and you can find more info here at these links:

http://www.huffinescommunities.com/comm-viridian.aspx

http://viridiandfw.com/

This is unfortunate...

#532340 - 04/03/12 10:57 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: slo]
selfdestruct80 Offline

Thanks for looking into it. Is the east side still ok? Dont care to go offroading really. Just want to go fishing lol

#563548 - 11/26/13 02:50 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: selfdestruct80]
Thunderbyu Offline

I was a patron back when 360 was active - Now the WED. night before Thanksgiving was a event ! I am curious if anyone plans on going there this 11\27\13 ??? There are all kinds of active trails and such. I went out there 11\23\13 and I was surprised at how many off-road vehicles were at the river crossing.;

#563658 - 11/28/13 06:42 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Thunderbyu]
jefe69 Offline
Gang Member

Loc: DFW
Where are people parking?

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program