TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#543130 - 10/01/12 04:31 PM Camping on the beach
tracetrimble Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Austin
I'm looking for input on camping on the beach in an RV at Port A. Been down there many times, but never with an RV.

Is it even fun, or is it better to stay somewhere a bit inland? Seems like it's good to be able to get away from the salt spray periodically.

How easy is it to get stuck? I have a ~11k lbs loaded 30' dual axle bumper pull, and a 3/4 ton 4x4. I've had to use 4x4 just driving around on the beach there in the past, so I'm pretty concerned about this.

Can you run a generator overnight? Would a nice generator be in danger of being stolen? I chain it to the rig at night, but still...

How far south do you have to go to ride a dirtbike on the beach without being hassled? Can you drive golf carts on the beach legally?
TORCS #598 Open A, KTM 300XC
www.powersportparts.net #iridedunlop #lucaslegion #twinair #leatt #spyoptic #hookit

#543171 - 10/02/12 02:13 PM Re: Camping on the beach [Re: tracetrimble]
Forrest_Thump Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX
You have to be street legal to be anywhere on the beach, no matter how far down. The boy scouts, I mean Park Rangers, will ticket you in a second. The days of dirt biking on North and South Padre are over......but you can always try!

#558845 - 08/01/13 04:04 AM Re: Camping on the beach [Re: Forrest_Thump]
DCS978 Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Thats true Trace.. We go down there all the time. Anything on th ebeach has to be street legal. There are plenty of areas to just stop and camp without getting stuck but my opinion is at a RV park close to the beach so you can get away from the salt some of the time.

Moderator:  SBR_Racing 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub