TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#551135 - 02/11/13 02:40 AM Re: combined series [Re: liss]
ktm250mike Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Euless, Tx
It wasn't directed at your comment Liss. I knew what you were talking about. As far as Bri goes. Well lets just say I'm glad I don't have to race against her. (I will be trying to keep up with her before this year is over I'm sure.)

Now back on topic. I don't think that the track design has anything to do with trying to fit all the tracks in one piece of property since we had a few tracks last year that were like this one we raced this weekend and we didn't have a combined race. We all know that TORN is a business and I'm sure it's a business they would love to keep running for a while. So if you really want something changed I would suggest you talk to Cross personally and offer your suggestions. I'm sure he would be more then willing to take any kind of feedback he can get.

396 black
872 Red ladies Exp

Thanks go to my wife, without her race weekend wouldn't happen for us.
Sponsors: Advocare ( Racewithchampions.com)
Action Motorsports.

#551138 - 02/11/13 07:11 AM Re: combined series [Re: ktm250mike]
jbg Offline
Gang Boss

I personally don't see what the problem is, I think the family does an excellent job and this series has become our favorite. I think all of the racers are part of great families just trying to make every $$ count and there isn't a better series that gives you the bang for the buck than TORN. Free product is great nut I like the free membership better! Thanks TORN carry on...

#551143 - 02/11/13 08:46 AM Re: combined series [Re: Foozer]
Orange Crush Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Fort Worth,Texas
Last year the 52B had a combine total of approximately 4 riders. Saturday we lined up 16. Made it intresting to say the least. However I do agree about the 4 wheelers; nothing against them I just believe they should have their own event. And as far as the trophy thing goes a piece of plexi glass (REALLY?)
I dont care about the big kids but the little guys will look back on this one day and I hope they have something nicer to show for it. Ya'll started it, and thats my two cents.
Trevor Torn Blue 969

#551284 - 02/12/13 10:43 AM Re: combined series [Re: Foozer]
bddKTM521 Offline
TON Member

Loc: Haslet, Tx
Really....you have to start this up again? You can't just get along? This series, just like all the other local series are a hobby for everyone. All of this racing is a money pit for you and your hobby, it is a business only for TORN. Before the QUADS, the track was still only about 5 miles for the bikes, so no difference. We on the other hand were use to tracks 8-12 miles long with ATVCCS, but hey, we know that is a LOT of gruelling work and the quads are just fat happy there is any venue to race. No complaints from us, just happy to be here. I have been doing this for 20+ years on quads, I'm tired, worn out and broken up, and have seen a lot of changes over the decades. The economy is really terrible right now so numbers will be down, its ok, it'll get better again some day, just enjoy your hobby while you physically and financially still can.
Thank you TORN for giving us a venue.
KTM #521 O/40 Exp. TORN Series
Action Motorsports
Northwest Roofing
WHEN IT DOUBT....GAS IT!

#551310 - 02/12/13 12:57 PM Re: combined series [Re: bddKTM521]
junkman Offline
Gang Member

Loc: arlington
I was talking to a tucker rocky rep that was telling me that alot of the local support has dried up to help pay the top riders since the factories have slowly started to pull support.Prime example Bubba stewart is no longer employed by Tucker Rocky and that alone free's up a couple of million in there bugdet! Just my 2 cents But nobody seams to know how they will spend it yet.

#551329 - 02/12/13 02:43 PM Re: combined series [Re: bddKTM521]
liss Offline
Gang Mom

Loc: LOVING,TEXAS
Originally Posted By: bddKTM521
Really....you have to start this up again? You can't just get along? This series, just like all the other local series are a hobby for everyone. All of this racing is a money pit for you and your hobby, it is a business only for TORN. Before the QUADS, the track was still only about 5 miles for the bikes, so no difference. We on the other hand were use to tracks 8-12 miles long with ATVCCS, but hey, we know that is a LOT of gruelling work and the quads are just fat happy there is any venue to race. No complaints from us, just happy to be here. I have been doing this for 20+ years on quads, I'm tired, worn out and broken up, and have seen a lot of changes over the decades. The economy is really terrible right now so numbers will be down, its ok, it'll get better again some day, just enjoy your hobby while you physically and financially still can.
Thank you TORN for giving us a venue.

"like" we really need a like button on here

Sponsor:
Week's Muffler Bearings and Powerbands

Mom of:
Kate 815 R
Buddy 15 lb
many many others I claim
Grandma of:
Josie..strider class #15
Brynn.... future racer

#551335 - 02/12/13 03:26 PM Re: combined series [Re: liss]
ridered Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: peaster, tx
Yep I did need to, it sounds like your tracks are suffering also. Their are many people that feel the way I do. I just speak up thats all

#551337 - 02/12/13 03:48 PM Re: combined series [Re: Foozer]
mrnitro Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Boyd, Texas
#1 well id wineing if my friends stop racing with me too! #2 some people just change their minds on what they want to do with their time."I can't even imagine that"!!but they do! #3 I also think there would be more sportsman riders on saterday if they all raced then ,Like minnies,then proze then all sportsmen .#4 Then on sunday old people early (after we take our meds for our artherydious,apply bengay and so on) before it gets to hot (you know hart atacks,heat strokes)!I have been riding 40 years and seen alot , this is still a relativly new orgination(like my spelling)still working out the Bugs.So give them all a break and dont bug'em! its hard to put on a event like that over&over again and still keep everybody happy all the time.
Hope to see ya'll ALL again .Next stop T.C.C.R.A.and back here . Texas Ironman dont miss out !
TORN
#701 Over 58
#103 250 Lites
TCCRA
S301 OVER 59

#551344 - 02/12/13 04:24 PM Re: combined series [Re: mrnitro]
ridered Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: peaster, tx
Its funny. This went from just my opinion on having combined races to almost a pissing contest..lol
I have nothing against the people that race atv's or Curtis, Angie, or Cross I think they are very good people. I would like for this series to be around for a long time to come, but you also need to give people a reason to spend a lot of money on racing your series.

#551350 - 02/12/13 06:13 PM Re: combined series [Re: ridered]
liss Offline
Gang Mom

Loc: LOVING,TEXAS
eh I don't think anyone turned it into a pissing contest. It's just that you could of started a thread about which is better a yamaha with a kenda tire or a honda with a dunlop. really there is no winner or better opinion. I am just glad you have an opinion and are not afraid to speak up!

Sponsor:
Week's Muffler Bearings and Powerbands

Mom of:
Kate 815 R
Buddy 15 lb
many many others I claim
Grandma of:
Josie..strider class #15
Brynn.... future racer

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Torn_Racing 

Texas Offroad Network