TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#548355 - 12/23/12 07:39 PM Re: What kind of races would you like to see in 2013? [Re: lynnbailey24]
Lumberjack Offline
Trail Blazer

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
I would like to help with TRH and do a AMSA/TRH or TRH/AMSA event in the Bastrop Rockne area. Let me know?

-Larry & Kyle

#548382 - 12/24/12 04:30 PM Re: What kind of races would you like to see in 2013? [Re: Airwolf__32]
EnduroRdr Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Tomball TX
Originally Posted By: Airwolf__32
Out of curiosity, are there any series you know of that still run time-keeping events?

Yea, it looks like the majority is wanting a mix of both, but Harescrambles seems to have the larger popularity. IMO, Enduro's are simply just a series of harescrambles without having seen the course before.

There are still a few series around the country that will put on some time keepers - mostly to keep us old farts from complaining.

BJEC is in OK, MO, AR and is one series that still does a few. SERA in LA, MS, AL usually does 1 or 2. (but it is fading fast) - be glad you have some TRH folks that are willing to endure (pardon the pun) the extra effort to do TK's for you.
And if you have never volunteered to work - do it! Its a humbling experience and will give you a new appreciation for the workers that do this so YOU can ride em!

BTW - Thanks to those that work so hard to keep trails open and our sport alive!

#550254 - 01/29/13 06:07 PM Re: What kind of races would you like to see in 2013? [Re: bam300xc]
Pullenmefinger Offline
Super Shopper

Loc: Webster, TX
Originally Posted By: bam300xc
Originally Posted By: redflash
One thing I loved about the old "timekeeper" family enduro is that it kept speeds down on the morning loop and allowed parents to ride with their kids in a semi competitive atmosphere. I don't know how you would enforce that in a restart format?

I guess you'd have to have a separate kids race like now.

Great point! I was one of those kids and I loved being able to ride with my dad in a "race". Priceless memories.

I remember my 1st TRH Enduro (1988/89) with my dad (and twin brother) next to me on the starting line racing the Beginner class. (my 2nd TK enduro) We rode together for the 1st 10ft or so, then my brother and I checked out. We raced each other turn to turn and the first one to the check won that section. I remember sitting there with row 1 at the halfway point refueling stop, wondering why everyone was sitting around and not racing. We got bored/impatient and took off again. We started on Row 26 and my brother was the 1st to finish. I ended up clipping a tree and blowing out my ACL somewhere in the middle of the second half. I don't really remember my dad ever explaining the TK Enduro Rules to us, but that doesn't mean he didn't try. We were 13/14 and just wanted to go fast. My brother was the 1st to finish but they weren't even set-up because he was so early. I waited out in the woods 30 min. or so for my dad to come putting along. Supposedly he was on his minute and I ruined his race. But I did finally end up riding with my dad. I hoped on the back of his bike and he rode me out so I could get medical attention.

Found out later that my brother and I had been disqualified (houred out) by the 2nd check. To this day that was some of the most fun I had ever had.

Thanks Dad!
TORCS TRH #49
www.trh-cycle.org - www.cyclegear.com - www.cycleshacknorth.com - www.houstonyamaha.com - www.rockymountainatv.com

#550258 - 01/29/13 08:11 PM Re: What kind of races would you like to see in 2013? [Re: Pullenmefinger]
CaD11 Offline
Kenzo Jr.

Loc: Middle, Onowhere
^^cool story bro
No no thats really cool. We need to do some time keepers!
TORCS-#11 450A, Sport A
Tscec- AA

#550343 - 01/30/13 08:26 PM Re: What kind of races would you like to see in 2013? [Re: CaD11]
steve333 Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: katy,tx
Eric, I know about that racing with the brother thing and only riding with you own kids compare. In the good ol' days you had a watch and watched for mileage markers, if you were lucky your bike had a speedometer and odo on it. (dang I miss those Honda SL's) I may (notice it says may) step up and chair an event. Do like we did back in the 70's run to your bike thats facing backwards and everyone has to wear jeans and open face helmets
Torcs #333
team "Mach 5" Steve Torcs 333 , Charles torcs 233, Sarah 337(torc's) MACH ann's
The Annoying Thing

#550422 - 01/31/13 06:02 PM Re: What kind of races would you like to see in 2013? [Re: steve333]
Pullenmefinger Offline
Super Shopper

Loc: Webster, TX
Open face helmets might be a little dangerous, but I think my old Open Face Shoei is still hanging around somewhere and a JT Jofa Mouth guard. We need to retro-fit metal tanks and lock out our suspension to really get the true effect.
TORCS TRH #49
www.trh-cycle.org - www.cyclegear.com - www.cycleshacknorth.com - www.houstonyamaha.com - www.rockymountainatv.com

#550499 - 02/01/13 02:34 PM Re: What kind of races would you like to see in 2013? [Re: Pullenmefinger]
steve333 Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: katy,tx
open helmets had a shield and dust was just a part of riding. Bark busters were for sissy's. you had to lace up your boots or wear dingo boots and gloves came in one color tan with foam outlines on the fingers, camel back we a canteen, Thankgoodness for technology
Torcs #333
team "Mach 5" Steve Torcs 333 , Charles torcs 233, Sarah 337(torc's) MACH ann's
The Annoying Thing

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  BIZZZARE, Grouser, Kenzo 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up