TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Topic Options
#546366 - 11/21/12 12:15 PM "The John Penton Story-Narrated by Lyle Lovett"
Todd Huffman Offline

Hi all,

My name is Todd Huffman, from "The Motocross Files" TV show. I hope you all are getting ready for a nice Thanksgiving Day weekend.

We have a new project that we are trying to get off the ground that needs everyone's help who loves motorcycles, dirt bikes, KTM's etc...."The John Penton Story.

This is a documentary about the man and family who developed the modern day KTM motorcycle and changed motorcycling in America and the world forever. Our good friend and a fellow Texan for you all (sorry, I'm from California) Grammy winner Lyle Lovett has agree to the be the narrator for the film.

If you don't know, Lyle used to race motocross and worked in a Penton dealership in Texas at age 14!

We are utilizing a unique way to raise production funds for the movie called Kickstarter.com. Everyone can be involved with as little as a $1.00 pledge and we have some great rewards for pledges at $10.00 or more.

Plus if we don't raise the entire project amount, no one has to pay. We have less than 60 days for this campaign to be successful so please, consider pledging and spread the word.

We will also be sending "Certificates of Support" PDF files to backers if we reach our goal BEFORE Christmas to use as a great stocking stuffer gift in some one's name.

There already is a lot of great support from folks in Texas and we hope you all can join us.

Here is the link to the project with a lot more info, backer reward levels and a video about the project:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toddhuffman/the-john-penton-story-narrated-by-lyle-lovett-rela

Again, have a nice holiday and we hope some of you are goin' riding...I am.

Best,

Todd Huffman, Producer

#546415 - 11/22/12 12:52 AM Re: "The John Penton Story-Narrated by Lyle Lovett" [Re: Todd Huffman]
Bobby Administrator Offline
Head Honcho

Loc: Spring, Texas

I've helped fund several Kickstarter projects, so I can vouch that this website is legitimate and the projects it helps provide support for do indeed get funded and produced. The donations are not charged on your credit card until after the "goal" is met...and unfortunately, if it is not met, the project does not get a partial funding. It is an all or nothing deal.

The Penton design and quality of manufacture changed everything... and I don't know about you, but as a kid turning 15 in 1970, it changed my life by creating mass appeal of moto-sports in America.

I'm a supporter of "The John Penton Story" on Kickstarter...

#547074 - 12/02/12 07:40 PM Re: "The John Penton Story-Narrated by Lyle Lovett" [Re: Bobby]
Lumberjack Offline
Trail Blazer

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
I remember when I was a kid in high school and my two best friends, Brian Davis and Steve Roberts, rode Penton's. I rode a Honda (sorry).

I would go with them to Cycle Shack to get parts ... often. While they were getting parts, advice, other stuff .... I would sit with Lyle while he worked on bikes. Who would have thunk it that he would be a super star one day???

Years later I am at A&M. I was on a VERY limited budget. I would put a peppermint candy in a gallon of water over night and that would be my "soda".

The local Ihop had a night that you could eat all you could eat for something less than $2. We would all go to those almost free eatings and who else than Lyle would be there starting out. He was different, and as you know he is today. I loved him then, and I love him today. Unfortunately for Lyle, the movie Animal House came out and the thought of "food fight" was not good with a guy who had a different type of singing in a farming town. So .... often times the pancakes w/ syrup started flying and well you guess the rest. Lyle went through some tough times, but, he endured and he is where is is today.

I think that in a similar way, but different way, enduro's are the same. Lyle endured the pain to get to where is is today. Gotta admire the man.

-Larry

#547182 - 12/03/12 08:24 PM Re: "The John Penton Story-Narrated by Lyle Lovett" [Re: Lumberjack]
FlyinBrianBland Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: College Station, TX
Great story, I came to A&M in the late 80's after he graduated but Lyle would come to town alot and we would see him at the Chicken or Dudley's. One night he was at the Chicken and someone went out to their truck and brought in a guitar, he gladly played it and sang 'The Porch' and a few others. I was hooked on his music from there on, being from Louisiana, he kind of introduced me to Texas in a way. BB

Moderator:  pentonrider 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page