TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#538031 - 06/11/12 09:14 AM SNAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Loc: Clear Lake City
Don't be alarmed if you see a large "snaaaaake!" in camp or fall from the trees in the campgrounds at Skull Creek.

Brian was sitting around the campground when he saw something fall from a tree out of the corner of his eye and heard a thud...he thought "no freak'n way!"...way! Eeeeek!

It's a six foot plus bull snake...totally harmless but skeery just the same.

We approched it and it just ignored us and whent on it's way looking for food and/or a place to spend the night.

I strongly suggest that all harmless nonpoisonous snakes be left alone to eat mice a pests around the camp. This keeps the mice population down so the is less likely poisonous varity(copperheads and rattlesnakes) will come into camp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullsnake

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

"iz spellz dis way on porpose!" :-p

#538035 - 06/11/12 09:31 AM Re: SNAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Kenzo]
JulietPeters Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Magnolia,Texas
Kenny: I strongly suggest that all harmless nonpoisonous snakes be left alone to eat mice a pests around the camp. This keeps the mice population down so the is less likely poisonous varity(copperheads and rattlesnakes) will come into camp.
grin
Kenny's excuse for not killing it because he was too scared!

#538038 - 06/11/12 09:37 AM Re: SNAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: JulietPeters]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Originally Posted By: JulietPeters
Kenny: I strongly suggest that all harmless nonpoisonous snakes be left alone to eat mice a pests around the camp. This keeps the mice population down so the is less likely poisonous varity(copperheads and rattlesnakes) will come into camp.
grin
Kenny's excuse for not killing it because he was too scared!

Naw...

...we had the "equipment" to "dispatch" it from a distance.

That being said we gave it a pretty wide berth.

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

#538041 - 06/11/12 10:10 AM Re: SNAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Kenzo]
Ice Man Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Katy, TX
yeah, I remember my encounter with one of those rat snakes about 2 years ago. I thought I would convince it to leave the campground by prodding it with a long piece of steel. It decided it was going to convince me to leave by coming up the steel at me. That was the first time I've ever been chased by a snake, needless to say, I gave ground and was the topic of a few good laughs. I am still conviced that they chase the frickin rats down instead of waiting for them to get near. I found out later that this particular snake was on it's den, thus the reason to come at me. I've encountered them elsewhere on the property and for the most part, they will avoid contact with humans unless you provoke them.
Kyle '14 KTM 250xc '08 CRF 450R #215
Terri '07 CRF230F
Toby - '04 YZ250 , '10 KTM 300 XC-W #394

#538053 - 06/11/12 11:09 AM Re: SNAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Ice Man]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

I happened up on one about 1/3 this one's size streched across the trail...

...at first I though it was a rattlesnake due to it's markings...so I stopped.

When it finally decided to move it shot up a small tree on the edge of the trail, it turned around and sat there giving me the stink eye!

Eeek!
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

#538057 - 06/11/12 11:51 AM Re: SNAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Kenzo]
CaD11 Offline
Kenzo Jr.

Loc: Middle, Onowhere
that is a HUGE FREAKING SNAKE!!!!!! My mom probably wont come to skull creek now.... haha
Can we keep it as a pet????
TORCS-#11 450A, Sport A
Tscec- AA

#538060 - 06/11/12 12:04 PM Re: SNAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: CaD11]
BIZZZARE Moderator Offline
Bizarre Czar

Loc: Friendswood,TX
I probably saw the same critter one night. He was coming out of a large knothole in a tree. It was right next to the campsite #1, by the road.It was just getting dark, and I was about 3 foot away from it, while talking on my phone. He kinda caught me off guard!
#414 TRH,TORCS,EVO,XTREME,and any other series

#538129 - 06/12/12 09:24 AM Re: SNAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: BIZZZARE]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Originally Posted By: BIZZZARE
I probably saw the same critter one night. He was coming out of a large knothole in a tree. It was right next to the campsite #3, by the road.It was just getting dark, and I was about 3 foot away from it, while talking on my phone. He kinda caught me off guard!

Actually it fell from one tree, slithered to another tree, climbed it(pictured), started into a big knothole before I messed with him and he decided to climb further up the tree...maybe we found his home in that knothole?

That would be handy if we want to put him in Juliet's(or someone elses) tent in the future. :-p

Bwaahahahaaa....

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

#538180 - 06/13/12 01:25 PM Re: SNAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Kenzo]
Lumberjack Offline
Trail Blazer

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
True story .... a group of us were riding at the Milano property about 8 or 9 years ago. At that time we had cattle guards to ride across. My sons 70 had to be lifted over it. They were not made very well. I stopped to help him and he said he could do it. So I did not get off my bike. About that time I "thought" a stick, a heavy stick, had dropped out of the tree on my back ....... BUT WAIT, THE STICK IS MOVING!!!! I never ever got off my bike so fast! Surprised I did not have a heart attack because it caught me off guard so bad.

Kyle thought it was hilarious.

The rest of the group rode up and we watched it climb up a fence post and then up into the nearest tree limb. It was about 4 feet long.

Better than 10 cups of coffee to wake you up!!!

I had a rat snake that I rescued. It was completely covered in ticks. Yes, snakes can get infested with ticks. So I took it to a vet and nursed it back to health and got rid of all the ticks. They are harmless but meaner than cat sh__ if you mess with them too much like grabbing them. They are very strong. I ended up letting it go in a friends old barn that was infested with mice and rats. That snake still lives there and can occasionally be seen on rafters in the barn. He is much longer and fatter than when I let him go. My friend says there are allot less mice and rats now too!

Keep it as a camp ground pet. Great rodent control.

#538381 - 06/18/12 07:02 PM Re: SNAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Lumberjack]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Well we saw another snake in the trees...it was only about half the size of the first one pictured above.

Also saw my first gator out at Skull Creek..."ankle biter" 5-6 footer. It was to far away for a decent picture.

Eric was working hard a securing the next Fly'n W Award last weekend...he tried to waterskip his quad across Skull Creek! You've got your work cut out for you if you plan on taking it away from him but John a.k.a. Pinball Wizard will always be a contender until the last ride.

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  BIZZZARE, Grouser, Kenzo 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program