TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Topic Options
#527744 - 02/20/12 01:17 PM Where to ride
sesker Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I have spent several hours going through forums here and have come to the conclusion that most of the information/posts are ancient in terms of being relevant anymore. Looking for places to ride (in my case, Austin) is very painful. Is there anyone here that is moderating and perhaps just clean up stuff that is more than a year old, unless it is still relevant? I am new here, I get it, but if the information is meaningless, what is the point?

Thanks!

#527879 - 02/21/12 12:39 PM Re: Where to ride [Re: sesker]
jqueen Offline
Old Boot

You may not have found the right way to look yet, as Austin isn't too bad. There is the AMSA sub-forum, which schedules family rides. Hidden Falls Adventure park is not far away. There is Emma Long, which is actually in Austin (assuming you're on a bike, not a quad).

If you dual sport, there are several places near you as well.

I don't know anything about tracks, as I don't do tracks.

It would be awesome if there was some way to better group the riding area forums - a lot of them have the name of the facility, but no clues as to where it is until you poke around..

#527892 - 02/21/12 02:36 PM Re: Where to ride [Re: sesker]
sesker Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Thanks -- I was actually also referring to most of the posts in a majority of the forums in general are completely outdated... for example trying to find open MX tracks or other locations. I spent hours searching to find out the locations are closed, the websites don't exist etc. So why even have posts or forums associated with them at all? Half the information could be pruned and then the remaining would be much more useful.. my two cents only..

#530123 - 03/12/12 05:26 PM Re: Where to ride [Re: sesker]
bozacksmith Offline

Loc: Pflugerville, TX
Have to agree with Sesker....
Got the wife and kiddos dirtbikes for Christmas and it seemed like all the stuff around Austin has closed down for beginner learning/rides and trails etc and going through most of the forums and tracks they are either closed or websites turned off, should just be deleted or have a compiled list somewhere with updated info.

Not sure if that exists.

Del Valley is an option but paying for 3pm till dark isn't the best option for bang for the buck. Will have to check out AMSA too to see if there is anything thatn once a month get togethers

#530126 - 03/12/12 05:53 PM Re: Where to ride [Re: bozacksmith]
Maddog Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Austin,Texas
It is not the best of times for riding opportunities in the Austin area. Hopefully it will improve soon, but there's nothing new I'm hearing about.
It will be tough to keep this sport going into the future if there's no places for the kiddos to go learn how to ride.

#530302 - 03/14/12 05:20 PM Re: Where to ride [Re: Maddog]
Dave Offline
AMSA Gang Boss

Loc: Spicewood
AMSA is a family oriented trail riding club with access to several really nice private ranches in the area. The club has been around for 30+ years. Join at "family day," ride great places, and meet new and interesting people who love the sport. 99.9% of the riding here in Texas is on private land and nothing is free anymore but you can't go wrong with joining a club for exclusive access to some of the best riding areas in our state. It's the best bang for your buck.

#530751 - 03/20/12 11:27 AM Re: Where to ride [Re: Dave]
DogBoy Offline
Old Boot

Loc: Aledo, Texas
Not sure what type of riding your looking for, MX or Trail? If it is trail riding and a place geared for a "Family Ride Day" outside of the AMSA events CTOR (Central Texas Off Road Club) in Salado is the place I recommend.

Bike and ATV's only, trails for any level rider and about 70 miles north of Austin via I-35.

www.ridector.com

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page