TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#516958 - 11/04/11 10:58 AM >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<<
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Loc: Clear Lake City
Starting Saturday November 5th, 2011 through Sunday January 1st, 2012

Per the agreement with the deer hunters...No riding before 9am & after 3:30pm on the far side of Skull Creek including the Northwest Woods Section past the Gas Rig Road. This includes the Atwood Trail.

Riding is allowed on the Clubhouse side of Skull Creek including Dead Cow, Levees, Dunes, Predator, Summer Trail, Harvest Moon and the MX Woods, etc... during hunting hours(before 9am & after 3:30pm)

From 9am to 3:30pm the entire property/trail system is open to members and guests to ride.

Everyone's cooperation is appreciated.

Also the hunters said that they have had trouble with poachers coming in from the drilling mud company gate. They have put a cable to limit vehicle access to the southwest side of the property. The cable is located at the Big Dam on Skull Creek(formerly the "Broken Levee"). The cable is marked with reflective triangles but Juliet wanted everyone to be aware of it so you don't come upon it at speed.

Ride Safe!
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

"iz spellz dis way on porpose!" :-p

#517037 - 11/05/11 08:08 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Kenzo]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Not sure if the Summer Trail is off limits or not during "hunting hours"...waiting on Juliet's responce.

Weather is great out here.

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

#517091 - 11/06/11 06:02 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Kenzo]
JulietPeters Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Magnolia,Texas
Summer Trail is good as far as Rig Road (where the gas pumps are).Then come back via the Women'sTrack from last race.There are no blinds in that area & Dale said it would be fine for us the ride there in hunting hours.

#517168 - 11/07/11 09:38 AM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: JulietPeters]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Originally Posted By: JulietPeters
Summer Trail is good as far as Rig Road (where the gas pumps are).Then come back via the Women'sTrack from last race.There are no blinds in that area & Dale said it would be fine for us the ride there in hunting hours.

That's good news. There are three metal "riding restriction" signs we can get from there and use elsewhere. They are located near the entrance to the Summer Trail along the road by the catfish ponds.

I put up several signs this weekend and added some yellow cation tape to the cable across the big levee/dam(known formerly the Levee Break).

The duck hunters were out in the mornings and as far as I know everyone followed the riding restrictions for the deer hunters.

We saw a lot of does, I saw one decent buck in the far southwest corner of the property and rub not far from the Hunters Camp in the Northwest section.

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

#517347 - 11/08/11 05:25 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Kenzo]
JulietPeters Offline
Hall of Fame

I had a message from Dale Graham when I got back from the meeting last night. Apparently two of our guys decided to "sit" under one of their feeders in the NW Section last weekend. They have a photograph of you both taken automatically by the feeder camera.I wish you guys would grow up & stop being idiots!
You are not doing the club any favors & anyone else who thinks it's funny to go & piss the hunters off on purpose will be asked to leave the club.

#517348 - 11/08/11 05:37 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: JulietPeters]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

that's hard to believe...but...

...get a copy of the picture so we can "re-educate" the knuckleheads!

i got another report of a nice buck in the Northwest Section...close to eight points.

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

#517380 - 11/08/11 09:16 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Kenzo]
Airwolf__32 Offline
Basically Almost Pro

by "sit" do you mean "make poopy"?

#517408 - 11/09/11 08:31 AM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Airwolf__32]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Originally Posted By: Airwolf__32
by "sit" do you mean "make poopy"?

geeze Brian!

I believe it would have been a little more specific if that was the case...

...fecalpheliac? :-p

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

#517410 - 11/09/11 08:52 AM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Kenzo]
Pinball Wizard Offline
Work? Me?

Loc: Sugar Land, Tx
I think a warning should be given and another type of irresponsible act results in termination of the membership!
John - #89 - '18 KTM 350-SXF
Maren - #3 - '16 KTM 150-SX

I always ride with my business socks on!
Decal Works, N-Style, Gaerne

#517411 - 11/09/11 08:57 AM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Pinball Wizard]
GoldDrum Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Katy, Tx
I believe everyone was warned. Something like this also happened last year. This needs to stop, would be terrible for the act of a few to result in many getting kicked off the land. Let's grow up people.
Brad - KX450F

6T6 Racing

True patience brought on by endurance will equip you to complete the long journey and cross the finish line... James 1:4

#517413 - 11/09/11 09:16 AM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: GoldDrum]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

JUST SO IT'S CLEAR

It is inevitable when riding Skull Creek you will come up on deer stands and feeders...

...just keep riding.

If you need to stop find some place elsewhere away from the stands and feeders.

Dale and the Hunters spend considerable time and money for the hunting season and as good neighbors we need to respect that.

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

#517451 - 11/09/11 01:59 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Kenzo]
Nacho Nate Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Katy Texas
We ask others to respect our facilities and trails. In turn, we need to respect the mining equip, the hunter areas, and the hunting stands etc. Violators should be tossed. A provision in the TRH rules should allow for the board to toss someone at anypoint in the yr, if they jeapordize the physical/financial longevity of the club or club property.

Nacho Nate
Kronreif Trunkenpolz Mattighofen 450xcw (plated)

#517462 - 11/09/11 03:05 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Nacho Nate]
GoldDrum Offline
Gang Daddy

I totally agree.
Brad - KX450F

6T6 Racing

True patience brought on by endurance will equip you to complete the long journey and cross the finish line... James 1:4

#517514 - 11/10/11 12:03 AM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: GoldDrum]
Rob Granger Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Katy, TX
Whew! for a minute I thought that it may have been me, but then I remembered that I wasn't sitting, I was flopping trying to regain my breath from my elbow going between two ribs and at the same time paralyzed from the pain of landing on the bad shoulder again ... oh and everyone had left me so I guess it wasn't me.... for a second I was worried.
Rob Granger - Breaking more stuff by 8:00 AM than most people break all day.

#517520 - 11/10/11 07:37 AM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Rob Granger]
TreeWeaver Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: NW Houston,TX
Oh, don't make it sound like we just abandoned you Rob. We found you on the next lap around dind't we? C'mon man.
'07 KTM 300XC-W
JD Cycle Parts / MX WHEELS 832-405-8209
www.JDCPMX.COM

#517559 - 11/10/11 05:16 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Nacho Nate]
Mroseb Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Spring, Tx.
I don't always agree with some of Nate's post but I fully agree with this one. There has has been ample warnings especially since last urination incident to stay away from feeders & blinds. To me this is nothing more than ignorant arrogance defying the clubs request & rules along with disrespect to the hunters. To protect the clubs lease I think a termination letter to those involved is in order with a copy given to Dale. Anyone else agree?

09 300XC
03 450EXC
01 XR650L
98 Valkyrie

#517560 - 11/10/11 05:27 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: TreeWeaver]
Rob Granger Offline
Gang Boss

Originally Posted By: TreeWeaver
Oh, don't make it sound like we just abandoned you Rob. We found you on the next lap around dind't we? C'mon man.

Well, you did have the courtesy to at least ride around me...

#517603 - 11/11/11 09:17 AM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Mroseb]
getndirty Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: Mroseb
I don't always agree with some of Nate's post but I fully agree with this one. There has has been ample warnings especially since last urination incident to stay away from feeders & blinds. To me this is nothing more than ignorant arrogance defying the clubs request & rules along with disrespect to the hunters. To protect the clubs lease I think a termination letter to those involved is in order with a copy given to Dale. Anyone else agree?

No idea who would pull a stupid stunt like this, but I'd ban them from the property during this hunting season and give them a chance to screw up again next year (after which I'd just toss them from the club...for good).

Tell me who it is (they are) and I'll deliver the message personally.

My doctor told me he thought I had ADD, but I....hey look, a chicken!!!

#517645 - 11/11/11 07:28 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: getndirty]
Rob Granger Offline
Gang Boss

Yeah, we have enough issues without creating our own, some responsibility to the rest of the riders must come with a membership. if they choose not to respect what we are doing here, then they need to be asked (once) to get in line or get booted.

#517646 - 11/11/11 08:11 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Rob Granger]
GoFaster Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
Crapping at a feeder _ instant boot
#509 KTM 300XCW & Husky 300
If your not living life on the edge, then you are taking up too much space.

#517648 - 11/11/11 08:47 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: GoFaster]
Pullenmefinger Offline
Super Shopper

Loc: Webster, TX
Anyone see the left over birds and all the broken bottles down in Oh Sh!t!? Must have been one hell of a party!
TORCS TRH #49
www.trh-cycle.org - www.cyclegear.com - www.cycleshacknorth.com - www.houstonyamaha.com - www.rockymountainatv.com

#517694 - 11/12/11 05:04 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Pullenmefinger]
Rob Granger Offline
Gang Boss

someone falls there, they may be the new owner of skull creek, that would be something to point out to Dale...

#517697 - 11/12/11 06:03 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Rob Granger]
JulietPeters Offline
Hall of Fame

That's why we ask our people to take their trash home!
Check Skull Creek forum out.

#517706 - 11/12/11 10:42 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: JulietPeters]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

"Sit" under the feeder?!? I hope they have a different picture...if not it's total BS!

This is the first I've heard of the bottles and bird carcasses...there are miles of that old pit and they dumped them on the trail?!?

I had a nice talk w/ one of the bird hunters today i can't believe he thinks that's cool...they are deer hunting over on our side of the riding restriction area also.

Sounds like they need to clean up the trail and police they're own people!

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

#517781 - 11/14/11 09:54 AM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Kenzo]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

I went out and took pics of the bird carcasses and bottles/glass at the bottom of the "Oh Sh!t!" drop-in. There must be a half mile to that side to that pit...we use ten feet(it's marked) and they dump their crap there! Blatant juvenile vandalism.

Also there's one of our pressure treated 4"x4" sign posts(back side of the Lunar Dunes) that was snapped off at the ground(w/ vehicle tire tracks)leading to where they duck hunt a couple of weeks ago...it's still laying there.

Riding up on hunters, blinds and feeders is just going to happen when they are placed on trails, senderos and roads...it happened to me twice yesterday...it's just going to happen.

I don't think the hunters are ever going to understand or appreciate that we've been out there since 1998. We have every right to ride the whole property without any restrictions and that the agreement to limit our riding hours during rifle hunting season was a jesture of courtesy and cooperation.

The bird carcass shenanigans just reinforces my beliefs that they'll never get it.

I'm beginning to question why we even bother with the self imposed riding restrictions.

End rant.

Cheers
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

#517788 - 11/14/11 11:08 AM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Kenzo]
GoldDrum Offline
Gang Daddy

Be sure and send that pic to them. That is dangerous. I can see dropping in and blowing a tire because of glass.

Edited by GoldDrum (11/14/11 11:09 AM)
Brad - KX450F

6T6 Racing

#518257 - 11/19/11 12:32 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: GoFaster]
doctorD Offline
Gang Member

Loc: El Campo
Is it OK to go riding with this rig,, I could cut down on the competition......Dr.D..

#518283 - 11/19/11 11:11 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: doctorD]
Rob Granger Offline
Gang Boss

I don't see enough duct tape to secure it properly, i would expect better from a beer drinking man! That is something one of those whiskey drinkers would come up with smile

#518294 - 11/20/11 10:44 AM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: Rob Granger]
doctorD Offline
Gang Member

Loc: El Campo
Rob,, I'll try to improve Myself,,,I'll see if Moose has a gun mounting kit,, see You on the trails,, I'll be the yellow thing behind You,, be sure You bring a spare rear tire.....Dr.D..

#518426 - 11/21/11 04:38 PM Re: >>Hunting Season Skull Creek Riding Restrictions<< [Re: doctorD]
Rob Granger Offline
Gang Boss

They only way you would be behind me is if you are towing a tractor, I've seen how fast you are! tried to ride this past sunday, thinking more and more that I messed it up in the 4wheeler flip, and then doubled effed it riding with bad forks about 2 weeks ago with Lee. I just thought the hand hurt after the flip, I could still ride then, I think that I am officially bummed now. Oh well, have a couple of weeks off for the 2nd round of shoulder surgery, maybe by then I will be riding again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BIZZZARE, Grouser, Kenzo 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page