TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Roland Rocka, Jeannie41, Manuel H., Ezel, asarjip
23084 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 410 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23084 Members
50 Forums
38169 Topics
249128 Posts

Max Online: 573 @ 05/04/20 10:29 AM
Search

Bike For Sale
2016 KTM 65 SX $2750
by 525Brian
09/28/20 04:43 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#495347 - 02/15/11 03:37 PM Re: Race fees [Re: Airwolf__32]
BruiseBros446 Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Cruisin the San Jacinto River
Free stickers and schwag???? ..I have stickers!!!!.....someone's been holding out on me!!!!!!!!!!!

BRUISE BROTHERS RACING
If your not living on the edge.....your not living

#495351 - 02/15/11 03:41 PM Re: Race fees [Re: Airwolf__32]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Loc: Clear Lake City
Originally Posted By: Airwolf__32
Well that's what I thought as that would make sense, but apparently that is not the case. I flipped when I heard that. And really, like I said, these fees don't even affect me, but I, like anybody else would like to see the club grow and prosper. Lee's speech actually got me kinda motivated, but after this, I am very dissappointed. And this is really small potatoes compared to some of the other problems at hand.

if that's the case then i don't understand their thinking or reasoning.
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

"iz spellz dis way on porpose!" :-p

#495353 - 02/15/11 03:44 PM Re: Race fees [Re: Airwolf__32]
mcguyver Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Houston, TX
"Therein lies the problem. "Working together" apparently means we vote and the board overturns it based on their own agenda"

Fair enough criticism. Duly noted.

Now, Whoever on the board can respond would be appreciated. Is there a solution for this issue?

Airwolf, I appreciate your recent effors out at Skull Creek. You and your "group" (meant in a good way) have done excellent work out there. Let's find a way to resolve this and move forward. I too was moved by Lee's speech, well done indeed!

#495360 - 02/15/11 04:19 PM Re: Race fees [Re: mcguyver]
Grouser Moderator Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Houston
Often times the subtle nuances of a conversation are completely lost when it occurs through email and forums. Little things like emotion, body posture, and hand gestures can mitigate the sting of statements which obviously are missing in text. I mention this because there appears to be some anger or frustration about this topic. Unfortunately I donít understand where itís coming from. More than likely Iím missing something simple or it could be a subtle conversational cue I donít see.

Taking a stab in the dark, letís say that the 35 dollar temporary membership to compete in the TRH Family Enduro Series is what people are upset about. Add to this the 15 dollars to race that event you pay a grand total of 50 dollars.

Letís take this a step further and say Mom, Dad and two kiddos show up. Dad wants to revisit an old hobby and brought the family along to spectate. Adding in gate fees, spectator fees, camping fees, series membership fees, race fee, and transponder fee, his total for bringing his entire family to this TRH event would beÖ 50 dollars.

Letís say the same family shows up for the weekend at a TORCS race. Its 10 dollars a person to get in the gate, thatís 40 bucks for the family to step foot on the property. Its 10 dollars to camp for the night, 40 dollars for Dad to join the Series, 40 dollars to enter the race, and 40 dollars to buy the transponder. His total cost for bringing his entire family would be 170 dollars.

As another option this imaginary family could elect to join the TRH Family Enduro Series for 45 dollars, his 15 dollar race fee is then waived for that event and he now gets the added benefit of becoming a club member in TRH.

While it appears that this thread revolves around money, I have to admit to some confusion on my part. From a cash perspective TRH comes out WAY ahead, at least from my point of view.

Iíll be the first to admit that my life is filled with more than its fair share of mistakes and I learned a long time ago, that if youíre not crashing, then you not trying. I fully expect my life long obsession with mistakes to continue but I would like to mitigate them at every opportunity. If you have the time, please give me a call at two eight one, four six zero, four eight zero one.

TRH exists to promote off road riding and if weíre missing the boat then we need to get back on board.

Ride safe,
Lee Jordan

Edited by Grouser (02/15/11 04:51 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling
Sponsor: Tejas Motorsports http://www.tejasmotorsports.com/
Sponsor: Bay Area Raceway http://bayarearaceway.com/

#495362 - 02/15/11 04:25 PM Re: Race fees [Re: mcguyver]
Mroseb Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Spring, Tx.

I may have commented on a subject I don't know all the details of but I do know the difference between expressing your opinions or differences on a public forum in a professional manner verses bashing a club & its board members which from the way I read it was the sole purpose of this post & don't see at all just or necessary & no way healthy for promoting a club. Especially when folks like the Nutty Professor who's still living the past & been out in the sun way too long uses it for away to get another shot in at the club.
Airwolf I will remove the Midol comment but like your opinion of this topic was outraged at your comments. I'll be at the 1st TRH race & offer you a beer instead of Midol after the race.
Matt

09 300XC
03 450EXC
01 XR650L
98 Valkyrie

#495367 - 02/15/11 04:58 PM Re: Race fees [Re: Mroseb]
Pinball Wizard Offline
Work? Me?

Loc: Sugar Land, Tx
With all that said then we should simplify things a bit.

$15.00 - Entry fee for TRH members
$50.00 - Entry fee for non-members
$ 5.00 - Entry fee for each additional family member

You can put some marketing lingo in another spot that says "Join TRH for $45.00 and race free at this event!".
John - #89 - '18 KTM 350-SXF
Maren - #3 - '16 KTM 150-SX

I always ride with my business socks on!
Decal Works, N-Style, Gaerne

#495370 - 02/15/11 05:16 PM Re: Race fees [Re: Pinball Wizard]
DeeKay Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: DeeKay Island
Hahahaah.......

1. No problemoh if you think I am nutty Marshallog.....

2. Uh, gee, if the guy wants to ride...have him show up at a TSCEC enduro. Entry fee and that is it! No membership required.

3. Hey, I did join TRH AND Skull Creek. Paid for both. Came to a few meetings. I enjoyed it. Then my more "main stream" TRH friends said, "no mas" and well, gee, it is kind of a long way from Austin.

4. I LOVE MIDOL! Obviously, Marsall has never ridden long enough to cramp out! Midol has pain relief AND cramp relief and it relieves my PMS.....Post Motorcycle Syndrome. I USED to recommed it. But now it is little more than acetominophen which can poison your liver...especially if you drink alcohol. Johnson and Johnson says, "if you have more than 3 drinks a day, tylennol is not your problem."

5. But if you want more you need to consults your member pharmacist!

Turn Right Here.....

An all time CLASSIC!

Deekaying...with a smile....

And that is DOKTOR DeeKay to your Marshall!!! (hee, hee)

#495371 - 02/15/11 05:19 PM Re: Race fees [Re: Pinball Wizard]
mcguyver Offline
Gang Member

WELL DONE GENTLEMEN! Looks as if things are going in the right direction. Thanks Airwolf for pointing out a problem. I think Pinball Wizard has a viable solution.

I do not know Deekay but from what I have read (his words via posts on several forums) he can be rather abrasive. Some people are just that way and most do not deal well with that. Some play nice, some do not, It's just a personality trait.

I too have an "instant jerk button" but one has to push VERY hard. LOL

#495379 - 02/15/11 06:03 PM Re: Race fees [Re: Airwolf__32]
mcguyver Offline
Gang Member

I was born in the back seat of a rambler....or was it a mustang....i forgot...LOl

Seriously those are great ideas. I think this kind of debate is exacty what we need. The club needs to grow. Race (amd fun event) turnout could be so much better. Please, By all means keep it up!

#495384 - 02/15/11 06:38 PM Re: Race fees [Re: mcguyver]
Grouser Moderator Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Houston
There's a lot questions here and if I tried to type out a response, I will have died of old age before I get to the end of the list and that's just the ones that I have a clue on how to answer. While the topics may appear simple, there's much more involved in answering them then simply responding with a yes or no. There's so much in context that is lost when trying to communicate convoluted subjects over the internet, that this really needs to be discussed in a group or face to face setting. I posted my phone number in the first message, you are welcomed to call me anytime. Can't guarantee that I'll have the answers you want, but maybe we both can come away a little smarter. Heck, I'll even come visit you for lunch or perhaps we can set up some time at SC. Let me know what works for you.

Ride safe,
Lee

I will be the first to admit that the older I get, the more I discover of how little I truly know.

Edited by Grouser (02/15/11 06:39 PM)
Sponsor: Tejas Motorsports http://www.tejasmotorsports.com/
Sponsor: Bay Area Raceway http://bayarearaceway.com/

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  BIZZZARE, Grouser, Kenzo 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TX Toy Sales - 1600 Globe Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - 817.655.0651

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program