TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 157 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#483298 - 11/07/10 11:06 AM Re: This Weekend [Re: JulietPeters]
Pinball Wizard Offline
Work? Me?

Loc: Sugar Land, Tx
For those who chose not to come out to Skull Creek yesterday (Saturday), you missed out. The trails and whether were in perfect conditions. I wish I could have camped out and ridden today.
John - #89 - '18 KTM 350-SXF
Maren - #3 - '16 KTM 150-SX

I always ride with my business socks on!
Decal Works, N-Style, Gaerne

#483301 - 11/07/10 11:27 AM Re: This Weekend [Re: Pinball Wizard]
Nacho Nate Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Katy Texas
We had a good time out there too (except for my highside on the mining road). Real nice temps and trail conditions. Was nice meeting some new folks out there, and riding together in a pack. Everyone in our group said they had a great time when they were leaving.

Nacho Nate
Kronreif Trunkenpolz Mattighofen 450xcw (plated)

#483302 - 11/07/10 11:33 AM Re: This Weekend [Re: Nacho Nate]
Pinball Wizard Offline
Work? Me?

Loc: Sugar Land, Tx
It was a blast. You are a great bunch of guys. By the way, did you get some video of the quad in the sand dunes?
John - #89 - '18 KTM 350-SXF
Maren - #3 - '16 KTM 150-SX

I always ride with my business socks on!
Decal Works, N-Style, Gaerne

#483330 - 11/07/10 07:26 PM Re: This Weekend [Re: Pinball Wizard]
Airwolf__32 Offline
Basically Almost Pro

Sounds like I missed a good time, and the conditions in the forest were excellent as well. The BAP crew put in about 30 or 40 miles out of Kelly's Pond. Still a good amount of face slappers, and as always woops and roots, but the dirt was money. We had some ass-hat come and tell us at 9:30AM to have some respect for the "people still sleeping" after we fired up the bikes to give them a morning warm-up. I tried to be nice about it, but Ron chimed in and said that it was 9:30 and if you weren't awake already, it was your own damn fault. The guy came back a second time a little while later and Brett pretty much told him to STFU and get the F on. The guy didn't come back a third time. Then later on, Derek went missing during a ride, so Brett and I turned around and backtracked only to find him back on the trail bullshitting with some hunters who were in desperate need of some serious dental work. They warned us that it was opening day, and that other hunters might mistake us for deer and shoot us. The funny part about that is that they were dead serious. At that point, I kickstarted my bike and left in fear of having redneck-inbred-brokeback-stupidness rub off on me during further conversation. Derek stayed for a few more minutes of "stimulation." Anyhow, good day of riding.

#483334 - 11/07/10 07:48 PM Re: This Weekend [Re: Airwolf__32]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Loc: Clear Lake City
Originally Posted By: Airwolf__32
Sounds like I missed a good time, and the conditions in the forest were excellent as well. The BAP crew put in about 30 or 40 miles out of Kelly's Pond. Still a good amount of face slappers, and as always woops and roots, but the dirt was money. We had some ass-hat come and tell us at 9:30AM to have some respect for the "people still sleeping" after we fired up the bikes to give them a morning warm-up. I tried to be nice about it, but Ron chimed in and said that it was 9:30 and if you weren't awake already, it was your own damn fault. The guy came back a second time a little while later and Brett pretty much told him to STFU and get the F on. The guy didn't come back a third time. Then later on, Derek went missing during a ride, so Brett and I turned around and backtracked only to find him back on the trail bullshitting with some hunters who were in desperate need of some serious dental work. They warned us that it was opening day, and that other hunters might mistake us for deer and shoot us. The funny part about that is that they were dead serious. At that point, I kickstarted my bike and left in fear of having redneck-inbred-brokeback-stupidness rub off on me during further conversation. Derek stayed for a few more minutes of "stimulation." Anyhow, good day of riding.

...u guyz are a bunch of hooligans!

were u able to attract any cute hunters w/ ur pig squeel'n sounds?

Skull Creek wus most excellent...weather and trail conditions 10 outta 10!

one of locks is missing from the front gate...i believe Eric put the campground lock on it.

the other Brian and i did sum trail work on the MX woods...that's gunna be a great loop with all of the elevation changes when we get it done.

sumone need to plan on cut'n sum firewood...besides that the place looked gud.

cheers

P.S. BTW, i totally dominated the hole shot competition! but we cud use a few more competitors...

P.S.S. 30 minutes before sunrise all hell broke loose w/ the duck hunters...sounded like they had a gud hunt...they were kinda close but definately a safe distance away.

Edited by Kenzo (11/08/10 09:11 AM)
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

"iz spellz dis way on porpose!" :-p

#483350 - 11/07/10 10:13 PM Re: This Weekend [Re: Kenzo]
Brush_Buster Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: TX
Kenny
We will have a most excellent single track loop and we can add the old MX course into it for some open running. I like this area cause its close to camp. This area use to be the hub, or originating point for almost all points of the property until it was cut off by miners. One of the good things is that all the criss-crossing trails are now partially or completely overgrown and we can "do-over" and improve the trails. If we can find a place to cross Skull Creek near the end of the trail we were working on today we can take old trails, yet to be rediscovered, all the way to the NW section of the property without running the roads.

Very nice elevation changes, with more new stuff coming. Will not be out there next weekend with the Rio Bravo Old School Reunion going on!

Brian Darnell
2003 KTM 525 MXC
2004 KTM 450 EXC
1982 Husqvarna 430CR

#483368 - 11/08/10 12:21 AM Re: This Weekend [Re: Brush_Buster]
Nacho Nate Offline
Hall of Fame

still sleeping at 930. ask the fellow why he isnt out hunting deer, the whole POINT of him being in the woods in the first place. LOL

Nacho Nate

#483369 - 11/08/10 12:22 AM Re: This Weekend [Re: Pinball Wizard]
Nacho Nate Offline
Hall of Fame

got some vids. the big hillclimbs in the east pits were too steep, couldnt conquer them. justin looked like he was having fun in the lunar basin!

Nacho Nate

#483382 - 11/08/10 08:30 AM Re: This Weekend [Re: Kenzo]
GoldDrum Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Katy, Tx
We will be out there this weekend and can help cutting wood.
Brad - KX450F

6T6 Racing

True patience brought on by endurance will equip you to complete the long journey and cross the finish line... James 1:4

#483383 - 11/08/10 08:32 AM Re: This Weekend [Re: GoldDrum]
getndirty Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Houston, TX
I'm planning on going to Skull Creek this coming weekend - hopefully to get a little more trail cutting done.

My doctor told me he thought I had ADD, but I....hey look, a chicken!!!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  BIZZZARE, Grouser, Kenzo 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page