TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Roland Rocka, Jeannie41, Manuel H., Ezel, asarjip
23084 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 405 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23084 Members
50 Forums
38168 Topics
249125 Posts

Max Online: 573 @ 05/04/20 10:29 AM
Search

Bike For Sale
2016 KTM 65 SX $2750
by 525Brian
09/28/20 04:43 AM
2019 KTM 250SX-F
by t1texx
09/24/20 04:59 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#483371 - 11/08/10 04:43 AM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: Airwolf__32]
SamTheRocketMan Offline

Hello to all TRH members!

My name is Sam Stacy and I am currently serving you as your Property Master. I have held this very important board position for the past 3 years. During this time, I have consistently kept our supply trailer and its content in great shape, without regard to its location, which is usually in the barn at Skull Creek, but is re-located to the Ranger Station in the Sam Houston National Forest, when we are preparing for our annual Caney Creek Enduro.

I have been a TRH member for the past 37 years and was Membership Chairman for 15 of those years. Also, during that time, I have either chaired or helped prepare for numerous enduro and hair scramble events, so I know, first hand, what it means to have the supplies available. This past year, I was the chairman for our 13th Annual National Dual Sport Ride in Terlingua, Texas, which I was able to do with the help of only 15 great TRH members. So come on folks, get out there and help your club put on events, even when they are a long way off, like Terlingua is its fun and it will make the TRH an even better club.

The Property Master Board Position will be voted on at our December meeting, and I really would appreciate your vote, because I would very much like to continue helping the TRH in this capacity, and I promise that I will continue to do a wonderful job for you.

By the way, I think it is worth mentioning that, for the past 2 years, I have been one of the two AMA delegates from District 20 who has attended the AMA Congress in Columbus, Ohio, where we offer proposals for and vote on rule and guideline changes for both competitive and recreational AMA sponsored events.

#483520 - 11/08/10 09:54 PM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: SamTheRocketMan]
Bagwell Offline
TON Member

Loc: Houston, Texas
My name is Vaughn Ivey and I have been a member of the Trail Riders of Houston for a number of years, including the Public Relations Officer for the past two. My parents were members of TRH back in 69 and 70, and they both used to ride and race in a number of dirtbike events around the Houston area. I started riding at the age of 7 or 8 when my father bought us a used late 60's Honda Mini Trail 50 which we used to ride it in a field next to our house. I ride and work many different types of motorcycle events around texas including dirt, street and track. I have made many friends and met lots of people thru motorcycling over the years and enjoy introducing new people to TRH and what it offers.

I have been on the Board of Directors for the past two years and have spent a lot of effort in that time talking to others about the club and how fun it is. I believe TRH offers much more than just motorcycle events and a place to ride your dirtbike. TRH is a way of life for many, and some folks in the club have met and known eachother thru the club for decades. This club has had its trials and tribulations over the years and I try to keep people focused on the good in the club. I think a Public Relations Officer should do more than just get the word out and offer a great product to the general public. I feel he or she should believe in what they are offering. If I didn't believe in TRH I couldn't expect others to want to join in the fun.

I have worked hard for TRH for more than just the past 2 years on the board. Over the years I have put on many family races, helped with Caney Creek every year, put in much time and effort out in Terlingua with the dual sport ride, and showed up for most TRH events. I am a member of Skull Creek and have worked on the property very much in the past with events and upkeep. I have put in a lot of time and effort talking to perspective members at the TRH booth in the pits at the Supercross for the past 4 or 5 years and put up booths in a few other places along the way. As the Public Relations Officer I re worked the TRH Brochure in 2009 and have worked hard to distribute it to many dealers, shops, and other motorcycle venues around town. I have posted events on many various forums around the internet and dropped flyers at dealers, and events around houston to try to build event attendance. I worked hard creating three nice TRH banners in three sizes to be used at our events over the past two years. I still have new ideas to make the club better and get the name out there more. I will work hard for TRH as I have since I joined the club. I think MOST people have TRH's best interests at heart, but I know I do!!!

If you don't know me, just ask anyone that does... I am devoted to TRH, I am pretty easy going, I am not afraid to work hard as I have all my life, I am very careful what I promise, I like almost everyone, and I just wanna ride motorcycles.

Thanks for your VOTE.

Vaughn Ivey

#483558 - 11/09/10 08:31 AM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: Bagwell]
RiverRat Offline
Gang Boss

Eric, John, Sam, & Vaughn thanks for taking the time to respond and let everyone know a little bit about yourselves. I'm sure that whoever fills these positions will continue to do a great job for the club. I hope that I can speak for the whole membership when I say thank you for stepping up and volunteering your time to improve this club, that goes for the rest of our board members also.

Later,
Grant - KX100 (13yrs)
Cody - KX85 (11yrs)

#483562 - 11/09/10 09:24 AM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: RiverRat]
Pinball Wizard Offline
Work? Me?

Loc: Sugar Land, Tx
Originally Posted By: RiverRat
Eric, John, Sam, & Vaughn thanks for taking the time to respond and let everyone know a little bit about yourselves. I'm sure that whoever fills these positions will continue to do a great job for the club. I hope that I can speak for the whole membership when I say thank you for stepping up and volunteering your time to improve this club, that goes for the rest of our board members also.

Later,

I agree, I can only imagine the efforts put in for over 41 years with all of the ups and downs we have seen in this economy.

By the way, were there nominations for "Hall of Fame" for the membership to vote?
John - #89 - '18 KTM 350-SXF
Maren - #3 - '16 KTM 150-SX

I always ride with my business socks on!
Decal Works, N-Style, Gaerne

#483615 - 11/09/10 03:37 PM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: Pinball Wizard]
Pullenmefinger Offline
Super Shopper

Loc: Webster, TX
Wow Sam's creditials are great! He has put a lot of time and effort into TRH, so please don't forget that when voting. Although I don't know him personnally I have only heard good things about him.
TORCS TRH #49
www.trh-cycle.org - www.cyclegear.com - www.cycleshacknorth.com - www.houstonyamaha.com - www.rockymountainatv.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BIZZZARE, Grouser, Kenzo 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TX Toy Sales - 1600 Globe Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - 817.655.0651

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page