TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#482939 - 11/03/10 10:50 PM Absentee Voting
Airwolf__32 Offline
Basically Almost Pro

Well, I was finally able to make a meeting. As luck would have it, my class let out way early on the day the voting happened, so I got to go and be heard.

I was overjoyed to see that "absentee" voting was passed into law. This amendment to the constitution will be a major help to those of us who are active members but have trouble making all the meetings, and I personally look forward to being able to have a vote in the upcoming elections. Anybody know where the nominees and ballots are/will be posted?

On another note, I would like to add that I was a bit disappointed in the tempo of the meeting. I feel like the board could be a little more assertive in calling votes. I think when a vote is called, there should be little discussion over it from the general populace. When proposed changes are made, there should be precise and swift discussion by the board on the aspects of the changes that could be left to the unknown. More simply, propose the changes one month (this forum would be a good place to start), accept input from the members the next month and revise if necessary based on that input, and call the vote the next month by reading the entirety of the amendment and covering the input that was given. People need to understand that just like anything (Obama's presidency for instance) some things won't go your way. That's the nature of majority rules. This is just a suggestion and should be taken lightly, but when a vote is called, it's yay or nay. If you don't like something about the proposal, then vote nay. Otherwise there should be no discussion in between the time the vote is called by Tommy (or whoever) and when the vote actually happens. I think hard ballots will eliminate much of this, but voting to raise fees was a good example. There should have been more specifics on where the extra proceeds would go, but then again, this can be handled later on down the road. Regardless, when people feel like they want to speak their mind about the conditions of the vote, it should not be allowed. I feel like the open forum should be left for specific times during the meeting. Just my $.02

#482963 - 11/04/10 07:54 AM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: Airwolf__32]
Kenzo Moderator Offline
MasterCrasher

Loc: Clear Lake City
removed by author

Edited by Kenzo (11/08/10 09:19 AM)
TRH/Skull Creek #611
AMA Member

"iz spellz dis way on porpose!" :-p

#482964 - 11/04/10 07:59 AM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: Airwolf__32]
getndirty Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: Airwolf__32
Well, I was finally able to make a meeting. As luck would have it, my class let out way early on the day the voting happened, so I got to go and be heard.

I was overjoyed to see that "absentee" voting was passed into law. This amendment to the constitution will be a major help to those of us who are active members but have trouble making all the meetings, and I personally look forward to being able to have a vote in the upcoming elections. Anybody know where the nominees and ballots are/will be posted?

I created a ballot and gave it to the board, all the board members that replied said it looked good, so they should be putting it up on the TRH website shortly.

My doctor told me he thought I had ADD, but I....hey look, a chicken!!!

#482975 - 11/04/10 09:34 AM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: Kenzo]
Airwolf__32 Offline
Basically Almost Pro

Originally Posted By: Kenzo
“Feelings...nothing more than feelings..."

Anybody know where the nominees and ballots are/will be posted?

i believe the ballots are suppose to be made available online at least three weeks prior to the elections.

that's why i asked when the changes to the constitution and election nominees where going to be communicated in the other thread.

cheers

At least three weeks prior is too late considering the ballots have to be into the club 3 weeks prior as I understood it.

#482976 - 11/04/10 09:57 AM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: Airwolf__32]
getndirty Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Houston, TX

At least three weeks prior is too late considering the ballots have to be into the club 3 weeks prior as I understood it.

3 days - the ballots have to be in the TRH po box 3 days before the election or delivered to the membership chairman at or before the election.

My doctor told me he thought I had ADD, but I....hey look, a chicken!!!

#483187 - 11/05/10 05:29 PM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: Airwolf__32]
Ice Man Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Katy, TX
To All

The absentee ballot has been posted on the front page of the TRH website.

Al, thank you for expediting the form.

Toby
Kyle '14 KTM 250xc '08 CRF 450R #215
Terri '07 CRF230F
Toby - '04 YZ250 , '10 KTM 300 XC-W #394

#483225 - 11/05/10 10:39 PM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: Ice Man]
RiverRat Offline
Gang Boss

TRH and Skull creek members let your voices be heard, but 1st I'd like to hear from our prospective candidates. There are 2 board positions up for vote; 1) Property Master and 2) Public Relations Coordinator - let's here what you've got planned.
Grant - KX100 (13yrs)
Cody - KX85 (11yrs)

#483228 - 11/05/10 10:56 PM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: RiverRat]
Pullenmefinger Offline
Super Shopper

Loc: Webster, TX
Hi my name is Eric Pullen and I am running for Property Master
Here's a little bit about myself:
My family first joined TRH in 1989, and we were active members for a few years until we moved overseas. In the past 6 years I have been an on and off member, competing in a few TRH Enduros through those years. Recently I have found myself getting more involved in TRH and I Chaired my first TRH race a few weeks ago. I believe I'm very well suited to be the Property Master because I'm at Skull Creek on a regular basis. This makes it easy for me to keep an eye on what supplies the club is in need of as well as assisting the Park Director in identifying and fixing club equipment.
TORCS TRH #49
www.trh-cycle.org - www.cyclegear.com - www.cycleshacknorth.com - www.houstonyamaha.com - www.rockymountainatv.com

#483284 - 11/06/10 09:59 PM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: Pullenmefinger]
BIZZZARE Moderator Offline
Bizarre Czar

Loc: Friendswood,TX
This is really great ,that more members are wanting to get involved at the Board level.It seemed like in the past,that you had to twist people's arm in order to run for a Board position.Good to see an actual vote take place!!
#414 TRH,TORCS,EVO,XTREME,and any other series

#483297 - 11/07/10 10:56 AM Re: Absentee Voting [Re: BIZZZARE]
Pinball Wizard Offline
Work? Me?

Loc: Sugar Land, Tx
Dear Fellow TRH Members,

My name is John Fuqua. I am nominated for the 2011 TRH board as the Public Relations Chairman. I joined TRH in April of 2010 and have been a highly active member and have met many wonder people, but I would like to reach out and introduce myself to those I have not had the fortunate opportunity to meet.

I was born in Galveston, Texas, and raised my whole life in Houston. I am married for 18 years to my best friend, Sherri, and have two incredibly strong daughters who ride, Alden (17), and Maren (12). I come from a family of entrepreneurs formed by the heritage of traditional sports, football. From a young age I played football and continued for 13 years. My father was against motorcycles and never allow us to own or operate one. However, my best friend from the age of 4 years old, came from a family that did. Every opportunity I had, we were racing off to run down the bayous. After my 8th grade year, I moved across town and my riding ending.

Fast forward 25 years and I somehow persuaded my wife to let me take my two daughters to a riding lesson at 3 Palms. We had a great lesson and another 2 hours of free riding. Five minutes before we were about to finish riding my youngest daughter high-sided on a berm and ended up fracturing her ankle. I thought this was the end of my dream. While sitting on the table getting her ankle casted my wife asks her, out of surprise to me, “So do you want to go riding again?”. Without hesitation and in classic pre-teenage form her response was “Duh!”.

Six weeks later, while at a friends ranch in Cold Springs, we were sitting out on his front porch, I commented on his trailer sitting beside his house and the next thing you know he gave it to me. The following week I had a trailer hitch on my BMW and I was driving in the rain to pick up a new Honda 250X, and the rest is history!

So you're asking yourself the question, that was a great story but how does John qualify for such a position with such little experience in the off-road industry/business. Well, let me tell you what I have done in my career and how it applies to this position. I have over 15 years of experience in architecting and developing commercial software. I have served many roles from the Chief Technology Officer, Director of Technology, President, and many more. I have helped build companies from 1 million in revenue to over 30 million. In addition helping companies form and grow, I have also personally founded two non-profit organizations in 2000. My success has been founded on good hard work, and the ability to recruit, motivate, and manage people, all while having lots of fun.

If elected as the Public Relations Chairman here is what I pledge to you. I will work with all Board Members to transform TRH from a 1980s-90s image to the mainstream and re-establish the value proposition for being a TRH member. I will work to establish consistent messaging for all Event Fliers and the processes for assuring that these are communicated to the public with consistent timing. I will work with all message boards, dealers, riding/race clubs, and online suppliers to make sure they help in communicate TRH’s commitment and growth of our sport. I will reach out to Pro riders and coordinate with our Events Coordinator to hold public events for the sole purpose of promoting the sport and TRH. I will work with the Database Administrator and Membership Chairman to create a more current mainstream logo and website that will attract new and younger riders to our club. So elect me, John Fuqua, to help re-establish TRH as the premiere riding club in Southeast Texas.

Edited by JohnF (11/07/10 11:03 AM)
John - #89 - '18 KTM 350-SXF
Maren - #3 - '16 KTM 150-SX

I always ride with my business socks on!
Decal Works, N-Style, Gaerne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BIZZZARE, Grouser, Kenzo 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page