TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#477501 - 09/13/10 12:10 PM RV Show THIS Weekend at Dell Diamond
katattack Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Austin, Texas
For anyone looking to check out the 2011s, there is an RV show this weekend out at Dell Diamond. Go say hi to Aaron (he'll be with the Crestview Buda guys).

http://www.austinrvexpo.com/supersale.html

#477545 - 09/13/10 05:04 PM Re: RV Show THIS Weekend at Dell Diamond [Re: katattack]
Spermy Administrator Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Buda, just south of weird
tell aaron i had a blowout on the rv this weekend. i'm in need of some parts.

wheel well trim
grey tank handle
panel support
water tank fill hose
and possibly more...

need a deal!

oh yeah its a '03 28' Keystone Bobcat from Buda Crestview.

Spermy TORCS 611
Patty 611's number 1 fan
Drex TORCS 4
Scout carrying on the 611 tradition

#477568 - 09/13/10 07:06 PM Re: RV Show THIS Weekend at Dell Diamond [Re: Spermy]
katattack Offline
Gang Daddy

Well, he only sells the RVS (not parts), but hit him up and see if he can sweet talk a parts guy (he's kinda sweet like that, ya know). :-)

#477620 - 09/14/10 05:47 AM Re: RV Show THIS Weekend at Dell Diamond [Re: katattack]
Lumberjack Moderator Offline
AMSA President

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
David, you forgot Vaseline on that part$$$ order. smile

Man, those steel belted radials can do some major damage to the trailer when they blow out. I had one of my jacks torn completely off!!!!! Plus allot of other stuff torn up like you. Bummer.

#477623 - 09/14/10 07:05 AM Re: RV Show THIS Weekend at Dell Diamond [Re: Lumberjack]
Dave Moderator Offline
AMSA Gang Boss

Loc: Spicewood
David, get with Val or Nolan at Tireman and have them get you some Goodyear Marathon trailer tires. They are by far the best and are made specifically for heavy trailers.

#477627 - 09/14/10 08:10 AM Re: RV Show THIS Weekend at Dell Diamond [Re: Dave]
Lumberjack Moderator Offline
AMSA President

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
Think twice, I switched the "American" made Marathon's and that is what tore my jack off plus a whole lot more. Less than 500 miles and the air pressure was spot on. Two tires down in 1 year!

#477644 - 09/14/10 09:26 AM Re: RV Show THIS Weekend at Dell Diamond [Re: Lumberjack]
Dave Moderator Offline
AMSA Gang Boss

Larry, you can not race Baja with those tires, lol!! Honestly, I have not heard of the Goodyears having those problems. Most of the RV forum guys rave about them. I did just read in the national news about millions of defective tires coming out of China. Go figure.

#477659 - 09/14/10 10:49 AM Re: RV Show THIS Weekend at Dell Diamond [Re: Dave]
Tireman Offline
Austin

Four year old trailer tires are keeping my kids in private school.
A new tire from anywhere is better than three year old trailer tires.
new trailers come with two year old tires.
Larry did you realy say("jack off plus a whole lot more.")?

#477665 - 09/14/10 11:14 AM Re: RV Show THIS Weekend at Dell Diamond [Re: Tireman]
katattack Offline
Gang Daddy

We had 2 blow outs on our 1st toyhauler (needless to say, our 2nd one had better tires on it) - unfortunately both happened AFTER a race - the 1st blew on the way back through Houston after that gawd awful heat stroke race in Beaumont that one summer (when Aaron was on the hot asphalt, changing a tire with raw, blistered hands - stinks to be the guy!). :-) The lesson learned from that experience was that when 1 goes, ya might as well replace em all (for our 2nd blowout happened not even a couple weeks after the first one). Im also with Dave - I think us racers drag our campers through a little more rough stuff than theyre made for - hee hee!

Moderator:  Dave, Lumberjack, Maddog 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

Skip's Cycles - 850 US Highway 281, Building #860 - Wichita Falls,TX 76310 - 940.723.7547

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
CycleGear.com Gaurantees
Shop Cycle Gear for Motorcycle Parts and Apparel
MotoSport, Inc.
Locations of visitors to this page
American Trails
Outdoor Hub