TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#467708 - 05/24/10 09:00 PM Is there always one kid that dominates?
316minimom Offline
New Boot

Is there always one rider that is better than everyone else and always wins? Especially in mini classes. There is so much stuff being said where we race. It is crazy. I just was wandering does it go on everywhere? Parents being called cheaters and fighting between parents. Is it normal for one rider to be a lot better than everyone else that it isnít even a race.
I miss everyone getting along and hanging out. That was one of the best parts of racing.

#467710 - 05/24/10 09:22 PM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: 316minimom]
Spermy Administrator Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Buda, just south of weird
well in the TORCS series, the answer is no. most of the races there are 4-5 kids battling for the top spots. the minis have two classes they can race and rarely is the same rider winning both classes.

there have been years where there is a dominant rider but usually only lasts a year. usually less. other riders step up. haven't ever seen any fighting.

What series are you talking about?

Spermy TORCS 611
Patty 611's number 1 fan
Drex TORCS 4
Scout carrying on the 611 tradition

#467746 - 05/24/10 11:36 PM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: 316minimom]
Fender_Bender Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Hamilton, Tx
[quote=316minimom]
Parents being called cheaters and fighting between parents.

Must be motocrossers?? That seems to be normal for them... All of the offroad series I've rode with don't have those problems. Torcs and Torn series are really good people to ride with. Most everyone that race against each other are or become friends "off the track"... The kids play all day, do their race then just go back to playing no matter who won....

Sheldon
TORCS.....153

#467747 - 05/24/10 11:43 PM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: Fender_Bender]
liss Offline
Gang Mom

Loc: LOVING,TEXAS
Yeah what he said......
In MX there is a lot of sandbagging going on. They don't have the benifit of a bump system like the cross country races. People with race the beginner class in mx for their entire racing carrer

Sponsor:
Week's Muffler Bearings and Powerbands

Mom of:
Kate 815 R
Buddy 15 lb
many many others I claim
Grandma of:
Josie..future pro #15

#467820 - 05/25/10 01:39 PM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: liss]
316minimom Offline
New Boot

I hate to blast the name out there but heck if there on here they know who it is and who I am talking about. It is us quad racers. Texoma racing. The same kids have won year after year. Every know and then someone may get close but still loose. For the last 3 years both kids have dominated each class that they have raced in. I think right now they are each racing 2 or 3 classes. It sucks for all the other kids. I want to see them battle it out.
Most of the kids do play with each other. I usually have about 6-7 boys running between my trailer and my friends.
Its the parents that don't get along very well and everyone saying that the parents are cheating. You do have to wander since they have won almost every every year for at least 3 years now. The boys are good but can a 7-10 yr old be THAT good??
We are thinking about tryig out OCCRA which is cross country. At least seeing if my son likes it and not focus souly on tqra. I just hate all the back biting. I want to hang out laugh and have fun. Not focus on how to make a bike faster and how to beat sos's parents. I just want my kid to have a least kid to compete with and have FUN with it!!

#467834 - 05/25/10 02:49 PM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: 316minimom]
Veteran Lunatic

it's hard to say. some kids are that fast. the other issue is kids confidence. if the other kids think that they will be beat, they will be.

as far as cheating, i would think that if they were cheating for the last several years, they would get caught. if it's course cutting, send out scouts. if it's equipment, don't know if there a mod requirements. but if a bike has been highly modified it would be obvious.

maybe the kids train a lot or are taking classes?

Spermy TORCS 611
Patty 611's number 1 fan
Drex TORCS 4

#467891 - 05/25/10 09:05 PM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: Spermy]
liss Offline
Gang Mom

Loc: LOVING,TEXAS
Check out TORN racing . They have a quad series now. I race the Cross country bikes TORN series and it's a great group of folks.
www.tornracing.com click on the quad picture.

Sponsor:
Week's Muffler Bearings and Powerbands

Mom of:
Kate 815 R
Buddy 15 lb
many many others I claim
Grandma of:
Josie..future pro #15

#467966 - 05/26/10 02:46 AM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: liss]
RACER87 Offline
Gang Boss

Besides racing, we have been actively involved in other sports too, and I have to say that sometimes the kids are just that good. There is always "the kid who scores the goals" or "the kid who runs the fastest" or the kid who just seems to grasp the game on a higher leval than the others. But as we all know, kids develop at different rates, and some are just more inclined to a certain sport or discipline than others. As long as they are having a good time,and learning from the experiance, just let it go and enjoy the time with them! smile

#468289 - 05/28/10 10:53 AM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: RACER87]
texasmx919 Offline
TON Member

Loc: San Antonio Texas
AMEN Racer87. That is the best way to handle it. There are always some kids who are a little faster than others, but in the end they are all kids! We as parents just need to let them be kids and ride and race for their enjoyment. Be proud of them for putting forth their best efforts no matter the results, as long as they are giving it 100%. And in the end, cheaters if that be the case never prosper and KARMA always comes around. Have fun and ride and race try not to take it so serious and just enjoy it. Set a example of fun, and enjoyment. And whatever happens, happens.......
Tony-#919-2008 CRF450R
www.rnsmotoworx.com
Robert-#311-2003 KX250

Sponsors-R&S MOTOWORX, and Powerhouse Cycle

Dirt is for racing, and asphalt is only for getting there!

#472121 - 07/11/10 03:20 AM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: texasmx919]
acman Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: sulphur springs texas
yea but if he wins all the time hes in the wrong class !! it does no one any good to win all the time! losing is just as importain as winning it lets you know where you can gwt better at and it is part of life??

my long hair just can't cover up my redneck!

If I'd have learned to twist, I'd be a motocross star by now!

#472249 - 07/13/10 02:13 AM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: acman]
RACER87 Offline
Gang Boss

I agree, but sometimes there is just no where to move them too due to age, especially if they are already in the top bracket for thier age group. Usually, as they age, hard work from the other kids will begin to catch up to the raw talent.

#472250 - 07/13/10 02:23 AM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: RACER87]
Veteran Lunatic

you know just the oppisite thing happens when you get old. ther's lots of classes you can ride in just none of them slow enough to be competitive. frown

Spermy TORCS 611
Patty 611's number 1 fan
Drex TORCS 4

#472251 - 07/13/10 02:41 AM Re: Is there always one kid that dominates? [Re: Spermy]
Fender_Bender Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Hamilton, Tx
Originally Posted By: Spermy
you know just the oppisite thing happens when you get old. ther's lots of classes you can ride in just none of them slow enough to be competitive. frown

BINGO!!!!!

Sheldon
TORCS.....153

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub