TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#464983 - 05/04/10 03:07 PM New Mom
Rebecca Offline

Loc: Temple TX
Hi!
I am new to this all together.. We took my 4 year old to a monster truck rally and he saw the motocross and fell in love. Well now he has all the gear and the bike but know place to ride. My husband bought a bike to so he can ride with him. We both have no idea what we are doing. We took our son to lessons and he did real well.. But again where do we go to ride and any ideas of places to camp to go ride? We have a trail trailer and that would be awesome! Any insite would be great. Im just so new and lost...

#465005 - 05/04/10 06:05 PM Re: New Mom [Re: Rebecca]
Spermy Administrator Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Buda, just south of weird
Well first off congradulations.

You may want to check into the Waco Eagles Club they have some property in the Waco area to ride on. You can go to Cross Creek MX that's just north of Bastrop on 21. They have several mx tracks, trails and even a little kids track. lots of room to learn.

most tracks have lessons of some kind. typically a mx school will come in and hold a class for a day or weekend.

There's also TORCS which is a VERY family oriented off road series. typically woods and maybe a little mx. There are quite a few little ones out there and classes for every age and skill level.

My wife was worried when we first started letting our son ride, but now she's just as much into it as I am. There are other families that will do whatever you need to help you out.

In torcs i've seen people loan strangers their extra bikes just so a little kid could race casue his bike wouldn't start. Check out TORCS you will love it. Tell Jackie i sent ya.

here's a picture of our son at his first race, when he was 4. and then another from last sunday.

good luck and have fun.

Attachments
DSC03779.JPG

DSC07223.JPG

Spermy TORCS 611
Patty 611's number 1 fan
Drex TORCS 4
Scout carrying on the 611 tradition

#465016 - 05/04/10 07:00 PM Re: New Mom [Re: Spermy]
Rebecca Offline

Oh my gosh he is soo friggin cute!!!

I cant wait for my son to get into it more.. He loves it! i would love to get a bike but we just bought two so i have to wait a little bit smile We have a younger one to so the bike once outgrown can be used if he is into it also. Thank you for the information .I really cant wait to meet more people he can ride with... Makes it more fun!

#465023 - 05/04/10 07:52 PM Re: New Mom [Re: Rebecca]
Veteran Lunatic

unfortunately TORCS has the next two rounds in Hallettsville and then Pierce Texas. Pretty far for a day trip come take a look. You should also take a look into the AMSA (Austin Moto Sports Asoc.) they just two family days the past two weekends at Powells ranch in Rockne. Great place.

AMSA is also very family oriented.

You can check into both of these organizations elsewhere on the forums. TORCS is listed in the motorcycle competition sections and AMSA is in the clubs. lots of good people and many willing to get you started in the right direction.

We ride race almost every weekend somewhere. Like i said there's a torcs race this weekend but cross creek will have another race on May 30th. You should come out and watch. You can find more info on cross creek under the mx tracks section on the main forum page.

Spermy TORCS 611
Patty 611's number 1 fan
Drex TORCS 4

#465025 - 05/04/10 08:06 PM Re: New Mom [Re: Spermy]
Veteran Lunatic

here's a picture of the start of a TORCS race. You will notice the faster kids start on one row and then the smaller slower kids start on their own row about 30 secs behind.

it may be hard to notice but all the dads are more nervous than the kids.

if i remember correctly the little boy on the yellow suzuki in the back, it was his first race and he was 4. i think he managed 3 laps in the 30 minute race. not cause he crashed but he had his feet down the whole time and walked along. he was so happy at the end. i added a shot of him on the trail. that is my son behind him.

the bigger kids are always causous going around the little ones.

Attachments
IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

Spermy TORCS 611
Patty 611's number 1 fan
Drex TORCS 4

#465060 - 05/04/10 11:27 PM Re: New Mom [Re: Spermy]
Fender_Bender Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Hamilton, Tx

Sheldon
TORCS.....153

#465070 - 05/05/10 12:00 AM Re: New Mom [Re: Fender_Bender]
Veteran Lunatic

right Curtis. i looked up ft hood dirt riders but the site is no longer working. forgot about the start up of CTOR. Thanks.

Spermy TORCS 611
Patty 611's number 1 fan
Drex TORCS 4

#465160 - 05/05/10 02:41 PM Re: New Mom [Re: Spermy]
Rebecca Offline

they are so cute! so litte! now i saw the TORCs has a things going on the 8&9.. is that something that I should go to.. or do they have those often.. thoughts?

Edited by Rebecca (05/05/10 02:47 PM)

#465161 - 05/05/10 02:42 PM Re: New Mom [Re: Fender_Bender]
Rebecca Offline

Thank you so much.. I will start joining !.. yall have been great!!!

#465167 - 05/05/10 02:55 PM Re: New Mom [Re: Rebecca]
Veteran Lunatic

yes, we will be racing this weekend. but it's in Halletsville (south of Schulenberg). From Temple that's about a 2-1/2 hour drive.

if you don't mind the drive come on out. We camp from friday night till sunday. the 50's race early both days. 10:35 on sat and 8:45 sunday.

Spermy TORCS 611
Patty 611's number 1 fan
Drex TORCS 4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub