TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Topic Options
#441895 - 11/23/09 08:12 AM Relocating to Lubbock, TX...please help!
HickOnACrick Offline

Hey all,

I will be relocating to Lubbock this summer. While flying in, the terrain seemed a bit...elavationally challanged.

I was offered a fantastic job in Lubbock, but everyone who knows me wants to know what I am going to do with my free time. While my wife is on-line looking for homes, I am on line looking at Google Earth.

Anyway, I have been lurking here for a couple of days, and you all seem like the sort of degenerate low life scum I will fit in with...no offense intended.

I currently own a KTM 950 SER. But I get the feeling her hunger for 80mph desert rides will not be fed in Texas???

So if you don't mind a Yankee joining your ranks...

#442821 - 11/30/09 12:39 PM Re: Relocating to Lubbock, TX...please help! [Re: HickOnACrick]
TOOLMAN Offline
TSCEC Board

Loc: Lubbock, Tx.
Elevationally challenged? Well we do have some elevation change, probobly not what you may be used to but it works fine for us. We do not have places where your 950 can be fully aired out, however there are club members that have them, they just don't ride them at the lease. Our land is ranges from flat pasture to tight trees to rugged nasty elevation changes. We are a club that utilizes private land to ride on. We do take new prospective members but at this time our membership is full with 7 on the waiting list. We just recently moved back to this lease, which has stirred a huge swell of excitement and activity among our members and the downside is that no one is looking to get out right now. We estimate that the wait could be 18-24 months. There are other clubs in the area that may be seeking new members, such as West Texas Boondockers and Post Enduro assoc.
You are welcome to put you name on the waiting list and if our membership votes you in, then you can wait it out.
Thanks for your interest.
Kelly

#445217 - 12/14/09 06:06 PM Re: Relocating to Lubbock, TX...please help! [Re: TOOLMAN]
HickOnACrick Offline

Originally Posted By: TOOLMAN
Elevationally challenged? Well we do have some elevation change, probobly not what you may be used to but it works fine for us. We do not have places where your 950 can be fully aired out, however there are club members that have them, they just don't ride them at the lease. Our land is ranges from flat pasture to tight trees to rugged nasty elevation changes. We are a club that utilizes private land to ride on. We do take new prospective members but at this time our membership is full with 7 on the waiting list. We just recently moved back to this lease, which has stirred a huge swell of excitement and activity among our members and the downside is that no one is looking to get out right now. We estimate that the wait could be 18-24 months. There are other clubs in the area that may be seeking new members, such as West Texas Boondockers and Post Enduro assoc.
You are welcome to put you name on the waiting list and if our membership votes you in, then you can wait it out.
Thanks for your interest.
Kelly

Thanks,

How do I put my name on the list?

#445239 - 12/14/09 07:34 PM Re: Relocating to Lubbock, TX...please help! [Re: HickOnACrick]
Thumpersaurus1 Offline
TON Member

Loc: 79493
Utility Trailer
Tent
"the most important thing in life is to find an occupation that will support your motorcycle addiction"
Doc Basharian
Dentist

#445400 - 12/15/09 06:49 PM Re: Relocating to Lubbock, TX...please help! [Re: HickOnACrick]
syncmaster Offline

Hick, just moved near Texas Tech and used Texas Movers to find a moving company. Hope this helps!

#445479 - 12/16/09 09:14 AM Re: Relocating to Lubbock, TX...please help! [Re: syncmaster]
HickOnACrick Offline

Originally Posted By: syncmaster
Hick, just moved near Texas Tech and used Texas Movers to find a moving company. Hope this helps!

Thanks, one of my riding buddies has an interstate moving company (twomanmovers.com) so I will likely be using his services.

#445675 - 12/17/09 01:11 PM Re: Relocating to Lubbock, TX...please help! [Re: HickOnACrick]
syncmaster Offline

sweet.

Moderator:  Frosty 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page